Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 51: Dallas Mavericks (27-23) vs. Brooklyn Nets (20-29)
It wasn't pretty, but we will take it. 44 % from three saved the day against depleted and average BKN team. It showed it was a second night of the B2B for both teams. NY next, who is rolling despite missing half of the team.

West is brutal. Everyone in the fight for playoff is winning, Mavs will need to win a lot to advance in the standings.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 01:36 AM)omahen Wrote: It wasn't pretty, but we will take it. 44 % from three saved the day against depleted and average BKN team. It showed it was a second night of the B2B for both teams. NY next, who is rolling despite missing half of the team.

West is brutal. Everyone in the fight for playoff is winning, Mavs will need to win a lot to advance in the standings.

Clippers have really got it rolling. Kawhi is playing like he did with the Raptors, and Harden has really fit better than I ever imagined. It's a four way tie for best record in the West. Clippers, Thunder, T-Wolves, and Nuggets.
Like Reply
https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1755...29977?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg

NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
Nets fan: "Kyrie why don't play like this when you were on the Nets? Why Kai?"

Irving: "Thank Mayor [Eric] Adams for that, bro."

(Via @Courtsidenets / h/t @ClutchPoints )

https://twitter.com/dalton_trigg/status/...2395547844

Kyrie's dunk

https://x.com/pandahank41/status/1755062...28562?s=20

Luka, Shammgod, DFS, and DSJ all catching up.

I need Dodo to return someday. DSJ too to be honest.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I really hope we keep Green. He is not untouchable but it looks like he is moving in the right direction that we all hoped for. He hit another big shot last night. I don’t think last night was a great game for him (especially with some previous games of his), but he seems much more comfortable on the floor knowing when to attack. In the past he seemed like a 5th wheel when he was out there with Luka and Kyrie. He seems to have found his footing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Also, I am not ok with Luka playing all the second half. Especially with all our injuries. As great as he was, I think he definitely had tired legs on several plays in the second half. No reason he shouldn’t have had ample rest. The team probably would have been fine. I am sure Luka pushed to stay in the game but this is where Kidd needs to make the decision.

You can really see the size issues the Mavs have on the wings. PF for sure but in the second quarter they had both Hardy and Hardaway in the game. Tough to ask Hardy to guard O’Neal. Exum will fix some of this.

I keep thinking what is the surprise trade for Claxton? I was super impressed him taking the responsibility to guard Luka and do pretty good. Is it OKC? Who else? He could really be a huge addition for a team. Maybe the nets keep him.
Like Reply
Claxton had 5 blocked shots last night. Two of them I think on Doncic - who almost never has shots blocked.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 09:06 AM)Winter Wrote: Claxton had 5 blocked shots last night. Two of them I think on Doncic - who almost never has shots blocked.

It got me thinking if he could ever play with Lively?  I guess the offense would be too hard with the lack of spacing.  But lively, Claxton and maxi with one more would really help out with our length.

Probably not realistic though
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 08:53 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I really hope we keep Green.  He is not untouchable but it looks like he is moving in the right direction that we all hoped for.  He hit another big shot last night.  I don’t think last night was a great game for him (especially with some previous games of his), but he seems much more comfortable on the floor knowing when to attack.  In the past he seemed like a 5th wheel when he was out there with Luka and Kyrie.  He seems to have found his footing.

The fact that most of us think Green didn’t have a great game (I agree) and he still scored 12 points (his average since returning from injury) is a very positive sign indeed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 08:53 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I really hope we keep Green.  He is not untouchable but it looks like he is moving in the right direction that we all hoped for.  He hit another big shot last night.  I don’t think last night was a great game for him (especially with some previous games of his), but he seems much more comfortable on the floor knowing when to attack.  In the past he seemed like a 5th wheel when he was out there with Luka and Kyrie.  He seems to have found his footing.

Was going to mention him hitting another clutch shot. You can see that his teammates trust him more and that he trusts himself to take, and make, them. Reminds me of the step in Dorian’s evolution when he became that guy here. Really nice to see. It’s one of the best ways to measure a player as a “vet.” Next step, doing it in the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply