Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 43: Boston Celtics (34-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (24-19) 119-110 loss
[Image: 1455081922.0.jpg]

Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
Boston's Kristaps Porzingis (right knee inflammation) is out vs. Dallas tonight, team says.

Dallas Mavericks Injury Report vs. Boston Celtics:

Dante Exum - out (right plantar sprain)
Seth Curry - out (left ankle sprain)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Not going to lie, I have enjoyed the little break. While I don't get upset watching the games the up and down play of the Mavs gave it quite a whirlwind when I turn on a game to watch. Lately it has been awesome, impressive win and then Ugh, what was that.
Like Reply
Best team in the league in town tonight. Will take a herculean effort for the Mavs to pull this off.
Like Reply
Boston on back to back.
No KP.
Tatum been shit lately.
Easy win today.
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 08:25 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Boston on back to back.
No KP.
Tatum been shit lately.
Easy win today.

I read that Boston has a much better record when KP doesn't play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 08:53 PM)mvossman Wrote: I read that Boston has a much better record when KP doesn't play.

Most teams would, because he is a fraud.

Two observations, so far:

The defense has been very strong, including a lot of really effective help defense from Josh green.

People who wrote Kleber off were silly. He is making a significant difference on the defensive end after just a few games back.
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 08:25 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Boston on back to back.
No KP.
Tatum been shit lately.
Easy win today.

Ridiculous. Boston is obviously a strong team this year, so there is no such thing as an easy win against them.

Wha you want to set up here is the ability to downplay a Mavs victory or to lambast them twice as hard if they lose. It’s transparent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • bodhisattva
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 08:53 PM)mvossman Wrote: I read that Boston has a much better record when KP doesn't play.

Maybe but Horford is smaller.
Like Reply
Kleber ate it on that one.
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 09:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ridiculous. Boston is obviously a strong team this year, so there is no such thing as an easy win against them.

Wha you want to set up here is the ability to downplay a Mavs victory or to lambast them twice as hard if they lose. It’s transparent.

You overthink stuff boss.
Boston has been strong for the last 5 years yet Mavs have their number.
You just hate me coz I am right about Omax and you are wrong. So you consider me a troll, which I am far from.
We both support the same team you know. Only difference is I know my stuff and you dont.
Easy win. Watch and see.
Like Reply
Once you realize that it’s a give up open 3s defense and pray they miss, you can’t unsee it.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
cant watch this game. luka's complaining way too much again. it's just not fun.
Like Reply
Luka should be benched.
Timmy out there cementing his Mavs legend status. Dude has pretty much been number 2/3 guy for the last 5 years, yet people wanna trade him for...well...last 5 years.
Like Reply
tatum fouled gw, clear as day.
these refs sux.
[-] The following 3 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 09:17 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: You overthink stuff boss.
Boston has been strong for the last 5 years yet Mavs have their number.
You just hate me coz I am right about Omax and you are wrong. So you consider me a troll, which I am far from.
We both support the same team you know. Only difference is I know my stuff and you dont.
Easy win. Watch and see.

Lol

Oh, look…ANOTHER game that would be an embarrassing blowout if Hardaway wasn’t keeping the Mavs connected.
Like Reply
Man, Luka looks rough.
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 09:35 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Luka should be benched.
Timmy out there cementing his Mavs legend status. Dude has pretty much been number 2/3 guy for the last 5 years, yet people wanna trade him for...well...last 5 years.

I'll go there.

At least 4 years for me.

Not a fan of his on-court product.   

He can score some nights.  No doubt.

Cant trust the dude to make the best bball play, though.
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 09:53 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Cant trust the dude to make the best bball play, though.

Actually, he pretty consistently makes the right pass when it’s obviously there, and this year he has been really great at driving and shooting pull ups from the mid range.

What I don’t think people understand is that he is being told to shoot most of those shots. He probably has a fairly specific number range of attempts they expect from him.
Like Reply
Man Celtics just toying with Mavs. Just making the extra pass and getting great looks. Mavs off ball defense is so bad and you may even call lazy at times.

Really disappointed in Luka tonight. Refs got in his head early and then he tried to make it a one on one contest when Brown was taking it to him. His body language looks awful too.

What is the deal with Lively on fast breaks. Ugly. lol.

Mavs offense is all self creation. Total difference between both teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-22-2024, 09:53 PM)youzigizag Wrote: I'll go there.

At least 4 years for me.

Not a fan of his on-court product.   

He can score some nights.  No doubt.

Cant trust the dude to make the best bball play, though.

Yeah hes streaky. And only thing that he can do is shoot, but i have a feeling, he is one of those guys that you dont really appreciate until you lose him.
Meanwhile Embiid got 70, KAT has 60 with 8 minutes to go and Luka out there missing layups.
Maybe not so easy win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bodhisattva's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply