Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5: Denver Nuggets (5-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-1) | 114-125 loss
Huge test, figurately and literally. Denver is huge with Joker, Gordon and MPJ. Core of the team has been together for years. Realistically a much better team, but I think Luka always played well against them, as he always likes the challenge and enjoys playing against his friends. Defense was never really Denvers strong calling card, it is their beautiful offensive game, so I am mostly interested how Mavs defense will look against them. On offense it will again mostly come down to how many of their many attempted threes can they make. With the exception of SA game, they have been excellent so far.
Like Reply
@townbrad
Sweeney says it wasn’t until after shootaround that Mavs learned the court had the wrong 3-point dimensions. He says the lines were painted too far from basket.

“Hopefully it’s the accurate, correct one now. And if it isn’t, hopefully we make more and then it doesn’t matter.”

Nuggets trying to punk the Mavs???
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Mavs starters: Jones, Williams, Lively, Irving, Doncic
DEN starters: Porter, Gordon, Jokic, Caldwell-Pope, Murray
Tip has been moved back, look for a 9:23 tip @971TheFreak
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Jokic and lively match up will be fun to watch. lively will do a good job handling fat ass at defensive end just try not to commit many fouls early on in the game. need another big performance from lively in order for us to win this one tbh.
Like Reply
I think I might go deaf listening to Doc for 48 minutes

DJJ with the steal and lay in early!

Now Grant with a steal and Lively with the EURO !
Like Reply
Grant guarding Jokic.

Kyrie with the sweet move!

Holy shit Luka. What a pass to a G-Will 3!
Like Reply
Luka with early turnovers again.
Like Reply
Denver's defense is insane. I don't like Powell first off the bench with Jokic still on the floor but lets see what happens.
Like Reply
Denver is on fire.
Like Reply
The Nuggets are just wtf levels of good. Only hope is to to attack Jokic and get him in foul trouble.

Nuggets have played as close as a perfect quarter as you can.
Like Reply
Nuggets are bigger, more athletic and find the mismatch on every single possession.
Like Reply
Denver hitting everything they attempt.
Like Reply
Going with a 4 guard lineup against Jokic is brave
Like Reply
Denver is ridiculous. Murray isn't even doing anything yet.
Like Reply
What a pass by Kyrie
Like Reply
Powell not having his best game tonight. I turned the game on just in time to see him blow a layup and then watch an offensive rebound opportunity bounce off of his face.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 09:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: What a pass by Kyrie

WTF by THJ Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
THJ just shoots literally everything. How I'm still surprised after 5 years I don't know but jeeez dude
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Doesn’t seem like a great start for THJ, either.
Like Reply
THJ is in full chuck mode tonight. Hope a few go in.
Like Reply