Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONTEST: Mavs Season Record Prediction
(10-09-2023, 11:19 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: They will fight for sure. Luka is too good for us not to be competitive. And its hard to believe he'll be part another tank job. But i'm hoping the tank job will be a little more organic this year, and not as obvious. 

This team is not good enough to compete in the West. Maybe in other years we could be a 4 or 5 seed with this team. Maybe win a 1st round series. But not this year. 

I'm not even sure there is a realistic trade that can move the needle.  Anything we do would move us further into the hamster wheel of mediocrity. 

Is it worth trading for Clint Capela? This move takes us from a 10th seed to an 8th seed? What your prize? Oh, congratulations you get to play the Suns or Nuggets in the first round. Good luck with all of that.
If they sell high on Kyrie this season, I’m fully fine with this. If we are to keep Kyrie for his full contract, it’s dumb. I think Cap would make us more than an 8 seed. Last year there were only a very few games that separated teams all throughout the seeding last year, meaning every game is important to put our best foot forward. Being a 4th seed is very doable with a good rebounding defensive anchor at C.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CONTEST: Mavs Season Record Prediction - by ItsGoTime - 10-09-2023, 11:31 AM