Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 38: Memphis Grizzlies (13-23) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-15)
(01-09-2024, 11:01 PM)omahen Wrote: Green gets thrown out of balance by every little push and screen so easily and so completely. Even by guys like Kennard. Small ball units with bench guys killed us. Line-up with GW managed a -20 in just 7 minutes, which is very impressive. And it seems that whenever THJ was on the floor, Mavs were losing badly (-26). Luka didn't play well, but Mavs were just -14 in his 35 minutes. Kyrie played 40 minutes and Mavs were -2 in those, which means they basically lost by 20 in minutes he didn't play.

The Josh Green thing is just perplexing.  You have a great performance, then an average one and then one where I debate who is to blame for his poor performance.   Just really odd.   I don't know if we have to put him in a better spot or if he just needs to burst through that wall himself.   Defense is an issue too though.   A nice play smattered with him giving up points or a good look.  I look at an undrafted guy like Vince Williams and his game feels much more advanced then year 4 of Green.  Just a wild roller coaster ride for him so far this year.  

Mavs have made Hardaway work.   He is important to this team.  I just can't get past though that this team will be in a better position when we move on from him and replace him with someone bigger.   He plays really hard, takes charges and scores.  I just feel like you would be in a better spot if you could get a comparable player who might not score as much but be more impactful.  Maybe I am wrong though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 38: Memphis Grizzlies (13-23) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-15) - by Chicagojk - 01-09-2024, 11:15 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-10-2024, 09:33 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-10-2024, 10:58 AM