Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 44: Phoenix Suns (25-18) vs. Dallas Mavericks (24-19)
Pretty horrid last pass from Kleber to close out what was a pretty exciting first quarter.

MAVS need to keep this intensity up but maybe cut down on the fouls as we move forward.
Like Reply
Stories of Maxi Kleber’s demise were greatly exaggerated.

He is defending his balls off out there tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
First good decision Hardy has made all night, passing up that corner three.
Like Reply
This has not been my favorite Derek Jones Junior game of the season.

Exum passed up a good shot there. Can’t do that.
Like Reply
Man, when the team is playing well, I feel like I am the only one in this thread watching the game.

Doesn’t anyone else LIKE the Mavericks? Aren’t we supposed to enjoy their better efforts?
Like Reply
This game is fun!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Mavs hot start from three got them taking almost all threes. They should really try to drive. That will lead to drive and kicks. But the no drive three point possessions are killer. Even sometimes when they make them.

That and the free throws misses and putting them in the line are killer.
Like Reply
They’re not really playing well.
Like Reply
Suns literally fought their way back in it.
Like Reply
Good game so far but worried we may lose both Luka and Josh for the 2nd half with foot/ankle.

Seems like refs did a very nice job keeping Suns in the game through the Mavs hot shooting, 15 fouls on Mavs, only 8 on the Suns.
[-] The following 3 users Like DrMav's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft, rocky164
Like Reply
Just sloppy. Teams make runs but all the hard work the Mavs did, just disappears because they get careless on their shot selection and other weird things. Just not a mature team when their shot goes cold.
Like Reply
(01-24-2024, 09:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Man, when the team is playing well, I feel like I am the only one in this thread watching the game.

Doesn’t anyone else LIKE the Mavericks? Aren’t we supposed to enjoy their better efforts?

I find it really hard to watch.  Never been too active in threads anyway.  But they have become a team I don’t enjoy watching at all.  Fought through it last year and early this season.  

Now I find myself throwing the games on as background noise.  May be an age thing, but I don’t ever recall myself being less engaged with a Mavs team…and yes that includes 90s Mavs. 

I’m trying, just have real low give a damn levels right now.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
Okogie with some obvious flops. I thought the league was looking to penalize this specifically.
Like Reply
(01-24-2024, 09:50 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: They’re not really playing well.

oh, hard disagree. They are making some mistakes, for sure. But they are playing hard and that includes some really effective defense. to me it seems like the game plan on both ends of the floor is great - they just don’t have a lot of experience playing together recently.

The Suns are a good team. Their players get paid, too.

if you can’t enjoy this game, when they are focused and trying to execute, then you might be asking for too much. Results cannot be the only thing that entertain us, or we will all be miserable all the time.

(01-24-2024, 09:52 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: I find it really hard to watch.  Never been too active in threads anyway.  But they have become a team I don’t enjoy watching at all.  Fought through it last year and early this season.  

Now I find myself throwing the games on as background noise.  May be an age thing, but I don’t ever recall myself being less engaged with a Mavs team…and yes that includes 90s Mavs. 

I’m trying, just have real low give a damn levels right now.

I get that on some nights, but I don’t think it applies to this one. I think this game has been way fun to watch.

(01-24-2024, 09:52 PM)DrMav Wrote: Good game so far but worried we may lose both Luka and Josh for the 2nd half with foot/ankle.

Seems like refs did a very nice job keeping Suns in the game through the Mavs hot shooting, 15 fouls on Mavs, only 8 on the Suns.

great to see you Dr. MAV!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Too many turnovers. Luka gets another T. Kidd just lets a 15-2 run go. This team needs to get its shit together.
Like Reply
I don’t know if they’re going to win this game, or even if they will play well in the second half. I am ready for anything.

But if you guys are telling me that you did not enjoy watching the way Grant Williams and Maxi Kleber both played defense on Durant in that first half, or how hard Luka and Lively are playing, or Green… Man, I’m not sure what you need.

The offense doesn’t lend itself to a lot of beautiful basketball, but that’s just gonna be how it is until Kidd gets fired.

(01-24-2024, 09:55 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Too many turnovers. Luka gets another T. Kidd just lets a 15-2 run go.  This team needs to get its shit together.

Yes, the suns made a run. Yes there are things the Mavericks could’ve done better to shut that down. Yes, Jason Kidd kind of sucks.

This is still a much, much better effort than the one against Boston the other night. I don’t care what you say, fight me.
Like Reply
Luka rolled that ankle again. He just can't heal those nagging injuries. Kyrie too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
This is much better effort especially defensively than against Boston. They are also making shots. Unfortunately for this team the two are related. Disappointing end to the second quarter but overall a fun game to watch.
[-] The following 2 users Like rocky164's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-24-2024, 10:03 PM)rocky164 Wrote: This is much better effort especially defensively than against Boston.  They are also making shots.  Unfortunately for this team the two are related.  Disappointing end to the second quarter but overall a fun game to watch.

Do you mean that when they make shots, they play harder on defense? Or, that when they play defense, they get better shots?

I actually think both of those things are true, I just want to know which one you meant.
Like Reply
I totally enjoyed the first half but I also got frustrated how no one but Luka could do anything right offensively after we lost our rhythm. Defense has been great but the ball keeps going right to them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft
Like Reply