Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONTEST: Mavs Season Record Prediction
Alright, my excitement for the upcoming season is at a 3 year high, at least. With Preseason games underway today, it's time to brush off the old contests and see who the Big Brains of the board are in 2023! Starting this early so as to be able to watch as much preseason as you want to get your feel for how the boys in blue will fair this year.

Contest Rules:
Predict what you think will be the Mavs record for the year
You can edit your post throughout the preseason, but @12p CST on 10/25/2023 (first regular season gameday) I will post with a timestamp that all predictions are locked and any edits to posts past that time will void your entry. Any new predictions past that post will also be void from the contest (you can still have bragging rights, just not the contest award).

Contest Award:
Title change: Big Brain: 23/24 Record Prediction

...or something like that

It's time boys! Put up or shut up! 

...or keep talking cause this is a message board and we want to hear your thoughts however little weight you want to put behind them!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
My prediction is 82-0, but I will change that based on who wins the starting center job.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dmavs4life03, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
I'm going with 50-32
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jmaciscool's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
41-41
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
40-42

FML
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ItsGoTime, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
0-82. I had forgotten who coaches the team.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
I will go with 46. I think that is the baseline when you have a top 5 player in his prime on your roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
52-30

If Luka can't win 50 games with roster, it shows just how big that gap is between him and Dirk.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • dmavs4life03, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
I will go with 46--despite my "inside Homer" clamoring for 56.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
50. If Luka doesn’t win 50 at this point in his career. . . Well, there’d be no excuse if he can’t.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
50 wins, fellas. Over 500 all year long.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Powell is one of the worst centers in the league.

Timmy is so bad that the team would be 10x better if he weren’t on the roster.

Luka is fat. And selfish.

Maxi won’t play 20 games this season because he’s always hurt.

Josh Green has hit his ceiling, but Cuban will probably pay him 4/100. Either that, or he’ll have a breakout season, and they’ll let him walk.

Kyrie’ anti-vax beliefs have significantly diminished his on-court ability. Also, he doesn’t mesh with Luka.

Hardy can’t play defense.

Lively and O-Max can’t play, and were horrible picks.

Nico is completely outmatched in any negotiation, and completely clueless in assembling a roster.

Kidd is the worst coach in the league. And a wife-beater.

Cuban is the worst owner in the league. And really cheap.

50-32.
[-] The following 3 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, ItsGoTime, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I think they’ll get to 44 wins. They’re gonna start out rough and end less rough.
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 10:54 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Powell is one of the worst centers in the league.

Josh Green has hit his ceiling, but Cuban will probably pay him 4/100. Either that, or he’ll have a breakout season, and they’ll let him walk.

Kyrie’ anti-vax beliefs have significantly diminished his on-court ability. Also, he doesn’t mesh with Luka.

Nico is completely outmatched in any negotiation, and completely clueless in assembling a roster.

50-32.

[Image: 3b0a8d09fa9f0e78266fa252889da52a006b336a...924b_1.jpg]
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
The Knicks should start worrying about that 1st round pick and Jason Kidd will definitely lose his job.

38-42 wins, if they don´t tank.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Nowitzki Way, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(10-06-2023, 05:38 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The Knicks should start worrying about that 1st round pick and Jason Kidd will definitely lose his job.

38-42 wins, if they don´t tank.

If that’s what it takes to get kidd out, I’d almost welcome it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(10-06-2023, 12:19 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: [Image: 3b0a8d09fa9f0e78266fa252889da52a006b336a...924b_1.jpg]

I'm a little sarcastic, sometimes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 10:54 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Powell is one of the worst centers in the league.

Certainly as a starting center. The problem is that the Mavs are no good at getting anyone better. 

Not true this year, lol. They need him as the roster stands right now, but they have to get some value out of him at the TDL or next summer. THJ does something Hardy cannot - defend adequately. The main reason he's a roster problem right now is that that "adequate defense" is not enough when he's on the floor with two of Luka, Kai, and Hardy.

I don't think Luka is selfish, he just needs a coach with the balls and brains to explain to him that heliocentrism is not winning basketball instead of cretinously fueling it.

Omax starting yesterday was about contract negotiation games with Green. This is so touchy. The Mavs don't win this year without Green playing a major role (and having a little bit of ceiling left, knock on wood). Of course, if he plays a major role and helps them win, his contract number goes up. At this point, his agent is probably saying, "4/64 if you want an extension right now, otherwise we test the market next summer." That's too much for Green, but if he doesn't extend, they will probably sandbag him the entire year to prevent another Brunson situation, which will hurt the oncourt product. Mavs gonna Mav.

Heh heh heh, but he already looked extremely disengaged yesterday after all of his "happy to be here" hype this summer. If we had a minimally competent coach, he would work out an offense which develops and maximizes the synergy between these two elite-level offensive players. Instead, we have Kidd, so that won't happen.

Well-said.

Nah, but both need time and work. OMax's performance yesterday was extremely disappointing, but he's a rookie in his first pre-season game. Still think he's him.

With Lindsay on his side, he's fine.

Yep.

Yep.

50-32.

My record prediction? Depends on when they let go of Kidd. I suspect they're quixotically going to keep him because of their hopes of recruiting Giannis. Not kidding. Mavs gonna Mav. Presuming Kidd is here all year, 39-43. Which is really sad, because I believe that the roster as of today would win 55 games this year with a top half of the league coach. If they can't get anyone else, I'm sure Quinn Buckner is available.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ItsGoTime, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
38-44
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BoredAssistant, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
10-72
[-] The following 2 users Like BasketballJones41's post:
  • BoredAssistant, ItsGoTime
Like Reply