Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 9: Los Angeles Clippers (3-5) vs. Dallas Mavericks (7-2) | 126-144 WIN!!
[Image: F-OG7XiW0AANeGT?format=jpg&name=900x900]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
"New look" Clippers lost both games and didn't score 100 points yet, mainly as a result of poor shooting overall. They must think this is their chance to change that.

It will be interesting to see how Mavs will hide Luka and Kyrie in this one. All of Clippers starters are considerably bigger and stronger than Kyrie. If Mavs hyde Kyrie on Westbrook, Luka will be left guarding one of Harden, George or Leonard. I hope Mavs are able to bounce back from the bad game against Toronto.
Like Reply
Statement from NBA spokesperson: “The Mavericks will play tonight’s game on their core court due to a manufacturing issue with the team’s In-Season Tournament court.”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(11-10-2023, 01:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Statement from NBA spokesperson: “The Mavericks will play tonight’s game on their core court due to a manufacturing issue with the team’s In-Season Tournament court.”

Lol. Just as well I guess. That court in Denver was an eyesore. Although if it helps our player camouflage on the court maybe we should want it after all
Like Reply
Zubac has had games against us where he doesn’t miss and grabs a ton of rebounds. Recently though Luka has played him off the floor. I wonder what happens if Clippers go small. Do we keep Liveley out there or does he lose time as well? Similar to what happened in the nets game.
Like Reply
(11-10-2023, 03:07 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Zubac has had games against us where he doesn’t miss and grabs a ton of rebounds.  Recently though Luka has played him off the floor.  I wonder what happens if Clippers go small.  Do we keep Liveley out there or does he lose time as well?  Similar to what happened in the nets game.

Terrance Mann said it best:

Their game plan is to let Luka get his, and he loves to play against the Clippers. The real question is can this game plan work with Kyrie on the court?
Like Reply
Dereck Lively II (illness) will play against the Clippers after missing the team’s loss against the Raptors. Maxi Kleber (toe) has been ruled out.
Clippers coach Tyron Lue mentioned the rotation will be different tonight against the Mavericks than it has been in the first few games since adding James Harden.
Like Reply
(11-10-2023, 03:07 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Zubac has had games against us where he doesn’t miss and grabs a ton of rebounds.  Recently though Luka has played him off the floor.  I wonder what happens if Clippers go small.  Do we keep Liveley out there or does he lose time as well?  Similar to what happened in the nets game.

I'd keep Lively in. You can also punish a team for trying to go small on you by attacking them with the bigs. You want to be the team that's controlling the tone of the game.
Like Reply
(11-10-2023, 08:18 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I'd keep Lively in. You can also punish a team for trying to go small on you by attacking them with the bigs. You want to be the team that's controlling the tone of the game.

You only pull out your bigs against a small lineup if your bigs aren’t mobile enough to defend little guys. The weakness of this Mavs team is how light their bigs are. The strength is how mobile they are. That’s by design. Going little against Dallas is a last resort. You only do it because Luka has forced you to by pulling your immobile big out to the 3-point line and torching him.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Hunting Kyrie on the switch early
Like Reply
At this pace we´ll also hold the Clippers to 90ish points comfortably.... at HT.
Like Reply
must win game..
Like Reply
Powell and Kleber suck. Mavs have no rim protection...Wait a minute. Who is on the floor right now?
Like Reply
Such a slow start but the Mavs to have seem to find their fire now

Luka's 3s have looked so pure this year
Like Reply
(11-10-2023, 08:47 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Powell and Kleber suck. Mavs have no rim protection...Wait a minute. Who is on the floor right now?

lively's still a rookie though while powell/kleber are vets who still make "rookie mistakes."
Like Reply
Harden really gets every single whistle on earth

Omax sighting!!!
Like Reply
Grant's on ball defense is super disappointing. I know that it is a difficult matchup but even Luka is doing a better job right now.

As I post it. Harden walks right by Luka...
Like Reply
Powell with 2 bone headed mistakes
Like Reply
“O-Max will not contribute this year.”

SMH, it gets better and better.
Like Reply
OMax walked right into the trap...
Like Reply