Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game 42: Dallas Mavericks (24-17) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (20-21)
(01-18-2024, 12:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He only appears when the Mavs lose badly and blames Kyrie, THJ, and Kidd.

I’m assuming it’s the same guy who’s been banned multiple times. He showed up as soon as the recent ban.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Im the guy that always gets banned.

I have no ties to GATA.

Im singular. Im not multiple at the same time. I dont shapeshift either...or at least appear to shapeshift. I just try and be reasonable with the bad information that I receive. I dont play both sides at same time.
Like Reply
(01-18-2024, 12:24 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Im the guy that always gets banned.

I have no ties to GATA.

Im singular.  Im not multiple at the same time.  I dont shapeshift either...or at least appear to shapeshift. I just try and be reasonable with the bad information that I receive.  I dont play both sides at same time.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(01-18-2024, 12:03 PM)youzigizag Wrote: I will say this...in the Bubble playoffs...when Dallas needed defense late and rebounds late...Maxi showed up.   So I dont know if situationally, like late game Playoffs, if we need boards Maxi is told to crash harder than rest of game?   Maybe normal scheme doesnt have him crashing as hard?

Its just disappointing that we have a spry, quick footed 6'10 guy that cant procure boards.   Or...1 in 21 minutes last night.

Maybe I am overreacting to one game.

DJJ' play seems fine with me for the most part.  Its just odd the two times I randomly check box scores in past two weeks there were huge issues with DJJ's +/-.   They both jumped out at me.  Enough to make a post about.

Maxi is at the end of his rope I'm afraid to say. He might have a periodic flashback, but you can tell those injuries have taken they're toll.
Like Reply
Im looking at a Maxi Kleber injury history report going back to 2018 from Foxsports.com(no clue if accurate website or information)

There are so many injuries you dont know what has really been the lingering issue. The only major injury the jumps out if the Achilles...but we are 2 and a half years down the road on that injury.

Either he is extremely injury prone or there is a major lingering issue.

Are you suggesting the Achilles caused his game to tank? He looked like he moved fine the other night. I saw they had him, on a few possessions in a short amount of time, running around like Steph Curry around screens. He was moving around fine and well for a big. Unless he cant jump anymore or something like that....he was moving fine. Luka and Jokic rebound fine and they cant jump.

I dont know what the problem is with this guy so frequently. Is he really done, though?
Like Reply
(01-18-2024, 05:43 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Im looking at a Maxi Kleber injury history report going back to 2018 from Foxsports.com(no clue if accurate website or information)

There are so many injuries you dont know what has really been the lingering issue.  The only major injury the jumps out if the Achilles...but we are 2 and a half years down the road on that injury.

Either he is extremely injury prone or there is a major lingering issue.

Are you suggesting the Achilles caused his game to tank?  He looked like he moved fine the other night.  I saw they had him, on a few possessions in a short amount of time, running around like Steph Curry around screens.  He was moving around fine and well for a big.  Unless he cant jump anymore or something like that....he was moving fine.  Luka and Jokic rebound fine and they cant jump.

I dont know what the problem is with this guy so frequently.  Is he really done, though?
Kleber was always a major talent, but at age 18 he had a MAJOR knee injury and from there all kind of injuries (big and small) have followed him around. It was the reason he withdrew from the 2012 draft. Between his talent, the fact that he was balling for Dirk´s old club and it´s year one after Dirk´s championship, he´s probably a top 10 pick without the injuries. He re-entered at 22 and went undrafted, again due to his injury history. Never a question of his talent, but he just can´t stay healthy: never has since he turned 18.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • Chicagojk, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(01-18-2024, 06:04 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Kleber was always a major talent, but at age 18 he had a MAJOR knee injury and from there all kind of injuries (big and small) have followed him around. It was the reason he withdrew from the 2012 draft. Between his talent, the fact that he was balling for Dirk´s old club and it´s year one after Dirk´s championship, he´s probably a top 10 pick without the injuries. He re-entered at 22 and went undrafted, again due to his injury history. Never a question of his talent, but he just can´t stay healthy: never has since he turned 18.

I didn't know he was all those things.  A healthy Kleber can help here.   Not sure if he will ever be the same player.    One thing I know though.  The Front Office better not be counting on him moving forward.    If he surprises and stays healthy.... great, but we really need to find a better Kleber type.
Like Reply
Hearing Maxi’s history I am even more glad for the very good periods of time he has had here. I’m glad he got paid here. I understand some more possibilities about his sad and frustrating injury history. But he is getting paid and he owes us some more great effort and he is good enough to have some success. He wouldn’t be the first guy with injuries to have an end of career surge. Get that shot going, play defense and improve your rebounding Maxi. As people used to say to me, get out there and help us Maxi!
Like Reply