Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5: Denver Nuggets (5-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-1) | 114-125 loss
Luka shoulda gotten a 4pt play there
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 11:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Dynamic offensive player. You cannot tell me that Hardy isn't playing like a THJ clone right now. He isn't going to pass.

I’ve watched him drop dimes tonight my brother. You guys gotta understand that as Hardy gets more time he will find more balance and be REALLY GOOD.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Nuggets just too much size. Mavs don't have any of those SF/PF hybrids in the 6'8" - 6'9" range who can match up to Gordon and MPJ
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
WHAT A PASS BY LUKA!

WHAT A STEAL BY KY!

I dont like this DJJ sub
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
these fn offensive rebounds
Like Reply
Happy the mavs fought. Mavs just too small…especially in a game where lively wasn’t a factor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Honestly the Mavs won this game for 3 quarters. The 1st quarter buried them
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • donzingis38
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 11:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly the Mavs won this game for 3 quarters. The 1st quarter buried them

Last 2 mins of each quarter killed us.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Nuggets should come out of the West again easily this season. I don't know any team that can match up to them in a 7-game series
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 11:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly the Mavs won this game for 3 quarters. The 1st quarter buried them

Nuggets did what they needed to do. Probably have another gear that they didn't need.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 11:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Nuggets did what they needed to do. Probably have another gear that they didn't need.

A pessimistic of a view as you can possibly have. Mavs fought all the way. Its promising they won 3/4 quarters
Like Reply

Agreed. Shitty first quarter
Like Reply
Disappointed in the result, but low key proud of the Mavs tonight. Almost nothing went right, but they hung in there and made it kind of a game in the end. We can’t underestimate how much more comfortable Denver is playing with each other coming off of a championship season.

All in all, I think the Mavs are off to a fairly good start this season.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Reunion Mav, The Jom
Like Reply
Really liked Kyrie tonight. Don’t mind the loss. Hardy had some moments. Great fight to make it interesting for awhile. Don’t think this team exits first round come playoff time. Not if they’re healthy.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Jokic and the Nuggets are just too good. But just the same, my apologies to Jason Kidd. I thought his rotation was weird, his assistant had a weirder rotation.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 11:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: A pessimistic of a view as you can possibly have. Mavs fought all the way. Its promising they won 3/4 quarters

I don't think the NBA hands out garbage time awards. Every single time the Mavs were anywhere close to a comeback the Nuggets took care of business.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsHighlights/statu...0392947182
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 11:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Disappointed in the result, but low key proud of the Mavs tonight. Almost nothing went right, but they hung in there and made it kind of a game in the end. We can’t underestimate how much more comfortable Denver is playing with each other coming off of a championship season.

All in all, I think the Mavs are off to a fairly good start this season.

For sure. Denver isn't the benchmark for the Mavs. They have a long way to go to get back into that conversation. For me it's more about the development. Today was a positive if we are talking about the mindset (except for Luka). And a reality check when it comes to talent/scheme/lineups.
Like Reply
If Holmes can’t get some run in this game where the Mavs were absolutely destroyed in the paint and on the glass, he just needs to be waived. That was some terrible coaching tonight. Makes me even miss JKidd.
Like Reply
it ain't the first game we got outplayed in the first quarter. actually we started poorly in almost every game we have played this season. in the past games our opponents ain't that good so we could get away with wins but nuggets are a champion team deservedly. it would have been another close game if we had done better in the first quarter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply