Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPM released
(12-12-2019, 03:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JerryEngelmann/statu...3865182208

I would suspect the most recent changes in the formula were still Engelmann's....but I could be wrong. Just a guess.

(12-12-2019, 08:20 AM)Kammrath Wrote: BUT I do think he is a vastly overrated defender. Similar to Marion for a number of years.

@"fifteenth"!!!!

Why won't you take the bait???

(12-12-2019, 02:57 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Not surprised some are downplaying this highly advanced, analytic statistic since it only places Luka as a top 15 player rather than top 5. I'm guessing you won't see this stat in the HALLELUKA thread.

As the creator of the HALLELUKA thread I think I am qualified to respond:

I think Luka being top 15 is probably right where it should be. His boxscores are easy top 5....but his on/off impact is -4.2 through 23 games. LOTS of noise in such a small sample size, but Luka still has a LONG way to go toward impacting his lineup in a way that Dirk (or Duncan) did for years. 

If Luka gets that figured out, the Mavs will have a potential dynasty on their hands.
Like Reply
(12-12-2019, 02:57 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Not surprised some are downplaying this highly advanced, analytic statistic since it only places Luka as a top 15 player rather than top 5. I'm guessing you won't see this stat in the HALLELUKA thread.

I also see " Mav fans" are also awfully quiet about Brunson's ELITE play based on this advanced statistic. Some used this very same stat to trash Brunson this past summer. Where you at?

Are you Hard Luck Charm with a new name?

He was the last anal-expulsive so-called """Mavs""" """fan""" who was determined to denigrate Luka at the expense of superstars like Harrison Barnes, Wesley Matthews, DeAndre Jordan, and Dennis Smith Jr.

I'll bet you won't be satisfied until the Mavs trade Luka so that future GOAT Jalen Brunson can take the reins. TBQH, I am one of those who does indeed have a little bit of a problem with Brunson - partly because of you and your ridiculousness about him, but also I think that not being able to mesh with Luka on the court is a major problem - as we saw from those those four stooges last year. To me, it speaks very, very negatively of the player involved.

Yeah, I'm one of the people you were targeting with that post, for sure. It's because I'm one of those strange endangered creatures known as a Mavs fan.
Like Reply

I also see " Mav fans" are also awfully quiet about Brunson's ELITE play based on this advanced statistic. Some used this very same stat to trash Brunson this past summer. Where you at?

You are hands down the worst poster on this site lol. (Subjectively of course)
You are hands down the most negative poster on the site (Literally though)

Maybe we can dislike RPM cause they have guys like AD only ranking as 61th in the league and 143rd on defense

Or Harden a Plus 2 on defense.

Anyone who has ever watched this game with any sense can see neither of those 2 things make any sense at all.

Definitely think you are a old shit poster with a new name. (MJ Shrug)
Like Reply
(12-12-2019, 03:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @fifteenth!!!!

Why won't you take the bait???

LOL, I'm having to concentrate pretty hard on work today, I did think about responding to "like Marion" for sure, but I exercised restraint. I DID NOT catch on that you were baiting me!! So kudos for that. If I wasn't as busy at work you might have snagged me. :-)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(12-12-2019, 04:17 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Are you Hard Luck Charm with a new name?

He was the last anal-expulsive so-called """Mavs""" """fan""" who was determined to denigrate Luka at the expense of superstars like Harrison Barnes, Wesley Matthews, DeAndre Jordan, and Dennis Smith Jr.

I'll bet you won't be satisfied until the Mavs trade Luka so that future GOAT Jalen Brunson can take the reins. TBQH, I am one of those who does indeed have a little bit of a problem with Brunson - partly because of you and your ridiculousness about him, but also I think that not being able to mesh with Luka on the court is a major problem - as we saw from those those four stooges last year. To me, it speaks very, very negatively of the player involved.

Yeah, I'm one of the people you were targeting with that post, for sure. It's because I'm one of those strange endangered creatures known as a Mavs fan.

Sounds like you are taking this way too personally. I am appalled a moderator of this fantastic site even liked your post further encouraging anti-poster, non-basketball talk. Then again perhaps I shouldn't be shocked given that same moderator personally insulted me with non-basketball talk recently.

Luka is a MVP caliber player, who I've said plenty of nice things about, but he is not beyond reproach. I see plenty critique him for his occasional recklessness, shot selection, defense, etc. but seems like when others mention it, it's fine. I mean Kamm literally just acknowledged the RPM statistic reflecting Luka's flaw(s) and you liked it.

I am not allowed to point out an unbiased stat, which is your favorite by the way, because it makes Luka look human rather than a god? Now, I am suddenly a Luka hater, who wants him traded?

I hope we can stick to more basketball talk (like Kamm's, fif's, ML's response) than falsely smearing posters for no apparent reason. 

(12-12-2019, 04:48 PM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: You are hands down the worst poster on this site lol. (Subjectively of course)

Maybe we can dislike RPM cause they have guys like AD only ranking as 61th in the league and 143rd on defense

Anyone who has ever watched this game with any sense can see neither of those 2 things make any sense at all.

Interesting. You think the first two sentences and last one were necessary to get your point across? Another emotional, non-basketball comment. 

You probably think you're some sort of hero calling me the worst poster here. Maybe I am, that's alright. But you will never see me degrade other posters for sharing a different opinion than mine. Never. And believe me there were countless times I could have sunk to that level too lol.

I can talk basketball without attacking other posters. If that defines me as the worst poster here then so be it.
Like Reply
(12-12-2019, 08:11 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Luka is a MVP caliber player, who I've said plenty of nice things about, but he is not beyond reproach. I see plenty critique him for his occasional recklessness, shot selection, defense, etc. but seems like when others mention it, it's fine. I mean Kamm literally just acknowledged the RPM statistic reflecting Luka's flaw(s) and you liked it.

I am not allowed to point out an unbiased stat, which is your favorite by the way, because it makes Luka look human rather than a god? Now, I am suddenly a Luka hater, who wants him traded?

I hope we can stick to more basketball talk (like Kamm's, fif's, ML's response) than falsely smearing posters for no apparent reason.

So you're denying the sauce you slopped on the original post to which I was responding? I think anyone with basic reading comprehension could perceive that you were mocking people who have any sort of enthusiasm about Luka. That struck me as Hard Luck Charm-esque. He got into all kinds of ad hominems against Luka which made no sense at all if one was watching the games and was a Mavs fan.

It's certainly okay to acknowledge that Luka needs to grow as a player. Making that one's main focus strikes me as hate that doesn't have anything to do with Mavs fandom, given that 25 teams in the league would happily trade their two best players for him, but perhaps that's just me.
Like Reply
(12-12-2019, 08:11 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 04:17 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Are you Hard Luck Charm with a new name?

Sounds like you are taking this way too personally. I am appalled a moderator of this fantastic site even liked your post further encouraging anti-poster, non-basketball talk. Then again perhaps I shouldn't be shocked given that same moderator personally insulted me with non-basketball talk recently.

Luka is a MVP caliber player, who I've said plenty of nice things about, but he is not beyond reproach. I see plenty critique him for his occasional recklessness, shot selection, defense, etc. but seems like when others mention it, it's fine. I mean Kamm literally just acknowledged the RPM statistic reflecting Luka's flaw(s) and you liked it.

(12-12-2019, 04:48 PM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: You are hands down the worst poster on this site lol. (Subjectively of course)

Interesting. You think the first two sentences and last one were necessary to get your point across? Another emotional, non-basketball comment. 

You probably think you're some sort of hero calling me the worst poster here. Maybe I am, that's alright. But you will never see me degrade other posters for sharing a different opinion than mine. Never. And believe me there were countless times I could have sunk to that level too lol.

I can talk basketball without attacking other posters. If that defines me as the worst poster here then so be it.

My first 2 sentences and my last one were my point. The stuff in the middle was just fluff...

Btw you attack posters all the time. Stop pretending you are a victim. You respond extremely negative and condescendingly in 90% of your posts to anyone who says something opposing your opinion even if their post isn't toward you or your opinion. Try "bringing something to the table" and stop being delusional.
Like Reply
(12-12-2019, 04:17 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Are you Hard Luck Charm with a new name?

first of all, i am objectively the worst poster on this board. have you seen my post history? 
second of all, I concur.
Like Reply