Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Grant Williams (17pts, 6rbs, 1blk 4-8 from 3, +2))
0%
0 0%
Maxi (6pts, 7rbs, 2 ast, 1blk, -12)
0%
0 0%
Luka (33pts, 14rbs, 10asts, 1 stl, +4)
14.29%
5 14.29%
Kyrie (22pts, 2rbs, 6asts, 1 stl, +1)
0%
0 0%
Dereck Lively (16 pts, 10 rbs, 1ast, 1stl, 7-8 FGs, +20)
85.71%
30 85.71%
THJ (17pts, 6 rbs, 4 ast, +9)
0%
0 0%
Josh Green (11pts, 2 rbd, 1 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk, +4)
0%
0 0%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 DIRKE: Lively takes it!
[Image: F9VqcXZWsAAjnYi?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I SO badly want to give it to Luka.

I mean the dude had a 33 point triple double, the game icing 3pt shot, barely complained to officials the entire game, AND played defense like crazy the whole game.

But what can I say? Dereck Lively was incredible.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Does DL’s middle name start with an H? Cause he delivers like a global logistics company. dhl.com.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 3 users Like The Jom's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
Luka, sorry
DP DNP
Lively makes me smile.
Like Reply
Luka is probably the correct answer, but like the award’s namesake, he’s going to get passed over often by the fun outlier. Lively was phenomenal tonight.
Like Reply
Me when I hear Dereck Lively's or Luka's name tomorrow from anyone:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1717396316068643013
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • MrGoat, Tyler
Like Reply
Lively really... I mean really made a difference in the interior.

On both ends.
Like Reply
[Image: F9VrCQfXYAAUiVT?format=jpg&name=medium]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MrGoat
Like Reply
Shout out to Grant Williams as well, had a rough start but was awesome rest of the way - was the best defender we had on Wemby
[-] The following 8 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BigDirk41, Ghost of Podkolzin, Hypermav, KillerLeft, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Reunion Mav, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
Imma give it to the rook we should have started in this game. Lively outscored and outrebounded Wemby off the bench

But if he gets that many minutes consistently I guess it doesn't matter whether he starts or comes off the bench, as Jason Terry said, he didn't care if he started the game as long as he got to finish it
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/17...2312291803

Dereck Lively vs Wembanyama tonight

✅ 16 PTS > 15 PTS ❌
✅ 10 REB > 5 REB ❌
✅ 7/8 FG > 6/9 FG ❌
✅ 2/3 FT > 0/1 FT ❌
✅ 1 TO > 5 TO ❌

— Looks like they had the wrong generational rookie center ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
A rookie on the floor in the closing minutes of a tight game. Ending up with 16 and 10, with a plus 20. I mean 2 way Luka is amazing, but got to give this one to the rook.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Lively is the guy we all wanted. And he's ready now. Wow.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tyler's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
Crazy Lively trivia.

Career high in college: 13 points
First NBA game: 16 points

Total double doubles in college: 0
First NBA game: 1
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, KillerLeft, MFFL, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
On my bingo card for the Mavs this year, I didn’t have “what to do about the non Lively minutes at center” as the Mav’s bigggest personnel problem. But, here we are.
[-] The following 3 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BoredAssistant, MFFL, The Jom
Like Reply
(10-25-2023, 11:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Crazy Lively trivia.

Career high in college: 13 points
First NBA game: 16 points

Total double doubles in college: 0
First NBA game: 1

Moral of the story: if you’re a pick and roll big, go to a pick and roll college.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Hypermav, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
I think Duke used him wrong or Tyson coached him up. or both.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(10-26-2023, 12:00 AM)Hypermav Wrote: I think Duke used him wrong or Tyson coached him up.  or both.

The trouble with Duke is that their best player and top scorer was a post-up center 
No center competition here
Like Reply
So--who gets my Dirkie?

It's not going to be DJJ who was--there.

Not going to be Kleber who was--solid--for 23 minutes. Only scored 6 points...I would like more from him. 7 rebounds, 2 of them were OREB. That's good. 1 block. I'm sure someone will mention his +/- of -12...but I pay less attention to that than most because it at least partly comes down to team matchups.

Grant williams?...with a pretty good shooting night--17 points. 6 good rebounds, 1 block. I don't think so...

Kyrie Irving? Not a good shooting night, but still managed 22 points. 6 assists. Important down the stretch.

THJ just went out and did his little ole THJ stuff. He wasn't hot, but as a volume shooter, he usually scores points. We just have to hope that he scores enough that it doesn't hurt us too much. This night was ok.

Josh Green. Some good defense, a few points. An important part of the team. I wish he would score more. Maybe he will.

Dante Exum only played 8 minutes, but I think he was solid. He's an actual point guard--playing behind Luka and Kyrie. Only so much time to go around.

Luka Doncic. Also not the best shooting night, but he is clutch. A solid 33 points, 14 rebounds, and 10 assists. This man is a player! I want to give him the Dirkie--But he's going to have more nights like this--and better. No cigar tonight.

Ok. The excitement builds! Derek Lively II. Great shooting night...16 points. 10 great rebounds--5 of them OREB. No blocks?...hmmm. While Derek Lively maybe wasn't my first draft choice, I was still happy with him. I'm also thrilled with his rookie debut. So I'm giving my Dirkie to Derek Lively II.
Like Reply
[Image: xtql86od8hwb1.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s...f6be1c89f1]
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • The Jom, Tyler
Like Reply