Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dante (16pts, 4rbd, 6ast, 2stl, 1blk, +2)
23.08%
6 23.08%
DLive (16pts, 16rbd, 2ast, 1blk +5)
30.77%
8 30.77%
Luka (35pts, 8rbd, 6ast, 2stl, 2blk, all trash talked, +3)
3.85%
1 3.85%
Hardy Party (19pts, 4ast, 1stl, +6)
19.23%
5 19.23%
Seth (6pts, 3rbd, 2ast, 1stl, +8)
0%
0 0%
Lawson (4pts, 1rbd, 1ast, +1)
0%
0 0%
OMax (11pts, 4rbd, 2ast, 1blk, 3-6 from 3)
19.23%
5 19.23%
Morris (6pts, 3rbd, 2ast, 2stl, 1blk, JJJ fears him, +5)
3.85%
1 3.85%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game 22 DIRKIE: DLIVE!
[Image: GBHVJ6BXkAAPO-s?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Dlive the obvious choice. Best game of his young career. 16 and 16 with only 1 missed shot. 5 offensive rebounds and second chance points. I love the sweet passing skills the most. The Mavs have never had a player quite like him. He’s a legit 3rd best player on a contender once he gets just a little more experience. Exum is excellent too. No doubt he should start and be a core player from here on out. He’s clearly the 4th best player on the team. Dlive, Exum, and DJj in the offseason is GM of the year type stuff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Hardy disqualified himself in the last two minutes. Grizzlies plan to let him bring up the ball and make bad decisions to get back in the game nearly worked. Luka disqualified himself because he let a scrub get into his head and started to play hero ball. Lively was great but gave up too many open 3s. OMax and Morris get honorable mentions but they didn't play enough minutes.
That leaves Exum. Kinda crazy to think that the backcourt looks better without Kyrie and THJ but thanks to him that has been the case.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Was between Hardy and OMax for me. They stepped up pretty huge when it was sorely needed. I went with the second highest scorer in the game who also had 4(!) assists.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
This is a tough one. That was Lively's second best game as a Mav after that OKC masterpiece. Hardaway was missing the awa in his name tonight and poured in some 3s off the bench with 19. I really liked some of the little glue plays Markieff Morris made in this game and some of his defense along with popping in a couple of 3s.

But I think I have to go with O Max. Relative to expectations seeing him can 3 shots from long range including a big momentum shifting one to end the team's drought in the 4th is very promising
[-] The following 2 users Like MrGoat's post:
Like Reply
This was a good team effort. Why didn't Holmes play? Shout out to Lively, Exum, Omax Prosper, and--I'll give my Dirkie to--Jaden Hardy...because he did better than I expected.

Good Win!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
So many deserving candidates. So many players who stepped up while we are shorthanded. I gave my vote to Lively because 16 rebounds is HUGE
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
@MavsPR
Dereck Lively (16 pts and a career-high 17 rebs) recorded his fourth double-double of the season and is the third rookie in Mavs history to record multiple 15-15 games.

The Mavs are 8-1 this season when he scores in double figures, including 3-1 when he collects a double-double.

Some discrepancies between the NBA boxscore and the Mavs counting stats. In any case a very interesting tidbit about Lively!
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
Like Reply
Voted Lively for the Dirkie. Two-horse race between him and Luka, imho.

Don’t think O-Max was Dirkie worthy, at least for me, but good gravy do I think proclamations of his rawness were overstated. He had a dumb charging foul and did a few other dumb rookie things, but he can handle, is a difference maker on defense already, grabbed some tough rebounds, made some clutch shots and was generally fearless out there,
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, The Jom
Like Reply
I went with Omax because I am so happy for this team long term to see him do well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Lots of good candidates tonight. My vote, having just finished the recording, is the unlisted Markieff Morris. In a game we needed physicality, dude delivered. Outplayed my expectations by a mile. Exum was absolutely awesome. But not for the first time. Lively and Omax maybe their best outings so far. But only maybe. Markieff blew away his next best performance that I’ve seen. Go team!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 8 users Like The Jom's post:
  • ballsrchr, DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth, KillerLeft, MrGoat, omahen, Reunion Mav, WillE
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsiol.net%2Fsportal%2Fkosarka%2Fliga-nba-11-december-3-622088
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Crazy how important Lively is to the team, at 19 years old.
[-] The following 4 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • dmavs4life03, fifteenth, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
Gave it to Lively but Exum gave me vibes like he needed more time every time I saw him on the floor and he's really showing himself with the increase in time. Active with or without the ball, good defensively and on the glass... if we could copy his motor over into the starting lineup
[-] The following 1 user Likes dmavs4life03's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 02:23 AM)The Jom Wrote: Lots of good candidates tonight. My vote, having just finished the recording, is the unlisted Markieff Morris. In a game we needed physicality, dude delivered. Outplayed my expectations by a mile. Exum was absolutely awesome. But not for the first time. Lively and Omax maybe their best outings so far. But only maybe. Markieff blew away his next best performance that I’ve seen. Go team!

Man, Morris was a physical presence out there. Really enjoyed his game, for sure!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
My vote goes to Hardy. He was in and out of rotation, but he delivered when the Mavs needed him the most. Also he really made some strides as a playmaker, some nice assists today. The play where the games was, as Mavsluvr put it, drunk, where he first bumped the ball out of Bane's hands and then made a triple was the most important possesion(s) in the game Imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes juanc's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 11:54 AM)juanc Wrote: My vote goes to Hardy. He was in and out of rotation, but he delivered when the Mavs needed him the most. Also he really made some strides as a playmaker, some nice assists today. The play where the games was, as Mavsluvr put it, drunk, where he first bumped the ball out of Bane's hands and then made a triple was the most important possesion(s) in the game Imo.

He was great. Even defended a bit. When he drove to the basket in the 4th, they just mugged him. Repeatedly. F’n nba refs. Only Luka could get a FT, and only once in awhile for him.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
After thinking about it, I have decided on Dante.

There are no really wrong answers though as several guys impacted the win.

Lively was great. Just a huge factor. But JJJ had a huge game as well. I read where they wanted to give JJJ the three but he was 6 for 10 and got several really good looks. The most impactful defender on him was surprisingly Morris. So a slight downgrade to Lively on an otherwise huge game.

Luka was the centerpiece all night and took a short handed team to the win. Getting to the foul line in the first half was huge. Allowed him to get points early. The only negative for me is the duel with Vince Williams. Luka took it personal and wanted to destroy Williams. It sort of got him and the team out of their rhythm. It is one of the areas I would like to see some growth out of Luka. It is tough not to try to bury someone like that, but I think at times this gets him out of his regular game.

Hardy was also very good. I mentioned in the game thread that he is much more of a 12 shot a game player and not a 3. That role is just not available for him now. It was great to see him take advantage of the opportunity though. Lets see if he can build on it.

Morris deserves some praise. Last game I mentioned he was not an NBA rotation player any longer. While that may still be true, he was last night. I think Memphis didn't have the players to really take advantage of him. Last night he was solid though. I am surprised Holmes has disappeared again.

So I go with Dante. I thought his defense was good again last night and he just finds ways to impact the game. He also plays well with both Kyrie and Luka and for a non elite shooting guard that is a little challenging. I love how he doesn't settle for threes though. When he gets or has the ball, things are pretty hectic and he is taking advantage of it by going right to the rim. Mavs need a guy like this who just doesn't look for open threes. Opens a lot up imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 02:23 AM)The Jom Wrote: Lots of good candidates tonight. My vote, having just finished the recording, is the unlisted Markieff Morris. In a game we needed physicality, dude delivered. Outplayed my expectations by a mile. Exum was absolutely awesome. But not for the first time. Lively and Omax maybe their best outings so far. But only maybe. Markieff blew away his next best performance that I’ve seen. Go team!

I swear on everything I thought I listed him............

I even counted the options and figured Morris was there. I also wrote "JJJ sees him in his nightmares" in the Morris options....

I think I might be going crazy. In any case I've added him on the poll. My bad 100%
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply