Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 10: New Orleans Pelicans (4-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (8-2) | 124-136 WINNNN!!
(11-13-2023, 12:56 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Hell no.

Rick would take Josh Green out of the game after his first mistake...accumulate 30 seconds of game reps and have like a total of 12 total minutes before All Star Break.

Thats stifling growth not adding to it.

I get what you are saying...I get Rick's philosophy TO A POINT....but ultimately that aint it, imo.   At least see if the kid corrects the mistake next time down the court instead of yanking him.   I just completely disagree with that philosophy unless there is life and danger on the line...and basketball doesnt categorize that way for me.  To be honest...I need more information before I make a hardline opinion of the subject.   I need to know how they treat these players in practice when they make a mistake?   I assume they just let them continue running and instruct them that they are getting yanked if it happens in a real game?   When Mavs seem to be experimenting and not too concerned about losses for first half of the season...I dont see why you would yank kids instead of letting the learn on the job.   There is an entertainment factor that plays into this as well...fans want to see the rooks and how they play.   Rick would leave you frustrated as a fan.

In the ENTERTAINMENT world...I think I disagree with a full on hard nose approach to coaching like that.    You want the kid to be the best player possible...but there is offseason and practices for that, imo.

I hear what you're saying but maybe I miscommunicated.  I never said a word about being upset that Kidd left all the young guys in, in fact I'm happy he did.  I'm just annoyed that when things were clearly lopsided over an extended period of time he didn't use one of the a thousand timeouts the NBA grants you to help settle the kids down and help them out in the moment.

Just because the win is basically in your back pocket doesn't mean you should just stop coaching.  That's all.

(11-13-2023, 01:22 PM)omahen Wrote: That and point difference counts for inseason tournament

For sure but also, if Kidd really believed that, wouldn't he have just left his top rotation guys in the whole time and tried to secure like a 40 point win?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 10: New Orleans Pelicans (4-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (8-2) | 124-136 WINNNN!! - by StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 11-13-2023, 01:24 PM