Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia
Schroeder is so good for Germany.

Bonga is really making Doncic work. So many tools. 30 years ago with man-to-man defense he´d have had a 15 year NBA career, but with no shooting and poor team defense awarness, he´s just a theoretical stud.

Could probably have gotten Theis and Schroeder easily this summer. These two off the bench would have been nice to have.
Like Reply
Bonga just took Luka´s soul. Schroeder putting on a clinic.

Let´s call Bayern Munich. Mavs get Bonga. They get some of our two-way guys to develop in EuroLeague.
Like Reply
So it´s either

Germany vs. Spain or Latvia (if Canada wins)

Slovenia vs. Canada or Latvia (if Spain wins)

in the QFs.
Like Reply
(09-03-2023, 07:27 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: So it´s either

Germany vs. Spain or Latvia (if Canada wins)

Slovenia vs. Canada or Latvia (if Spain wins)

in the QFs.

Latvia won. Since it looks like Slovenia will lose, we play Latvia if Spain wins or Canada if Canada wins.
Like Reply
(09-03-2023, 07:30 AM)omahen Wrote: Latvia won. Since it looks like Slovenia will lose, we play Latvia if Spain wins or Canada if Canada wins.

Yeah, that´s what my post was meant to say. 

Honestly looking at this Team Germany shows you that there is still value in the NBA market. Would have cost next to nothing to get Mo Wagner, Theis and Schroeder this summer. Sad
Like Reply
(09-03-2023, 07:54 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yeah, that´s what my post was meant to say. 

Honestly looking at this Team Germany shows you that there is still value in the NBA market. Would have cost next to nothing to get Mo Wagner, Theis and Schroeder this summer. Sad

Theis would have been a cheap trade target but Schroder and Wagner signed relatively big contracts. Wagner 2/16. Schroder 2/25. Wouldn´t touch Schroder's contract.

Looking at Latvia. Does anyone know why Kurucs lost his rotation spot/minutes with the Nets. He had a solid rookie season but basically didn´t play after the Nets added Durant, Irving and Harden. Now he is back europe. Might be the best defender of the tournament.
Like Reply
Wow, it looked certain Canada will lose, but they pull it off against Spain. So, Slovenia-Canada in the quarterfinals. It will be a very interesting game. Canada with some great wing defenders and one of the best players on the tournament. Very, very difficult game for Slovenia.

Also, first loss for team USA against Lithuania. No idea how they could allow to receive 110 points.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Luka's thigh issue is worrying me more than anything.
Is it something hamstring related? I don't get how an injury from early March is still bothering him. Even before this tournament in a press conference he admitted it wasn't 100% and it would "be a while" before it was. So what the hell is going on with it?
Like Reply
(09-03-2023, 12:06 PM)Jym Wrote: Luka's thigh issue is worrying me more than anything.
Is it something hamstring related? I don't get how an injury from early March is still bothering him. Even before this tournament in a press conference he admitted it wasn't 100% and it would "be a while" before it was. So what the hell is going on with it?

That's the downside to international players, though I suppose even Americans are involved in this summer/fall stuff pretty often, nowadays. 

I know the situations in Germany and Slovenia are quite different, with the population of Slovenia being much lower and their love of basketball much higher, but at what point did Cuban finally talk Dirk into skipping most of his national team events? Does anyone remember how old he was when he started holding out of that stuff?
Like Reply
(09-03-2023, 12:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's the downside to international players, though I suppose even Americans are involved in this summer/fall stuff pretty often, nowadays. 

I know the situations in Germany and Slovenia are quite different, with the population of Slovenia being much lower and their love of basketball much higher, but at what point did Cuban finally talk Dirk into skipping most of his national team events? Does anyone remember how old he was when he started holding out of that stuff?

Dirk took a break from national team events after the 2008 Olympics. Did not play in the 2009 eurobaskets and 2010 world cup. Returned after the championship in 2011.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Schröder is a douchebag and his ego has no limits. He would have demanded being the main PG here. Sure, if you want Luka to leave, sign Schröder. You remember that guy called Rondo? =]

(I'am from Germany btw)
Like Reply
(09-04-2023, 06:09 AM)phiL Wrote: Schröder is a douchebag and his ego has no limits. He would have demanded being the main PG here. Sure, if you want Luka to leave, sign Schröder. You remember that guy called Rondo? =]

(I'am from Germany btw)

I just remember Dirk being against a Schroeder move while he was here (or something to that effect). If Dirk doesn't speak highly of you I'd never want the dude on my team.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Jmaciscool, Jym, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(09-04-2023, 01:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I just remember Dirk being against a Schroeder move while he was here (or something to that effect). If Dirk doesn't speak highly of you I'd never want the dude on my team.

Especially when the dude is someone Dirk is in a unique position to know well, having played with him.
Like Reply
After watching him in the last few games I am more interested in Bonga. His defense on Luka was as good as it gets and in he isn´t as much of a liability on offense as he used to be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Halfnir
Like Reply
Germany survives a stinker (quote Coach Herbert) as Bertans misses the potentially game winning 3.
Bad offensive game from the backcourt with the exception of Obst (Schroeder 4/26, Bonga 1/5, Lo 2/5), but the frontcourt saved them.

Now play USA in the semis.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/AravantinosDA/status...6812560602

Bertans misses at the buzzer.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Krisplashed/status/1...3333884092

I Love Haliburton's game.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/...4577631483?

part two.
Like Reply
Canada is just a better team. Slovenia was able to hold for a half mostly because of great shooting.
Like Reply
Slovenia lost against Canada 89-100

Luka ejected in Q4 (2 technicals for complaining)
Dillon Brooks also ejected.

Must say Luka is really leaving a bad impression in this World Cup. The basketball magic and joy is gone, the always complaining, whiny kid stays. Not very likeable ...
[-] The following 2 users Like Halfnir's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply