Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To All My Bally Sports Haters
In light of Bally Sports crapping out last night and being a genuinely evil corporation overall, I wanted to present an alternative to Roku users.

I have an app I built that hosts really whatever I choose to put on it and I normally have every Mavs game on there.  This is a private channel so if you would like to use it you need to login on a browser to my.roku.com and you'll see an "Add Channel by Code" option (or something to that affect) where you can simply plug in X6HLPV and my app should show up on your device shortly there after.  The streams are pretty reliable but you'll be delayed about 20-40 seconds.  I do my best with it and rarely miss hosting games on there so just want to try to make it available to folks who need it.  I live in Denver but basically built this for all my buddies back in Dallas because of the constantly struggle getting basic access to RSN (we have the same issue up here as well).

Companies like Diamond Sports and the Kroenke family are killing off sports enthusiasm for the next generation.  I really hope they get this figured out in the next rights deal because we are at a point as a society where RSNs aren't needed and should be completely killed off in my opinion.  Leagues are blacking out their most loyal fans in their target demographic, it's an awful revenue model for end users.
[-] The following 9 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • ballsrchr, ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, MFFL, michaeltex, RGP1981, speedkilz88, The Jom
Like Reply
I am macho man! Master of my home. But...my wife won't let me watch our big screen TV...any of them. I can get Roku Channel on my computer. I'll have to investigate that. Thanks!...even if I can't figure something out.
Like Reply
To add a private channel to Roku with a code, you need to:

Visit my.roku.com on your mobile phone or computer.
Sign in to your Roku account.
Under the Manage account section, click or tap Add channel with a code.
Enter your desired channel access code and select the Add Channel button.
A popup warning will appear. Tap or click OK to proceed.
The channel should immediately appear at the bottom of the channel list on your Roku's home screen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes speedkilz88's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 11:10 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: To add a private channel to Roku with a code, you need to:

Visit my.roku.com on your mobile phone or computer.
Sign in to your Roku account.
Under the Manage account section, click or tap Add channel with a code.
Enter your desired channel access code and select the Add Channel button.
A popup warning will appear. Tap or click OK to proceed.
The channel should immediately appear at the bottom of the channel list on your Roku's home screen.

Thanks!  These are much clearer than my instructions.
Like Reply
Added it. Can’t wait to test er out tonight.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Doesn’t seem to be working. I select Mavs and the app closes, takes me to the main channel menu.
Like Reply
(11-01-2023, 07:37 PM)The Jom Wrote: Doesn’t seem to be working. I select Mavs and the app closes, takes me to the main channel menu.

Of course the first day I open it up to folks on the board the app messes up and makes me look like a fool… Never seen this behavior from it but going to mess with it tomorrow. Apologies for the false advertising, legitimately have never had an issue with the app itself (normally any issue is the actually streams) like this but I’m sure it’s fixable.
Like Reply
Got it working. Made a small change this morning that I didn’t think would break anything but guess I was wrong. Shouldn’t have any issues now.
Like Reply
Works for me now, thanks. I love how every show says “Rating: XXX” when I start it. That’s gonna make for a fun moment at some point.
Like Reply
(11-01-2023, 10:30 PM)The Jom Wrote: Works for me now, thanks. I love how every show says “Rating: XXX” when I start it. That’s gonna make for a fun moment at some point.

Fun fact, adding that rating fixed that channel. I had removed it earlier today and must have done something dumb in the process so I just added it back and it fixed it Confusedhrug:
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • MFFL, The Jom
Like Reply
Thanks! I'll be adding. I did something like this in the early 2004 - 2010 range that some of the foreign forum members took advantage of - German Wunderkid, a guy from the Philippines whose name escapes me, and a few others. My bandwidth at the time couldn't support more than 3-5 streams.
Like Reply
(11-02-2023, 09:30 AM)jerryjohnson Wrote: Thanks! I'll be adding. I did something like this in the early 2004 - 2010 range that some of the foreign forum members took advantage of - German Wunderkid, a guy from the Philippines whose name escapes me, and a few others. My bandwidth at the time couldn't support more than 3-5 streams.

That's pretty dope, bummer it got overrun.  This app is hosted in the cloud and the streams are hosted elsewhere so hoping bandwidth doesn't become a problem but we'll see.
Like Reply
(11-02-2023, 10:23 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: That's pretty dope, bummer it got overrun.  This app is hosted in the cloud and the streams are hosted elsewhere so hoping bandwidth doesn't become a problem but we'll see.

I see you are able to use streameast feeds.  I wonder if it would work for puffer as well. They only allow 500 at a time. https://puffer.stanford.edu/
Like Reply
(11-04-2023, 02:08 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: I see you are able to use streameast feeds.  I wonder if it would work for puffer as well. They only allow 500 at a time.  https://puffer.stanford.edu/

Oh interesting, never heard of this before. Thanks for the heads up, I’m going to check it out.

One thing I’ll say though is given that this is a Standford research project I may shy away from it because I would assume that they would catch on to OTT device ids like Rokus popping up in their logs and I’m not sure how they would react to it whereas that kind of behavior is basically encouraged by sites like streameast given that they made their CDN open to the public.
Like Reply
Oh, if they can see it, I bet they would just ban that id. I need a youtube video or something showing how to set it up. Already created an account. But I would like to set up a channel for my mom to get her religious stations all in one place and a couple other channels similar to streameast just not sports.
Like Reply
Oh and just for feedback purposes. I tried to watch the Cowboys game on your channel and it kicked me out multiple times during the first quarter and then shortly after that it got stuck in a loop. It would just keep showing the horrible marvels trailer over and over again. I just watched it on streameast after that on a firestick.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 09:04 AM)speedkilz88 Wrote: Oh and just for feedback purposes.  I tried to watch the Cowboys game on your channel and it kicked me out multiple times during the first quarter and then shortly after that it got stuck in a loop.  It would just keep showing the horrible marvels trailer over and over again.  I just watched it on streameast after that on a firestick.

Oh weird sorry about that, Streameast must have moved the feed to a different location (which happens pretty rarely these days) and I didn't catch it.  The cowboys feed usually doesn't get a lot of love because most of my friends who use the app have access to Cowboys in market since it's not on Bally's and I only use it if the Cowboys are out of market in Denver which they weren't yesterday (I have Youtube TV so just end up watching there as long as it's carried since it's more reliable obviously).  The football feeds on there that normally work the best are the Redzone feeds and Thursday Night Football games since those are the ones that I normally have an eye on since it's my only way to get access to those.

A lot of the channels are just kind of placeholders for me to just drop random nba games from time to time or random out of market nfl games.  Stuff like the Bengals and Bears won't always have stuff in there for example even when those teams are playing.  The Mavs one though is normally how I watch the games so it should basically always be up.  I do my best to catch as much Rangers and Stars as possible as well so those are normally set up as well.
Like Reply
This is the last season for Bally

"While there will be a reduction in rights payments for some teams, the local rights for 15 franchises will revert back to those teams and the league at the end of this season."

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/maveri...agreement/
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply