Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
G-Will (18pts, 4rbd, 3ast, +2, 4-5 from 3)
17.24%
5 17.24%
Dereck Lively II (15pts, 14rbds, 1ast, 1blk, +1)
27.59%
8 27.59%
Kyrie (18pts, 3rbd, 10ast, 1stl, 1blk, +8)
31.03%
9 31.03%
Luka (23pts, 12rbd, 9ast, 1blk, +3)
0%
0 0%
Powell (10pts, 5rbd, 3ast, +2, 100% FG)
0%
0 0%
THJ (16pts, 2rbd, 1ast,+1)
0%
0 0%
Hardy (14pts, 4rbd, +9, only 14mins played)
24.14%
7 24.14%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 6 DIRKIE: Lively, Kyrie, AND Hardy Party!
(11-06-2023, 10:26 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Hard to say if he would have been able to show his stuff on the Ignite properly or not, Scoot is still pretty raw as a playmaker and wouldn't have helped spread the floor for him. He definitely would have gone higher if he went to a P & R school instead of Duke, though

That's a really good point.  I guess Ignite hasn't had a big man come through yet, have they?
Like Reply
Grant, even though he likes the Eagles.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 09:52 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I wonder what Derrick Lively's draft stock would have looked like if he went to the G League Ignite instead of Duke.  Somewhere he could show off how his skill set fits into the league instead of being stuck in a college system with a high usage post player next to him.

I dunno. I bet he got world-class coaching at Duke.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 03:24 PM)The Jom Wrote: I dunno. I bet he got world-class coaching at Duke.

Oh for sure, the kid definitely learned how to be a great basketball player at Duke but I'm just saying I think his situation at Duke probably hurt his draft stock overall because that specific iteration of the team didn't really give him the opportunity to showcase skills that NBA teams would want to see.
Like Reply
Im quite surprised we have an even 50/50 split on Kyrie and Lively. I felt that Kyrie controlled the game and led the comeback that got the Mavs back into it. Lively was solid all night and it's hard to imagine the Mavs win without him, but I think Kyrie's impact was just greater.

Its nice that I seriously have to think about it though. And thats not even mentioning Grant who was scorching hot all game.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 04:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Im quite surprised we have an even 50/50 split on Kyrie and Lively. I felt that Kyrie controlled the game and led the comeback that got the Mavs back into it. Lively was solid all night and it's hard to imagine the Mavs win without him, but I think Kyrie's impact was just greater.

Its nice that I seriously have to think about it though. And thats not even mentioning Grant who was scorching hot all game.

Didn't want to give it to any of the vets in the starting lineup. Kyrie and Grant made big time contributions to turn things around in the 4th quarter but in a way they just cleaned up the mess they created in the first three quarters. Simply higher expectations compared to the youngsters. Kyrie needs to up his scoring efficiency. Grant cannot look like Luka's lazy twin on defense for an entire half.

As usual it comes down to different interpretations of the Dirkie. Kyrie probably was the best Mavs player in the game against the Hornets. But Lively (and in my opinion Hardy) overperformed more than any other player on the roster.
Like Reply
Have we ever had a three way tie before?
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 05:27 PM)MFFL Wrote: Have we ever had a three way tie before?

I didn't even realize the 3-way tie!! We might've made history here. I was about to close the poll anyways!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 05:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Didn't want to give it to any of the vets in the starting lineup. Kyrie and Grant made big time contributions to turn things around in the 4th quarter but in a way they just cleaned up the mess they created in the first three quarters. Simply higher expectations compared to the youngsters. Kyrie needs to up his scoring efficiency. Grant cannot look like Luka's lazy twin on defense for an entire half.

As usual it comes down to different interpretations of the Dirkie. Kyrie probably was the best Mavs player in the game against the Hornets. But Lively (and in my opinion Hardy) overperformed more than any other player on the roster.

Thats fair. I'm one of the few that doesn't really care who you vote for, as long as you can explain the choice. Its why I try to get at least 7-8 guys on the poll. Its always interesting to see who values what.
Like Reply
Gave it to Hardy, bc his timely buckets hurt Charlotte badly. Made his FTs at a crucial time, played within the flow but aggressive, really impressive even if he didn’t even play all that much.

Kyrie, Lively and Grant all played great too though so you could go multiple ways.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 03:24 PM)The Jom Wrote: I dunno. I bet he got world-class coaching at Duke.

He got world class coaching from his mom, too, after all, she played center as well and has been coaching him since he was really little. But I was more talking about being able to showcase his abilities. Duke did not use him to his optimal use

Also, this might be the closest Dirkie vote I've ever seen
Like Reply
It looks like Kyrie pulled it out in the end!
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 11:31 PM)MFFL Wrote: It looks like Kyrie pulled it out in the end!
That’s what…
Like Reply