Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: OG Anunoby, Achiuwa, Flynn to NYK| Barrett, Quickley, and 2024 2nd to TOR
There goes OG. Going to the Knicks. The Raptors get RJ Barrett, Quickly and draft consideration. Fascinating trade.

edit: Shams says the pick is a Detroit second round pick 2024. So first pick in the second round.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(12-30-2023, 12:24 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: There goes OG.  Going to the Knicks.  The Raptors get RJ Barrett, Quickly and draft consideration.  Fascinating trade.

edit: Shams says the pick is a Detroit second round pick 2024.  So first pick in the second round.

Shit!
Like Reply
That’s it?

RJ has a negative contract and Quickley has one year left.
Like Reply
Wow..Knicks also receiving Precious. really interesting trade.
Like Reply
Knicks also got Precious
Like Reply
Mavs should hire OG's dad Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1741146251532603871

The Toronto Raptors are finalizing a trade to send OG Anunoby to the New York Knicks for a package including  RJ Barrett, Immanuel Quickley and draft considerations, sources tell ESPN.

Precious Achiuwa is also part of the deal to the Knicks, sources tell ESPN.

The Toronto Raptors are acquiring a New York 2024 second-round pick via the Detroit Pistons, sources tell ESPN.

New York has been pursuing Anunoby for significant period of time and now gets a head start on recruiting him to stay as a free agent in the summer. Anunoby's two-way talent has made him a target throughout the league -- and now he lands in the Knicks' lineup.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Barrett is a Canadian. Barrett doesn't shoot well enough for me and he is probably best when he has the ball in his hands a lot. He probably isn't good enough to have the ball so much on a good team. He can be a tough watch.

He is only 23 though and does a lot of other things well. If he could just shoot better he could be a real nice #3 on a contender. I like Quickly but he is going to want a huge pay increase this offseason. Is he unrestricted?

OG fits like a glove for Coach Thibs. That team is morphing into his liking. They probably need to continue to add talent to that team. They still have a lot of first round picks to offer (all with protections outside of their own though). They appear to be in good position to go after that player once he becomes available. Other teams have better assets but they are pretty high in the pecking order with assets still.
Like Reply
So just a second round pick after all that “3 firsts for OG” talk last season…Masai blew it, no matter how you slice it.

I think RJ and IQ fit well in Toronto but part of me likes that fit with Barnes and Siakim and I would think the Siakim shoe falls pretty soon now.

I agree Chicago that RJ needs the ball in his hands to be productive but disagree that he’s not good enough, at least on the raptors roster that is just totally absent of playmaking. Fascinating that Masai went after bball assets instead of draft capital. Also means the Knicks have draft capital to make another move if they’d like…
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-30-2023, 12:45 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: OG fits like a glove for Coach Thibs

Already injury prone before Thibs tho Big Grin

Few years under Thibs could get interesting for his body.

[Image: IQ.png]

IQ is underrated tho. They are going to miss him badly. Would be funny if that trade backfires. And OG demanding the max. If the defensive improvement is only marginal, losing the playmaking asepct of IQ going to hurt them.

Not yet convinced that Brunson playmaking + OG medicore offensive package is such a dream match on offense.
[-] The following 2 users Like sefant's post:
  • BigDirk41, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Also should reset the mindset (in my opinion) about the willingness to trade the 27 first. Doesn’t feel like you need 3 firsts to make a splashy move this offseason if this is where the market is currently set. Should be able to make a move this trade deadline if it makes sense and still be very competitive this offseason with just two firsts.

(12-30-2023, 12:52 PM)sefant Wrote: Already injury prone before Thibs tho Big Grin

Few years under Thibs could get interesting for his body.

[Image: IQ.png]

IQ is underrated tho. They are going to miss him badly. Would be funny if that trade backfires. And OG demanding the max. If the defensive improvement is only marginal, losing the playmaking asepct of IQ going to hurt them.

Not yet convinced that Brunson playmaking + OG medicore offensive package is such a dream match on offense.

0 playmakers on the New York roster outside of JB now unless you count Randle. Going to be a mess in the playoffs. They’ll have the same issues as Toronto on offense.
Like Reply
What I'm more surprised about is that the Raptors accepted an OG deal without multiple 1sts.

Sure Barrett+Quickley are the real meat and potatoes, but how many 1sts are those 2 worth?

Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
Raptors are also sending Malachi Flynn and Precious Achiuwa to the Knicks in the OG Anunoby-RJ Barrett-Immanuel Quickley trade, sources said.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-30-2023, 12:57 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: What I'm more surprised about is that the Raptors accepted an OG deal without multiple 1sts.

Sure Barrett+Quickley are the real meat and potatoes, but how many 1sts are those 2 worth?

Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
Raptors are also sending Malachi Flynn and Precious Achiuwa to the Knicks in the OG Anunoby-RJ Barrett-Immanuel Quickley trade, sources said.

Without any firsts.

Gotta think the Knicks make another move for someone who can create their own bucket since they’re still sitting on so many picks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(12-30-2023, 01:01 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Without any firsts.

Gotta think the Knicks make another move for someone who can create their own bucket since they’re still sitting on so many picks.

Its insane to me given how much posturing the Raptors did throughout the last 2 years stating they need multiple 1sts for him. 

Sure Quickley is good, same with Barrett, but to not get any 1sts??

Knicks to me are still a bunch of good 2nd-3rd options and they need a real star. I wouldn't be surprised they go after Kawhi this summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Damn, since OG is clearly more valuable in terms of age and skillset than Siakam, Masa should have no problem with a THJ/Holmes/Green package for the latter. And a couple of seconds, of course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Toronto got a PG they don't have (other than Schroeder) and wing replacing OG. AS others have said, interesting enough they chose the young players way instead of picks. They don't want a rebuild, they want talent that can make them competitive around Barnes.

Its possible they also deal Siakam, but since they prefer players to picks, Mavs are not in a great position to get him, if interested at all.

Knicks are long rumored to be a prime destination for Mitchel

Also shows that the importance of long term recruiting. Knicks decide what they want and they work hard to get it. First Brunson, now OG. Lets see if they succeed with Mitchel
Like Reply
The trade is of course a huge win for NY, imho. Quickley was not in their long term plans. OG is better than Barret. They keep all their draft assets for that one star trade that can make them a very serious team.

Toronto, just hoping a couple of different players can make them a very different team. It is likely that Barret and Quickley will cost them more combined than OG and their team was expensive as it was.

My guess on Toronto wishes for potential Siakam trade - one good young player with upside and mostly expiring salary. Indy with Hield and Walker a prime example of a package they would look for. Philly could offer expiring salary, but don't have interesting young players (Maxey is of course off the table).
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Is OG CAA?
Like Reply
(12-30-2023, 01:41 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Is OG CAA?

I think he is Klutch

Raptors OG Anunoby signs with Klutch Sports - Sports Illustrated Toronto Raptors News, Analysis and More

Edit: wrong. He switched to CAA last season
Like Reply
Yes he is CAA, as is Donovan Mitchell. Which explains the low, low price. No team wanted to pay for him as a rental.

Masai waited too long. Again.
[-] The following 3 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost, WillE
Like Reply