Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 43: Boston Celtics (34-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (24-19) 119-110 loss
Just a impressive performance by the Celtics after a pretty tough game last night. Just taking care of business.

As far as the Mavs, they need to start asking some questions. Not the huge questions but these performances can’t happen this many times. Again, Boston is probably the best team in the league. But they can do this tonight very easily.
Like Reply
There are no defensive rules. No principles. No gameplan. No nothing. If you think changing the personnel on the court will fix this you are an idiot. Midd must be sent to Guantanamo Bay.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I like Green. I do.

But my God, how many wild ass layup attempts must we be subjected to on a nightly basis?? They have NO chance of going in and are turnovers, essentially.

Give me a THJ 3 over that ANY DAY.

(01-22-2024, 10:27 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I would say that drop coverage is terrorism, but it is actually worse than terrorism. A genocide perhaps?

Well, if you don’t like drop coverage, you should probably start watching a different team. Because that’s what they’ll play as long as Lively is around.
Like Reply
I can’t wait for the results based analysis to come in after the Mavs somehow win
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 10:32 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: There are no defensive rules. No principles. No gameplan. No nothing. If you think changing the personnel on the court will fix this you are an idiot. Midd must be sent to Guantanamo Bay.
Its like Houston with Harden and Paul 6 years ago.
Kidd just letting Luka and Kyrie taking one two.
This gameplan can only take you so far.
But its ugly as hell to watch thats for sure.
Like Reply
Dumb foul there, Hardaway.
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 10:37 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Its like Houston with Harden and Paul 6 years ago.
Kidd just letting Luka and Kyrie taking one two.
This gameplan can only take you so far.
But its ugly as hell to watch thats for sure.

THE OFFENSE IS IRRELEVANT MIDD’S DEFENSE IS GIVING UP OVER 117 PPG
Like Reply
Luka STILL hasn’t figured out that the refs aren’t going to call stuff like that down the stretch.

It’s so frustrating. I wish he’d wake up and realize that them allowing more physical play should BENEFIT him!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 10:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I like Green. I do.

But my God, how many wild ass layup attempts must we be subjected to on a nightly basis?? They have NO chance of going in and are turnovers, essentially.

Give me a THJ 3 over that ANY DAY.

Well, if you don’t like drop coverage, you should probably start watching a different team. Because that’s what they’ll play as long as Lively is around.

Hedge. Ice. Blitz. Literally anything is better.
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 10:40 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: THE OFFENSE IS IRRELEVANT MIDD’S DEFENSE IS GIVING UP OVER 117 PPG

But like a quarter of those points are the result of really sad shot attempts from the Mavs offense that become ridiculously easy points in transition.

Didn’t like Hardaway’s decision on that possession.
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 10:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But like a quarter of those points are the result of really sad shot attempts from the Mavs offense that become ridiculously easy points in transition.

Hear me out. We sprint back on defense.
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 10:45 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Hear me out. We sprint back on defense.

Luka doesnt sprint. Got a better idea?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bodhisattva's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 10:47 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Luka doesnt sprint. Got a better idea?

Considering that’s the only way to play transition defense, no.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 08:25 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Boston on back to back.
No KP.
Tatum been shit lately.
Easy win today.

No KP, Tatum 39, Brown 35. Easy Peasy eh?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Is there a website where I can see how many points were scored off open 3s this game? I’ve seen enough to call for a full blown federal investigation. Game fixing. Midd must be on PrizePicks.
Like Reply
Disappointed. Really thought since they had a few days off, and one of the best teams in the league was coming into town, the mavs would be motivated and on fire for this one. Guess I was wrong.

They are kinda trending similarly to last season. I know we traded for Kyrie last year, but with a hard schedule I could easily see them miss playoffs again this year if they continue like this.

(01-22-2024, 10:50 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: No KP, Tatum 38, Brown 35. Easy Peasy eh?

Somebody has to play a class clown no?
Like Reply
Don’t think I forgot about the refs. 14 FTs to 30. League would be better off if we Thanos snapped these sorry bums and replaced them with former players.
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 10:50 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Tatum 38, Brown 35. Easy Peasy eh?
Against the _allas Mavs no problem 

Luka is a decently sized part of all our problems. Despite the stats that was a bad game. Our offensive system is a problem. I really wish there was an official stat for how many points a player gives up for hanging back and crying about the refs. Luka would lead the league. 

The real killer is when the defense is rotating and Luka never switches out and just stands in front of the rim 

Grant Williams is hurt? Fat? In a bad place? Whatever it is he is a negative on the court

Everyone else looks good. We will live and die by the 3 until we play a different way
Like Reply
Just too many slow back on defenses, lazy rotations, slow to loose balls, bad defensive gambles. On offense just way to reliant on our stars with nothing built around it.

I too have bad feelings moving forward. Mavs just don’t give themselves a lot of room for error.

Boston at its best is clearly better than Dallas at its best. But tonight Boston should have needed to scratch and claw to win that game. That didn’t happen. Made it way too easy for Boston. That is the type of game that is fun on a back to back. Getting great looks is fun.

Dallas needs to shake things up, I think. The super small lineups are fun when they are scoring but we can’t get stuck with that so much. Our options are limited but need to look for other options.
Like Reply
The lineup is good, despite the clear lack of bigs who can protect the rim and rebound.
But the coach and his system is clearly flawed.

Now if the system is flawed and you can't coach a lick, what's left for you to do? Of course there's the --- "Motivation and get your team ready" stuff.
But even in that department, it seems Kidd isn't doing a good job.

Like I've been saying, Mavs would win enough for him not to get fired.
And those wins wouldn't be because of him.
They'd win despite him.

Looking forward to next season without Kidd.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply