Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
(10-25-2023, 01:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's retarded. 

You can't script a basketball game. When you need more shooting, you switch up. When a player is killing you and you need someone to defend him, or want to change the scheme to shade coverage to an area he's working, that probably will require an odd substitution. And so on...

This is why Cuban should have never let Bob Ortegal go. Nellie used to come waaaaay out of left field with his substitutions, and Ortegal ALWAYS knew what he what thinking and explained the reasoning on the broadcast. Nowadays, Harper would have to wake up from his nap to even notice a substitution had been made, so even that is a 50-50 proposition. Consequently, there's a whole generation of Mavs fans who don't know one single damn thing about how NBA basketball works. 

I'm dumfounded that Kidd even thought SAYING this was a good idea, let alone actually approaching his job that way in real life. I REALLY hope it's not true.
I mean literally all of this is inferred by the quote "I'm watching, just like you guys". I don't really think it's possible to be dumbfounded by any statements he makes that reinforce that initial dumbfounding statement. At least he's honest, I guess..

(10-25-2023, 11:37 PM)The Jom Wrote: I don’t know. I thought he adjusted by starting Lively second half. And then he played the kid almost the entire half. Sure, he got pulled for a breather in the 4th. But he came back in for the close. Not sure even a 19 year old has the stamina to perform without a blow.

Given his statement about why Lively didn't start, I think it's very possible this wasn't an adjustment and an actual pre game determination, not to start him to keep him out of foul trouble, but give him starter minutes.

(10-25-2023, 09:48 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Maxi worse than Powell. Lively is way better. He’ll be playing 30 minutes per if he can stay out of foul trouble.

I don't mind Maxi with Lively. They can play together, where Lively and Powell can't.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by Dundalis - 10-26-2023, 11:18 AM