Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 40: New Orleans Pelicans (23-16) vs. Dallas Mavericks (23-16)
[Image: GDvbjghXYAArl_6?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Don't have access to the full report right now where I can copy paste, but I read Lively got downgraded to doubtful, maxi remains questionable, and Zion is missing tonight as well as McCollum and Ingram
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
With this years team, this makes me feel less confident tonight.

https://x.com/jenhale504/status/17461197...60392?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply
(01-13-2024, 04:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Don't have access to the full report right now where I can copy paste, but I read Lively got downgraded to doubtful, maxi remains questionable, and Zion is missing tonight as well as McCollum and Ingram

Maxi was upgraded to probable. Ingram and McCollum are questionable.
Like Reply
Found an update saying all key NO guys are out

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1...wcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fdallas-mavericks
Like Reply
Imagine if the Mavs wouldn't view games like this as an opportunity to play as lazy and sloppy as possible.
Like Reply
Josh was really close to converting both times. Encouraging.
Like Reply
Maxi alert

THJ won the last game. 0-6 start tonight. Refuses to take the shot at the 1st quarter buzzer.
Like Reply
(01-13-2024, 09:00 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Maxi alert

THJ won the last game. 0-6 start tonight.

THJ and Kyrie combined 0-7 from three. Pull up shooting has been a huge part of the offense in the last few games but if they don't fall the offense looks really ugly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(01-13-2024, 09:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: THJ and Kyrie combined 0-7 from three. Pull up shooting has been a huge part of the offense in the last few games but if they don't fall the offense looks really ugly.

Pelicans have some good length on defense. Really contesting those Kyrie shots. Dyson Daniels has been all over him.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BoredAssistant, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Like the game against the Grizzlies. Just guys taking turns playing iso ball. Too many pull up 3s and long 2s because they cannot get to the rim.
Like Reply
On the plus side, I’m enjoying the Powell/Kleber combo on defense.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
At least Maxi is looking good on defense.
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Timmy getting it going. Maxi looks good on defense.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-13-2024, 09:12 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Timmy getting it going. Maxi looks good on defense.

Let’s be honest. They came out slow because you were watching.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-13-2024, 09:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Let’s be honest. They came out slow because you were watching.

Unfortunately the football game is on Peacock and it’s cold as balls outside so I gotta watch love tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
That should’ve been a jump ball, but I’ll take it.

I miss Kleber.
Like Reply
That's a shooting foul. Mavs getting a favorable whistle so far.
Like Reply
I’d probably try Holmes tonight.
Like Reply
The offense has looked pitiful, and they are only like five or six points down. I think they probably figure this out.
Like Reply