Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 11: New Orleans Pelicans (5-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (8-3) | 110-131 loss
[Image: F-q7sILXMAA0jEt?format=jpg&name=medium]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Are we worried that New Orleans might’ve taken the ass whipping personally? I am, a little.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(11-14-2023, 09:35 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Are we worried that New Orleans might’ve taken the ass whipping personally? I am, a little.

It’s very difficult when you play the same team consecutive games to win both especially during the regular season.  I think the majority of times teams split.  But I think Dallas simply has too much fire power for the Pelicans and although it might be difficult, I expect a Mavs win.
Like Reply
NO was shooting 45 % from three in the last game and still convincingly lost. I am not sure if any of the injured guys will return for them, but a lot of things would have to go wrong for Mavs to lose this one. Biggest danger is Mavs take it easy.
Like Reply
Ya, their roster is totally depleted. I expect them to have a really good first half showing and then buckle in the second half. Overconfidence is a concern though.
Like Reply
Mark Followill (@MFollowill)
The Pelicans say Larry Nance Jr has a fractured right rib, that puts him out of Tuesday's game vs the Mavs & several more clearly (will be re-evaluated in 10-14 days). CJ McCollum, Jose Alvarado & Trey Murphy also out. Herb Jones (out last 3) is questionable (right fibula bruise)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-14-2023, 09:35 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Are we worried that New Orleans might’ve taken the ass whipping personally? I am, a little.

Not really. But there is always the danger of the winning team getting complacent and taking the W for granted, especially when the opponent is weakened.

Also think we caught them completely off-guard by attacking the paint so much, when they were expecting a 3pt assault to start the game.

I´m really curious to see how Zion responds. He looked awful. So many sloppy careless turnovers. Yikes.
Like Reply
Hopefully the Mavs partied Sunday night and recovered yesterday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Willie Green is sick and won't be coaching for the Pels tonight.
Like Reply
New Orleans Pelicans Injury Report vs. Dallas Mavericks:

Herb Jones - available (right fibula contusion)
Jose Alverado - out (right ankle sprain)
C.J. McCollum - out (right lung small pneumothorax)
Trey Murphy III - out (left knee partial meniscectomy)
Larry Nance Jr. - out (right rib fracture)
E.J. Lidell - out (G League assignment)

Dallas Mavericks Injury Report vs. New Orleans Pelicans:

Maxi Kleber - out (right small toe dislocation)
A.J. Lawson - out (G League - two-way)
Dexter Dennis - out (G League - two-way)
Greg Brown III - out (G League - two-way)
Like Reply
Lets take a look at Herb Jones defense tonight.
Like Reply
(11-14-2023, 06:44 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Lets take a look at Herb Jones defense tonight.

Good idea. Let’s.
Like Reply
Kyrie´s shots appear a bit short. Maybe a night for some extra minutes for Hardy or Curry.
Like Reply
This feels like a loss. Luka also not there. Time for the bench to win the game.
Like Reply
Jeez. Luka playing the worst quarter of his career. He needs to sit for a long time and clear his head.
Like Reply
Terrorism.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Luka wtf? Give him a breather and hope he gets into the game.
Like Reply
Luka is playing BADLY, so far. If not for THJ, this would be ugly.
Like Reply
This is a game for Josh Green to ball. If he wants any chance to earn more than 14M/year on his next contract, he needs to recognize that tonight he has to step up offensively. Only thing that looked more tired than Kyrie´s legs was Luka´s brain.

I also have a feeling that IST-home court for the Mavs won´t be ready for the next game either, if this is the impact the court has on Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Kyrie and Powell are developing good chemistry.
Like Reply