Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 10: New Orleans Pelicans (4-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (8-2) | 124-136 WINNNN!!
Enjoying Grant as the outlet at the nail when the ball gets trapped.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
The fact lively can do reverse layups as a rookie and look comfortable is something I was not expecting at all in his rookie year

KYRIE IS ON FIRE
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-12-2023, 08:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Grant has been having a dud this game as well as the last couple. I would like to see them try and run a set play for the guy to get him a good look

Was reading RealGM Celtics board to see how they are liking KP.  Came across back and forth with two members that seemed reasonable and not homers hating...they were suggesting Grant is playing good offensively for us but his numbers should correct.  I dont know his historic stats but I came away from the comments hoping he isnt some super streaky shooter/scorer that leads to Mavs fans feeling underwhelmed.

He seems to be an upgrade for us...from what we have been used to the past few seasons...so there is that.  I think we need his defense more than offense anyway.  But he is at least capable of passing, dribbling and shooting which have been rare traits for our roll players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(11-12-2023, 08:33 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Was reading RealGM Celtics board to see how they are liking KP.  Came across back and forth with two members that seemed reasonable and not homers hating...they were suggesting Grant is playing good offensively for us but his numbers should correct.  I dont know his historic stats but I came away from the comments hoping he isnt some super streaky shooter/scorer that leads to Mavs fans feeling underwhelmed.

He seems to be an upgrade for us...from what we have been used to the past few seasons...so there is that.  I think we need his defense more than offense anyway.  But he is at least capable of passing, dribbling and shooting which have been rare traits for our roll players.

I don't think there was an ever a possibility for Grant to keep up is near 60% 3pt shooting for an entire season. He just needs to be close to 40% on high volume and we're fine. He doesn't even have to be consistently good every night. Just mediocre. It'd be more than what we're getting from Reggie the last season, and thats all that matters.

But I agree he is certainly an upgrade so far. His defense has been a breath of fresh air.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
The communication between Grant and Luka there on defense was a sight to see. Then Luka hits a beautiful 3. Then a no look pass for a DJJ 3.

How can you stop that??

THEN GRANT WITH A BLOCK

Now Josh is getting in on the action with a BOOMA BANGA 3
Like Reply
Mavs hit 100 points again with time to spare in the 3rd. When they are hitting shots this offense is the most prolific of all time.

As I say that Luka hits a cross court no look for a DJJ 3

Luka AGAIN!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Luka with the 4d underwater chess move to go get some rest. Genius stuff from the Don
Like Reply
[Image: Luka-Doncic-1-WEB.png]

Luka with this hair and his current mustache combo would literally be the Thanos of the NBA. He would be inevitable
Like Reply
Powell 10 rebounds, Lively 1. I’m confused.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
HOLY KYRIE WOWOWOWOW
Like Reply
(11-12-2023, 08:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: Luka-Doncic-1-WEB.png]

Luka with this hair and his current mustache combo would literally be the Thanos of the NBA. He would be inevitable

This makes me feel like you want some Ricky Rubio gifs…
Like Reply
Kyrie is in his bag tonight my goodness

(11-12-2023, 08:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This makes me feel like you want some Ricky Rubio gifs…

More like mid 2000s Steve Nash. Dude had the bob haircut of every soccer mom and still put up 25/12 every night.
Like Reply
Josh Green breaking out of that funk tonight
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
The Green Monster
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
I need some Omax

And Kidd brings him in. Me and Kidd are vibing
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
OMAX GOOD DRIVE
Like Reply
Cody Zeller was drafted 8 spots higher than Dereck Lively.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Pelicans can't miss in garbage time

Both Luka and Kyrie with 30+ point games in under 30 minutes.
Like Reply
Garbage time overreaction: Morris is on the roster because of his relationship with Dudley and Kidd. As the coaches voice in the locker room. Has no on court role.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, WillE
Like Reply
Nice to see Kyrie and Josh Green play well.

I know we’re not gonna be in that top tier of contenders but if the team is still playing at a >50 win pace at the deadline, they’re gonna look to add win now players like Dan has been suggesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply