Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 38: Memphis Grizzlies (13-23) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-15)
[Image: GDa1NdJXcAAdJie?format=jpg&name=small]

[Image: Screenshot-2024-01-09-at-20-46-21-Injury...AM-pdf.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2024-01-09-at-20-47-57-Injury...AM-pdf.png]

Taking care of business game. In past seasons they used to scare me. This season they are winning the games that they are supposed to win. 16-3 against sub 0.500 teams. No reason to change that today.

Already the last game of the season series. Mavs lead 2-1. Not a single game with both Luka and Kyrie. Won the two games with Luka. Lost without him.
Like Reply
Mavs will imho need to show their A game. Memphis always plays hard and might be additionally motivated for Ja.
Like Reply
The Dick Motta wounded tiger theory will have to be overcome tonight with Ja out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Don Nelson would say that, if they don’t play well, they couldn’t even beat the Pismo Beach Panthers, much less Memphis!
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Yea that was a favorite Nelly saying when questioned about his preferred playoff opponent.
Like Reply
When Kyrie is on, you see why so many teams tried to live with his BS.

Powell already stat-padding.
Like Reply
Refs stopped calling the continuation when Luka initiates the contact on his floater.
Like Reply
Every time I watch a game live we suck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Nine minutes into the first quarter and my main takeaway is that the Mavs should offer THJ + pick or Hardy for Marcus Smart.
Like Reply
One assist in 12 minutes. Only four 3PA. Grizzlies letting the Mavs play iso ball. Staying home on shooters.
Like Reply
Memphis taking it to them.
Like Reply
Ouch. Rough game.

Again Grant Williams at center with no height is a no no
Like Reply
No Ja, No JJJ.
Like Reply
(01-09-2024, 09:00 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Every time I watch a game live we suck.

Stop doing that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Let’s see if they can get down to 10 by half. Memphis playing inspired. Need to knock them off their grove a little.

Mavs don’t have many center option but I think I have seen enough of Williams and Morris tonight
Like Reply
Powell in foul trouble. Holmes and Morris look like they should have retired two years ago. GWill was the starting PF when the season started and has been on a steady decline ever since. At this point I wouldn't be suprised if he falls out of the rotation. And to make things worse OMax is with the Legends.
Like Reply
Well Mavs have their work cut out for them.

Grizzle’s got every hustle play almost and the Mavs defense was awful. Mavs offense is switching from Luka and Kyrie going one on one with no one else doing anything.

Doesn’t look good tonight. Let’s see if they come out with a different mindset in the second half
Like Reply
What a brutal half against one of the league’s worst. Mavs need to find some professionalism. They’re not exactly a young team.
Like Reply
To state the obvious, the Mavericks need to come back and win this game. It will be very disappointing if they do not.
Like Reply
It's just bad basketball but this is how they were built and this is how they have to play since Kidd doesn't run a real system. It's a top-heavy team with basically Luka/Kyrie going 1 on 1 with THJ getting the leftovers with his streaky shooting. Some nights, both are on fire and it works (like vs. Minnesota). But other nights, it can look very ugly. Maybe that changes with Exum starting with them but until then, it's always going to be 2 on 5 basketball
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply