Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: MIN vs. DAL
https://twitter.com/i/status/1709800716527694128

[Image: F7hjcJ8WEAARlpM?format=jpg&name=large]

Mavs basketball is back!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
my body is ready

[Image: F7pv-KQakAAaedZ?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Like Reply
Well it is past midnight so this is now obligatory

(even if Earl K Sneed is in that ad, which I just noticed)

I'm off work today so I'm going to get a pizza and some beer and watch it with my brother
Like Reply
https://x.com/thesteinline/status/170992...97344?s=46&t=-bN4oD2OLU_Ue80HIM_CZQ

Kyrie
Luka
OMax
Grant
Lively

to start
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Will stream live on mavs.com
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 09:10 AM)MFFL Wrote: Will stream live on mavs.com

video quality looking good so far
Like Reply
Game is being livestreamed at mavs.com.

Starting lineup:

Luka
Kyrie
Omax
G-Will
Lively

THJ-right hamstring soreness
DJJ-illness
Mike Miles Jr-illness

all out
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I'm streaming fine from mavs.com on my iPhone, but my windows computer on Chrome it won't load? Technology is dumb.
Like Reply
GWILL outta nowhere with a block!!!!!!
Like Reply
Mavs are switching everything on the perimeter. Not a fan of the first few possessions on offense. More of the same Luka/Kyrie iso stuff. No one else touching the ball.

Lively is getting pushed around in the paint.
Like Reply
I don't wanna say I expected the Mavs not making a single field goal in the first 6 minutes of game time, but I'm not surprised...
Like Reply
Off to a bad start. Not making shots.
Like Reply
Luka literally doing everything.

Powell bricks a wide open layup. Glad to see Mavs havent changed.
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 11:22 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't wanna say I expected the Mavs not making a single field goal in the first 6 minutes of game time, but I'm not surprised...

Not concerned about the result. Really concerned about the way it happened. I thought last years offense lacked creativity and movement but so far it is even worse. Two play calls. Luka iso. Kyrie iso. That's it. No penetration. No off ball movement. Contested 3 after contested 3.

I get that with all the new players it will take some time to develop chemistry but to do that they have to involve other players on offense.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Guess Luka hasn't learned to play off the ball yet...

Wolves don't even have Antman. Out with a tweaked ankle.
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 11:28 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not concerned about the result. Really concerned about the way it happened. I thought last years offense lacked creativity and movement but so far it is even worse. Two play calls. Luka iso. Kyrie iso. That's it. No penetration. No off ball movement. Contested 3 after contested 3.

I get that with all the new players it will take some time to develop chemistry but to do that they have to involve other players on offense.

Good observation. The offense does look as stagnant as ever.

At some point Kidd has to run something other than side action PnR and iso's. This offense is horrendous.

Where is Budenholzer?

Side note, Josh Green with an incredible pass.
Like Reply
(10-05-2023, 11:31 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Good observation. The offense does look as stagnant as ever.

At some point Kidd has to run something other than side action PnR and iso's. This offense is horrendous.

Where is Budenholzer?

Side note, Josh Green with an incredible pass.

"I'm not the savior here. I'm not playing, I'm watching, just like you guys."
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, MaxiThreeba, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Looks like the same movie I saw last year.
Like Reply
Well that could have gone a little better
Like Reply
Just missed a lot of open shots. Minny unusually hot.

Things even out.
Like Reply