Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 13: Milwaukee Bucks (9-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-4) | 125-132 loss
[Image: F_EUKexW0AEZAhX?format=jpg&name=large]

Kyrie Irving (left foot) is expected to return to the Mavericks' lineup tomorrow in Milwaukee after missing the second half of a back-to-back Wednesday in Washington, Dallas coach Jason Kidd said after practice today.
Irving and Tim Hardaway Jr. both practiced with no issues.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Milwaukee Bucks Injury Report vs. Dallas Mavericks:

Giannis Antetokounmpo - probable (right knee injury management)
MarJon Beauchamp - out (right ankle sprain)
Jae Crowder - out (left adductor surgery)
Khris Middleton - out (right knee injury management)
Chris Livingston - out (left ankle sprain)
Marques Bolden - available (G League - two-way)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Aaaaaand unfortunately I won't be able to watch this one live. Hope the Mavs bring the energy.
Like Reply
I know this game tonight is in Milwaukee, but last years Bucks game in Dallas was one of few (5 or 6) that was enjoyable for me. That is until the ending where Dallas couldn't close the game out and lost in another heartbreak fashion.
Like Reply
Kidd will occasionally need to voice his displeasure with the officials.  DJJ was taken out from behind on a dunk attempt by Giannis with no call.  Later, Portis with an obvious double dribble in transition that someone was ignored.  Kidd is a quiet coach and I don't think it's useful to scream at the officials.  Occasionally though, he needs to say something when an obvious call is missed. The Giannis tackle from behind was a dangerous play.
Like Reply
Timmy!!
Like Reply
The Mavs are playing pretty well except they just don't have an answer for Giannis.  Fortunately, we only play the Bucks twice per season.  We're generating open 3-pointers and hitting a lot of them.  We're rebounding well.  Solid first half despite being down by 2.  

The refs are allowing a lot of contact on both sides but Milwaukee is getting away with some obvious reaches.  The Mavs need to  disrupt Giannis' dribble with reaching.
Like Reply
So Exum chases Lillard through three screens just so Josh Green can take it up the ar*e by Cameron Payne. MINUS 20 in a two point lead. Get him the f*** out.
Like Reply
Feels like that timeout should have come sooner.

Up 10 when Lively picked up his 4th foul.  This is why we need more than a minimum wage backup center.  This will happen in the playoffs and Powell and Maxi aren’t the answer.

Pace and intensity feels different tonight than many of the games we’ve played against mediocre competition.
Like Reply
Green struggling again. Few good hustle plays but he seems to be struggling on defense. I feel whenever someone goes at him that they will score.
Like Reply
Mavs exposing Cam Payne on defense
Like Reply
Green and Powell need to go. They are big liabilities on both ends of the floor...completely useless
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Just got cold at the wrong time. Disappointing.

Defense just not good enough. Because of that we couldn’t get more breathing room.

Luka not good late. Better paying they Kyrie tonight late. The Josh green regression is really frustrating. If he doesn’t get things straighten out soon, he may lose a lot of his minutes.
Like Reply
Bucks just better on both ends. 2 days off vs. B2B and the Mavs will still lose. Defense just will never be good enough to be contenders but that's all you can do when you have a Big Three of Luka, Kyrie, and THJ. This lineup + Powell is not going to get enough stops vs. a good team in crunchtime
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Gave up 43 in the fourth. That game was there for the taking. Credit to the bucks who were on a back to back and finished strong.

First tough loss for the mavs. Other losses was blowouts.

Mavs need to get some players going. Especially guys who are suppose to be good defenders.
Like Reply
This was a good, mostly well played game. Tough not to lose sight of that, but we should try. MIL is just a little better.

This was the best defensive game plan I’ve ever seen the Mavs execute against Giannis. I thought the combo of Lively and Williams was VERY effective at times redirecting him out of the paint.

Kyrie was wonderful, as was THJ.

Green was bad. Powell wasn’t great, either.

Need to win tomorrow night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(11-18-2023, 10:12 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Bucks just better on both ends. 2 days off vs. B2B and the Mavs will still lose. Defense just will never be good enough to be contenders but that's all you can do when you have a Big Three of Luka, Kyrie, and THJ. This lineup + Powell is not going to get enough stops vs. a good team in crunchtime

Luka, Kyrie and THJ? It was Green again. I have no idea why Kidd put him on the floor again in the 4th. Went from a nine point lead to a one possession game in his short run.

Green was -27 and yet somehow played more minutes than DJJ +/- 0 and Exum +5.
Like Reply
The Mavs were rolling to victory but lost focus for a few minutes and let an old and exhausted team beat them in a scheduled win. I’m super surprised. Credit to the Bucks. NBA teams usually lose to quality opponents in that situation. Good learning experience for the Mavs. Some of the role players were awful tonight, which sometimes happens on the road.

And the Mavs desperately need a quality wing. Green isn’t even worth the discount contract he signed and Jones Jr is a nice back of the rotation player. He’s important but not good enough to round out the roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Green's contract may not even be a discount if he doesn't play better. Instead of taking the next step everyone expected, he's regressed.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • Mavs2021, MFFL
Like Reply
Damian Lillard continues to have one of the softest whistles in the league. They still call that bullshit foul for 3 FTs? 
Slightest touch on Giannis is a foul. I miss FIBA refs.

Cam Freaking Payne destroyed Josh Green today..Its sad that Dante Exum is now the best Aussie in the team, and that is not a slight at Exum.

Powell plays much much smaller than his size, he might as well have been a guard out there. But nothing we dont know already. Powell needs to be a 3rd string center.

Such a frustrating loss, it was there for the taking. Wiliams missed a bunch of clutch 3's, but the way he has been shooting for the season I give him a pass. Jones too.
Like Reply