Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did we fire Casey Smith again?
It seems like since the very early part of the season we have been missing multiple players at a time ever since and health has been this team's #1 enemy. We used to tout Casey Smith as one of the best in the business but suddenly got rid of him without much of an explanation at all. Does anyone know what the deal is with that?
Like Reply
He wasn't fired. He was just moved from the bench to the front office. He is still listed as his role on the Mavs website.

Now does that mean he still overseeing the team? Who knows. But he wasn't fired as of today
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
They are letting his contract expire and he's been replaced, maybe he wasn't technically fired, but his move off the bench was reported as a demotion and no one with the team disputed it at the time.
[-] The following 2 users Like Benskix2's post:
  • MrGoat, WillE
Like Reply
(02-04-2024, 03:13 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: They are letting his contract expire and he's been replaced, maybe he wasn't technically fired, but his move off the bench was reported as a demotion and no one with the team disputed it at the time.

There must have been issues beyond his job performance. We did fairly well at limiting injuries before, and now the whole team is dropping like flies. Another Cuban fail, tbqh.
Like Reply
(02-04-2024, 03:13 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: They are letting his contract expire and he's been replaced, maybe he wasn't technically fired, but his move off the bench was reported as a demotion and no one with the team disputed it at the time.

Thanks for sharing.  A lot of teams are very secretive.   It seems like the Mavs are extra secretive.   Most times you can feel good about that.   AT the moment, I am wondering if it is more ineptness with their previous hiccups.   

I can explain most of the injuries away.   A lot of bad luck.  But it feels like players are taking longer to come back, but maybe that is not fair.   I have a major problem if Grant came in over 20 pounds where he is now.    I don't know if that is the trainer's role, but that is a bad sign.
Like Reply

A little like Belichick.  Went from an award-winning, respected part of a championship team to complete and total trash in no time.

Maybe there's another explanation.
Like Reply
(02-05-2024, 01:55 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: A little like Belichick.  Went from an award-winning, respected part of a championship team to complete and total trash in no time.

Maybe there's another explanation.

I don't know what happened, but I think he was key to keeping the Dirk-era teams healthy and productive. Maybe Luka doesn't like him because Casey kept pestering him about conditioning and health (my own speculation).
Like Reply
(02-05-2024, 12:42 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: There must have been issues beyond his job performance. We did fairly well at limiting injuries before, and now the whole team is dropping like flies. Another Cuban fail, tbqh.

The KP thing certainly didn't go well.  If he signed off on Wes Matthews or Chandler Parsons he should have been fired years ago.
Like Reply
DEI
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 02:49 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: DEI

Care to elaborate? I highly, highly doubt that that would be the case in this instance. I thought the acronym to be similar to a DUI when I first read it and was like “oh, high on his own supply!” Ronnie Jackson-like
Like Reply
Diversity, equity, and inclusion?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 08:29 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Diversity, equity, and inclusion?
Yes. It was a joke because Cuban is all over Twitter talking about it.
Like Reply