Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DJJ (7pts, 1rbd, 2ast, +8)
0%
0 0%
DLive (10pts, 2rbd, 1stl, 2blk, +13)
0%
0 0%
Kyrie (35pts, 6rbd, 7ast, 29mins played, 7-10 from 3, +9)
88.89%
24 88.89%
Luka (30pts, 4rbd, 9ast, 1stl, 27mins played +14)
0%
0 0%
THJ (15pts, 9rbdm 2ast, +14)
0%
0 0%
Powell (7pts, 10rbd, 2ast, 1stl, +7)
11.11%
3 11.11%
Green (13pts, 2rbd, 3ast, 2stl, +11)
0%
0 0%
Exum (6pts, 1rbd, 1ast, 1stl, 1blk, +6)
0%
0 0%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 10 DIRKIE: Kyrie!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: F-x7t5VXcAARAnp?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
I wanted to give Luka and Kyrie the Dirkie tonight. I really wanted to. I mean JEEEEEEEEEZ. 65 pts in under 30 mins played from both of them on 63% shooting. Sizzling and chilling. The Mavs are SO scary when they're both on like that. Literally unguardable.

But despite their incredible performance that certainly led to the win, I have to give the Dirkie to Powell. Dude was all over the court tonight and was a rebounding menace. He was hustling over and over, and was just a presence the whole time he was on the court. He also was great on defense tonight. He had several moments on Zion that made me raise my eyebrows.

Josh Green is at a close 3rd for the Dirkie. He got out of his funk tonight and had several great moments.

Side note, Dyson Daniels had some amazing defensive moments on both Luka and Kyrie tonight. Someone to keep an eye on in the future.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Like the Powell vote. He was terrific. But my vote went to the flat earther, who really rounds out this offense when he’s on. (Honorable mention to Kyrie’s dad.)
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Brad Townsend
@townbrad
Doncic on Irving: "He said he was tired before the game. That was, how you say, B.S."
Like Reply
I'm not going to fool around here. I've always said you need at least 4 players in double figures to win a game. The Mavs had 5 in double figures. Contrast that with NO who had...7. Hmmm...go figure. This, in part, indicates to me the game was closer than it appeared. The Mavs took more shots, made more 3's, scored more on free throws, had much fewer turnovers--for most of the game. And, of course, they won. I'm sure everyone has heard that old saying, "....live by the three, die by the three."

I want, absolutely want, to give my Dirkie to Dwight Powell. Without his timely play, 10 rebounds, great efficiency, and a little bit of scoring--I don't think the Mavs would have won.

But...we wouldn't have won without Luka--either.

Or Kyrie. I'm giving my Dirkie to Kyrie...even though I really want to give it to DP.

Both, or all three, will have future opportunities.
Like Reply
I’m a fan of the listing of everyone that SH is doing this season.  Also thought SH brought great energy to the game thread tonight.  Dirkie would have gone to SH, but he wasn’t listed.  So, I’ll settle for Kyrie.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
We've been waiting for a performance like that from Kyrie all year. He gets my vote
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(11-12-2023, 10:44 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I’m a fan of the listing of everyone that SH is doing this season.  Also thought SH brought great energy to the game thread tonight.  Dirkie would have gone to SH, but he wasn’t listed.  So, I’ll settle for Kyrie.

[Image: bosco-george.gif]
Like Reply
Kyrie all the way. Was impressed by how sharp the team was, especially offensively but also connected defensively when it mattered.

Kudos to our advance scouting and coaching staffs. Can’t even recall the last time we ran so many successful ATO plays.
Like Reply
Give me Kyrie. You really can't play much better than that.

Powell, Green and Exum deserve credit though.
Like Reply
I was so upset about bringing Kyrie here. I couldn't imagine that trading a team chemistry linchpin for a childish team chemistry killer would be a good idea. I fully own my extreme bias since one of my all-time favorite Mavs had to go play for someone else. Having said all that...

I'm on team Kyrie this season. He has made his case with his play, his chemistry with Luka, his chemistry with the rest of the team, and the things he says about this team. He's like a different person from what heard out of him from his previous stops!

So, kudos to Kyrie for coming to a team, contributing (by all appearances) to a healthy culture, and working hard to figure out how to make things work with Luka.

And he gets my Dirkie for this game!
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(11-13-2023, 03:43 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Kyrie all the way. Was impressed by how sharp the team was, especially offensively but also connected defensively when it mattered.

Kudos to our advance scouting and coaching staffs. Can’t even recall the last time we ran so many successful ATO plays.

Kyrie's two jobs are 1) veteran lockerroom leadership, and 2) taking the pressure off of Luka. Injury misses aside, he's doing a great job at both.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply