Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-0) | 120-125 WIN!!!!!
(10-27-2023, 10:10 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: hardy been DNPed two games when is he gonna make season debut?

Maybe when he's healthy.
Like Reply
(10-27-2023, 10:10 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Maybe when he's healthy.

Pretty sure he's healthy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(10-27-2023, 10:16 PM)Jym Wrote: Pretty sure he's healthy

Maybe when he plays defense??
Like Reply
(10-27-2023, 09:51 PM)Jym Wrote: Guess we should keep resting Luka the first half of 4th quarters

I know it’s only been two games, but he’s looked a hell of a lot fresher to end games so far. With Kyrie they’re afforded the luxury of sitting him longer in the 4th.  Should pay dividends later in season as well.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Again Mavs had to work really hard to beat an average team missing two starters, very similar to last season. Ok, last season they lost such games in crunch time, this season they are winning them so far. Luka 49 points with zero turnovers, had some very good defensive moments. Could be easier if BKN didn't hit 50 % of their threes. Mavs also had some luck, especially with a certain hook shot from a lost situation, and were good with 41 % from three. Still, a win is a win.

As many of you mentioned, rotations are just puzzling. DJJ and his 37 % from corner three (had to do it Smile ) again in the starting line-up. This time with a non shooter, predictably making offense very difficult. THJ is just frustrating to watch. Takes every shot and is very inefficient. Maxi bad again, Powell and Lively looked much better and I don't care about what +- says. Another inefficient game for Kyrie. BKN small ball line-up completely took away the PnR. Josh Green again too hesitant, resulting in a couple of turnovers and blocked shot, as usually compensated with energy and some good defense in the second half.

Still hoping for OMax and Hardy minutes.
[-] The following 5 users Like omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, RoyTarpleysGhost, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(10-27-2023, 10:19 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: I know it’s only been two games, but he’s looked a hell of a lot fresher to end games so far. With Kyrie they’re afforded the luxury of sitting him longer in the 4th.  Should pay dividends later in season as well.

Luka came in top shape after working out very hard first 3 months of the long break he had and then get in the playing form with the national team. I expect MVP level first half of the season and then a bit worse second half (if they make it to the playoffs, he will be a monster again). I hope Kyrie is just rusty as he didn't play for half a year.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
14 points for Luka in final 3:22. Incredible performance. That team had us beat.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
2-0 is nice but neither of their opponents are very good and we needed Luka heroics to close them both out.

For the love of God, stop with the DJJ starting experiment. Green has looked meh but maybe he’ll get more confidence if you start him.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • Branduil, KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
I'm not sure anyone played well other than Luka.  Fortunately, Luka's greatness carried us to a victory.

Kidd continues to do stupid things.  I don't understand how DJJ is starting over Green or how Kleber is playing more minutes than Lively.  It's like he's not even bothering to watch the games.

The Nets shot really well from 3 but that's partly because we didn't really defend the 3-point line.  Our defense looks pretty bad.  Even the guys who were supposed to be good defensively like Green and Grant Williams have not been good.  Kyrie not looking great on either side of the ball so far. 

Yet, we're 2-0.  It's a good place to be and we can't be too critical when the Mavericks are still undefeated.
Like Reply
Kidd already has me on the fire him bandwagon, which is impressive in a way after a 2-0 start. Luka pulled a miracle out of his ass to get us this win
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(10-27-2023, 10:38 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Kidd already has me on the fire him bandwagon, which is impressive in a way after a 2-0 start. Luka pulled a miracle out of his ass to get us this win

Kind of amazing how dumb he is
Like Reply
(10-27-2023, 10:27 PM)omahen Wrote: Luka came in top shape after working out very hard first 3 months of the long break he had and then get in the playing form with the national team. I expect MVP level first half of the season and then a bit worse second half (if they make it to the playoffs, he will be a monster again). I hope Kyrie is just rusty as he didn't play for half a year.

I understand that, but he physically doesn’t look much more leaner than last year. I just think 6-7 minutes of fresh 4th quarter Luka > than 8-10 minutes Luka…..
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
Almost as incredible as Luka’s finish is this board’s negativity after a sensational, come-from-behind win. It’s hard to be a fan and keep coming here for shit. Guess I need to find a new board.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Hogmelon
Like Reply
(10-27-2023, 10:38 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Kidd already has me on the fire him bandwagon, which is impressive in a way after a 2-0 start. Luka pulled a miracle out of his ass to get us this win

Kidd is an idiot.

Cuban is an idiot for hiring Kidd.
Like Reply
(10-27-2023, 10:53 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: Kidd is an idiot.

Cuban is an idiot for hiring Kidd.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1155...ketball-iq
Like Reply
Kelly Oubre would have been nice in that Derrick Jones starting spot...especially considering they're both on the same 1-year deal  Sad
Like Reply
Rangers win!
Like Reply
(10-27-2023, 10:00 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well really fun and really frustrating. 

Luka was great.  Kyrie was not really.  High highs and low lows for Hardaway.  I think we are relying on him too much.  Rough outing for Josh Green, but good for him to hit his last 3 free throws and get a big rebound.  Wish Lively would have played more.  I thought he was contesting shots well.  Mavs may lack a 5th starter.  It probably should be Green, but don’t know if that is the teams vision for him. 

I think it is safe to pencil in DFS at the MLE when he is a FA again….if Luka is in Dallas.

Cam Thomas is the exact role I envision for Hardy.  Just a bucket getter off the bench (he started tonight).  Just puts so much pressure on defenses.  Hardy just needs to grow in other parts of his game so that he stays on the floor.

Josh also did a great job to contest that last Cam Thomas (I think it was) step back 3 that he didn’t miss by much. Defended as well as possible without fouling.
Like Reply
(10-27-2023, 10:36 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: I'm not sure anyone played well other than Luka.  Fortunately, Luka's greatness carried us to a victory.

Kidd continues to do stupid things.  I don't understand how DJJ is starting over Green or how Kleber is playing more minutes than Lively.  It's like he's not even bothering to watch the games.

The Nets shot really well from 3 but that's partly because we didn't really defend the 3-point line.  Our defense looks pretty bad.  Even the guys who were supposed to be good defensively like Green and Grant Williams have not been good.  Kyrie not looking great on either side of the ball so far. 

Yet, we're 2-0.  It's a good place to be and we can't be too critical when the Mavericks are still undefeated.

I watch the Mavericks and get very happy. I watch the Rangers and get happier. I read only 3 posts and it seems this board is very invested in being critical. At least you recognize that at the end. 

2 games: 2 Clutch wins and 2 awesome Luka performances. I’m going back to being happy with a great night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Feels like Christmas came early this year, cause Luka is going all by himself again to beat two projected lottery teams. Luka is just crazy.
Like Reply