Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 24: Minnesota Timberwolves (18-5) vs. Dallas Mavericks (15-9)| 119-101 loss
Here's our first crack at the current top team in the West.

Will Dante's Inferno stay hot in this game?
[-] The following 2 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • BoredAssistant, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
I can't imagine a win if Edwards and McDaniels are both playing. I'm not sure we have enough in the tank to stop all their starters with some of our critical people out.
Like Reply
(12-14-2023, 05:52 PM)Winter Wrote: I can't imagine a win if Edwards and McDaniels are both playing. I'm not sure we have enough in the tank to stop all their starters with some of our critical people out.

But won't it be awesome if they prove you wrong?
Like Reply
Garbage ass noncall so give a T to Luka.

We definitely should go for it all this year.
Like Reply
Mavs putting up a fight but it is hard to overcome ice cold shooting from DJJ, Williams and THJ. Combined 5/23 FG. 2/13 from 3.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Jym
Like Reply
Edwards having a off night so far, but Reid is locked in.
Like Reply
Kind of game where a stretch five would really help. Gobert is shadowing Luka on every single play.
Like Reply
T-Wolves getting stronger in this 3rd quarter...and Reid hasn't even come in yet  Undecided
Like Reply
THJ is killing the Mavs. Not his night. Sit him down before it’s too late.
Like Reply
Luka not getting much help tonight. T-Wolves starting to separate themselves.
Like Reply
These are the type of games that make you wish THJ were traded a long time ago. Just makes the offense look ugly anytime he's in. Always forces his stuff anytime he gets the chance. Even if his stuff goes in you still don't feel good about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jakeospikez's post:
  • SwisherPrice
Like Reply
Shooting definitely looks like a team playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. Plus playing the number 1 team in the west.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rocky164's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Shooting comes and goes -- but a bigger body who can rebound and protect the rim (or at least provide a bit of resistance) is still a huge need.
Mavs won't make it far without one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Minny just bid their time and now beating down Dallas. Not too much they can do being shorthanded and no one is hitting any threes. Mavs don’t have the answers if that happens.

Minny is good. Darn good. While Dallas is not at their level of I was a Minny fan, I would not want to see Dallas in the first round.
Like Reply
Ok this is ridiculous. I have been hoping for Naz Reid for two years prior to this year. But come on Naz. Don’t rub it in.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Mavs have not made a 3 in the second half. It is not Luka not settling for threes either. Just none of his teammates could hit. One of the games we miss Kyrie. Having two of Ky, Luka and Exum on the floor would allow more creation. Some good looks though.

Minny d has been good though. Luka is just amazing. Would be much worse if Luka wasn’t Luka hitting tough shots.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Just ice cold for Dallas on threes. Lots of good looks.

And Dallas needed another big tonight to match up with their size.
Like Reply
Hardaway is such a sieve. Hate watching him play
[-] The following 1 user Likes GATA's post:
  • SwisherPrice
Like Reply
Blown out. Just no one could step up to support Luka (and Lively to some extent.) Too much responsibility on THJ. Off shooting night. Mavs need to get healthy and add one good long wing to compete with these guys.

Gobert trade doesn’t look so bad now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
The cold Grant Williams shooting games are frustrating. But they happen.

The mental breakdowns on defense can’t. Mavs ask him to guard a lot of big bodies and it is a lot to ask. He has too many breakdowns on defense for my liking. Hope it gets cleaned up.
Like Reply