Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 23: LA Lakers (14-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (15-8) | 125-127 WIN!!!
Lets go Mavs!

Beat the Lakers!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like MFFL's post:
  • BoredAssistant, ItsGoTime, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 09:41 AM)MFFL Wrote: Lets go Mavs!

Beat the Lakers!!!

I'm not as optimistic about this one as I was last night, considering there will now be 5 (!) rotation players out if DJJ can't go, and Luka played like a billion minutes last night. 

But, I'm also starting to trust some things about this team. Can't wait to watch!
Like Reply
This feels like a schedule loss so I won't be too bothered if we come up short here. We're shorthanded, on a back to back, right after playing a football game against Memphis where Luka had to play 40+ minutes, against the most ref favored team in the NBA. Pulling this one out would be very impressive
[-] The following 3 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • fifteenth, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Most likely the short handed Mavs who played last night run out of gas tonight as the Lakers over power them.

On the otherhand, there is a chance the Lakers coming off a huge high winning the tourney in Vegas than having a few days off come out sluggish expecting to win.

We will see.
Like Reply
Apparently Lebron and AD are questionable. If that's the case then maybe the Mavs have a shot...

[Image: 65rqgm9itr5c1.jpeg?width=569&auto=webp&s...bbae1c03a3]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Lakers question for all you smart pals. I'm a part timer these days, so my opinions shouldn't be trusted too much, but to me, this year's Lakers, with how old man Lebron plays and how the Lakers scheme around him, well....

The 2023/2024 Mavs and Lakers are the same team.

Am I off here?

Don't hate. I hate the Lakers as much as all y'all.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 12:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Apparently Lebron and AD are questionable. If that's the case then maybe the Mavs have a shot...

[Image: 65rqgm9itr5c1.jpeg?width=569&auto=webp&s...bbae1c03a3]

Luka also questionable. With Hardaway and Jones jr.   Green, Kyrie and Maxi are out.
Like Reply
Is Grant Williams back tonight?
All for Luka taking tonight off. Heavy dose of Hardy and Omax.
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 02:01 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Lakers question for all you smart pals. I'm a part timer these days, so my opinions shouldn't be trusted too much, but to me, this year's Lakers, with how old man Lebron plays and how the Lakers scheme around him, well....

The 2023/2024 Mavs and Lakers are the same team.

Am I off here?

Don't hate. I hate the Lakers as much as all y'all.

With that logic, isn't a team like the Nuggets the same team as the Mavs and Lakers?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
The Mavs are improving on defense, I think. They’re still not great, but they’re getting better.
Like Reply
Gave up the house for KP and Irving when the real second option was playing for Barcelona and Belgrad.
Like Reply
Put Maximus on bron and get him ready for the playoffs.
Like Reply
They are defending really hard, so far.
Like Reply
I can’t get over what an asset Hardaway has been this year. I was so wrong (and so was he) about him not being able to come off of the bench. He actually might be the 6moty.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant, The Jom
Like Reply
O-Max getting skipped in the rotation tonight against a scarier opponent. Morris gets the burn instead,

I am disappointed, but it’s probably the right choice

Well actually, Morris is at 5 right now so never mind.
Like Reply
3rd foul on AD wouldn't hurt. Mavs can control the paint when he isn't on the floor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I don’t like Williams in the paint. Not yet, anyway. He just needs to stay in the corner and shoot or move the ball.

LIVELY with the streak buster!
Like Reply
This is a physical game, just like the playoffs will be, and the Mavs are short-handed and on the second night of a back-to-back. I have to say, I really like the intensity they’ve brought, so far.

Win or lose, if they keep that up, this will be a successful night, imo.
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 08:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t like Williams in the paint. Not yet, anyway. He just needs to stay in the corner and shoot or move the ball.

For me it's more about defense. A tweener but so far not in a good way. Not playing as big as I expected based on some of the stuff we discussed in the offseason. Not quick enough on the perimeter.
Still a lot of time for him to grow into that role. As long as he is shooting 40% from 3 he contributes to winning basketball.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Physical game. Players falling like bowling pins.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft
Like Reply