Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expectations for 23/24 season
I just don't know how to predict this year. Maybe that's why I'm so intrigued/excited.

I LOVE the off-season. On paper, I think I see a team that will get stronger and more confident as the season progresses and end up playing like a 50-win team by the end, whether they hit that number or not.

On the other hand, I think they might have one of the worst coaches in the NBA. I wouldn't be shocked if they were just as bad as last season.

My hunch is that the Vegas projection is about right in terms of wins, but how they get there will go a long way to determine my enjoyment of the season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(09-22-2023, 11:14 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I just don't know how to predict this year. Maybe that's why I'm so intrigued/excited.

I LOVE the off-season. On paper, I think I see a team that will get stronger and more confident as the season progresses and end up playing like a 50-win team by the end, whether they hit that number or not.

On the other hand, I think they might have one of the worst coaches in the NBA. I wouldn't be shocked if they were just as bad as last season.

My hunch is that the Vegas projection is about right in terms of wins, but how they get there will go a long way to determine my enjoyment of the season.
Yeah it is tough.  I will go on record that I will enjoy watching this team much more than last years team.   We will see though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
This felon is scaring me quite frankly. 20 game swing depending on whether or not someone throws a yogurt at him.

Bad Kidd - 35 wins          Neutral Kidd - 45 wins          Good Kidd - 55 wins
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(09-22-2023, 11:58 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I will go on record that I will enjoy watching this team much more than last years team.

Good call. I'm pretty comfortable making that prediction for myself, too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I'm kinda surprised there aren't more people freaking out about Luka's leg
No answers, no details. Seems like a major issue brewing to me
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(09-22-2023, 12:27 PM)Jym Wrote: I'm kinda surprised there aren't more people freaking out about Luka's leg
No answers, no details. Seems like a major issue brewing to me

Well, hopefully no answers, no details = good answers, good details. 

But yeah, it's concerning.
Like Reply
(09-18-2023, 09:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is that your honest prediction, or are you just intending to convey that your expectations are high, regardless of any excuses? 

I honestly think it might be that good by the end, but Jason Kidd's hands being in the pie cause me to stop short of actually expecting/predicting it.

My expectation based on having two stars jelled, a little more balance in the roster, and about where any competent front office should have a team this far into the career of a GOAT level player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply