Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 44: Phoenix Suns (25-18) vs. Dallas Mavericks (24-19)
One of the most pathetic games I’ve watched in a while. No fight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
It looks like the Mavs are at least 6 full games out of tank position. Thats probably too far to fall. They’re screwed. No playoffs and no pick. Last years team offered more hope than these guys.
Like Reply
Exum needs his rhythm back. Maybe that three will help. Williams Green Jones all need to get their offense going. It is frustrating to Luka when he can’t trust them to if not make the shot at least don’t F it up. Kleber needs to get it going as well but I like his defense.
Like Reply
Where was this level of focus and fight in the third quarter, when they needed it?
Like Reply
We inch ever closer to the inevitable future:

“With the #1 pick in the 2029 NBA Draft, the Brooklyn Nets select _______”
Like Reply
Mavs are a poor defensive team.  But they are not as ooor as they show most games.  Teams get wide open looks just being patient.

On offense we take difficult shots. You’re bound to get cold in time.  Very little easy looks outside of Luka creating for himself or others.

I guess what I am saying is Mavs need to ask if they have the right coach.
Like Reply
(01-24-2024, 10:44 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Exum needs his rhythm back. Maybe that three will help. Williams Green Jones all need to get their offense going. It is frustrating to Luka when he can’t trust them to if not make the shot at least don’t F it up. Kleber needs to get it going as well but I like his defense.

It's not happening this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Maybe the Las Vegas Sands Corp. will dedicate resources to its 2.5 billion dollar investment and money whip Jerry West or someone.
Like Reply
(01-24-2024, 10:36 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: You can't blame the refs every game. Phx was not getting calls in the 1st half either. The Suns are being more physical with the Mavs, and they didn't adjust. The refs reward aggressive teams more often than not.

I think there is generally some small officiating bias against the Mavericks.  I can understand why.

If I were an NBA referee, I would not like the Mavericks.  Luka whines a lot.  He gets fouled a lot but he sometimes protests no-calls even when he wasn't fouled.  That would annoy me if I were a referee.  We could really use a new coach who could protest the bad calls himself occasionally.  A new coach might convince Luka to complain less.  

More importantly, Mark Cuban is the only NBA owner I've ever seen publicly criticize the officials.  He's done this for years.  If I were an NBA referee, I would hate Mark Cuban.  I might punish the Mavs a bit for this.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Too much Booker tonight.
Like Reply
(01-24-2024, 10:48 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs are a poor defensive team.  But they are not as ooor as they show most games.  Teams get wide open looks just being patient.

On offense we take difficult shots. You’re bound to get cold in time.  Very little easy looks outside of Luka creating for himself or others.

I guess what I am saying is Mavs need to ask if they have the right coach.

Two questions:

Is the Luka timeline coming down to a Kidd replacement coupled with the hope that some combo of expirings, picks and Green/Hardy bringing back an impact piece?

How long of a leash does Luka give that final chess move before he pulls the plug and forces his way out?

Not over reacting to this game just genuinely curious if that’s what this comes down to and if we are steam rolling toward Luka forcing his way out if things don’t turn in the right direction quickly?
Like Reply
I am going to stop watching now, as it is already five am and I have to get up in 2 hours. When Mavs double team it is a guaranteed basket for the opponents every time. I can't stand to watch GW again. When he gets ball inside the 3 point line it is like 80 % chance it will be a turnover or missed shot. Stupid technicals and stupid fouls. Killer was enthusiastic about THJ in the first half saying how you can't like this guy. Well, he showed in the second. Horrible shooting, forced shots and gives nothing on defense. Josh Green lost himself after a really good start. He is 0-3 in last two games when trying to hit an opponent with the ball trying to save it out of bounds Smile

Phoenix should rename themselves in the Phoenix floppers. Every contact in the first half one of them was rolling all over the floor as if a freight train hit him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
Just keep showcasing THJ and Green for some trades...they like playing together so hopefully teams will see them as a packaged deal for a decent forward. That's all they can really do this season.
Like Reply
Booker has always had games and streaks like this. Having Durant and Beal turns out to make them just as dangerous as we originally thought this Superteam would be. I never root for Superteams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(01-24-2024, 11:08 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Booker has always had games and streaks like this. Having Durant and Beal turns out to make them just as dangerous as we originally thought this Superteam would be. I never root for Superteams.

I really hate the Suns.  They're a good team though.  Nurkic has been really good for them as well as their big 3.  They are looking like a contender.  Unfortunately, there seems to be five contenders in the West and we're not one of them.  

It's tough to succeed in the Western Conference.
Like Reply
(01-24-2024, 11:01 PM)omahen Wrote: Horrible shooting, forced shots and gives nothing on defense.

When THJ sped up for a lay-up in transition against KD, I knew what's going to happen: Either his shot gets blocked or he throws the ball up in the air just to get a shot off (with no real determination to put the ball in).

I've seen these too many times against the Clippers series, and to this day that play holds true.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
Yeah I'm running out of excuses for this team.

From 4:55 left in the 2nd to 5:55 left in the 3rd, the Suns put up a 48-9 run. ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The team legit gave up and lied down. And why? Because the refs didn't give them the whistles they wanted. Luka especially. The playbook on him is simple. You play him tough and he folds. As soon as he doesn't get his way he forgets the objective is to win and instead is to stare down the refs as if that's ever worked before.

Its incredible to me, because it's obvious Luka can win. He's proven it in the playoffs. But right now? Today? Luka isn't good. This last month he has regressed and frankly looks like he doesn't give a shit.

Everyone else follows his lead. I am disgusted. Fuck Jason Kidd. He literally just sits there and does nothing. At what point do you just fucking bench Luka to prove a point? At what point do you put your foot down and end this nonsense. He's an enabler. He loves watching this shit. HOW DO YOU LET A TEAM RUN UP A 40 POINT RUN AND DO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHING?

Fucking loser behavior. I haven't seen someone so talented piss away the easiest fucking ascension all because he can't grow up.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Nowitzki Way, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-25-2024, 12:22 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah I'm running out of excuses for this team.

From 4:55 left in the 2nd to 5:55 left in the 3rd, the Suns put up a 48-9 run. ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The team legit gave up and lied down. And why? Because the refs didn't give them the whistles they wanted. Luka especially. The playbook on him is simple. You play him tough and he folds. As soon as he doesn't get his way he forgets the objective is to win and instead is to stare down the refs as if that's ever worked before.

Its incredible to me, because it's obvious Luka can win. He's proven it in the playoffs. But right now? Today? Luka isn't good. This last month he has regressed and frankly looks like he doesn't give a shit.

Everyone else follows his lead. I am disgusted. Fuck Jason Kidd. He literally just sits there and does nothing. At what point do you just fucking bench Luka to prove a point? At what point do you put your foot down and end this nonsense. He's an enabler. He loves watching this shit. HOW DO YOU LET A TEAM RUN UP A 40 POINT RUN AND DO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHING?

Fucking loser behavior. I haven't seen someone so talented piss away the easiest fucking ascension all because he can't grow up.

Eat some fentanyl and relax.

Mavs have looked worse for four previous years only to rebound after All-Star Break and look like a Post-Season Squad.

Im not judging until end of March.

I am tired of wasting Luka years.   Luka not being engaged because the team isnt there yet.   They need to put a team around Luka asap.   Hopefully there is something to Mark saying "Im a middle class Billionaire".   Maybe he knew he couldnt spend to make the team better so he brought in the Adelsons's.   Kinda looks like he went penny pincher after 2011.   Even though he claims he realized he lost 120M being stupid with Team Finances....he seems to be way too frugal in years before he sold to Adelsons.

Get Luka help asap.   Complain about Luka when he is being a lazy on a very talented team.   We really cant be too harsh on him yet.   His effort sucks a lot of nights on defense...lets see what happens when they put a talent around him.  Do it asap.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(01-25-2024, 12:35 AM)youzigizag Wrote: Eat some fentanyl and relax.

Complain about Luka when he is being a lazy on a very talented team.   We really cant be too harsh on him yet.   His effort sucks a lot of nights on defense...lets see what happens when they put a talent around him.  Do it asap.

Not even fentanyl will relax me after this weak heartless performance. 

And at what point do we say the team is talented enough? 3 all-stars? Why does Luka need high quality talent to give a crap about winning?

Like the bare minimum a basketball player should bring every night is passion to win a damn game. We forget Luka is being paid nearly 1 million dollars a week to play this game. He needs more motivation than that?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Luka deserves every bit of blame he's getting now. He's getting blasted for kicking that Suns fan out of the game. He's soft. He's a damn baby and needs to grow up and man up.
Like Reply