Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 6.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
89.47%
17 89.47%
Kings
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 23: SAC (9-13) @ DAL (16-7) | 106-110 loss
(12-08-2019, 09:46 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: It's so fitting that this game ends with only 1 action to watch on the court, by 3 referees, and as CLEAR a foul call, that is called all the time...one of the most transparent bush league things...the elbow tap...that has been a point of emphasis for referees before in this league...

Goes uncalled.

Fire ALL of these morons.  There's nothing that I hate more than NBA officiating.... Its one thing to miss a call that's a tough call to make, but that was a clear, CLEAR foul to anyone in the stands, unbiased.

To have to use a charge on Jackson's shot...
To shoot 8 FTS with the COMPLETELY ignored calls in that game...

I don't care if we would have won at the end, I'd still say this.  The NBA officating crews are about as incompetent as I have ever seen...

Whether it's ignoring LeBron just picking up the ball and walking with it...or Dwight Howard just bear-hugging Seth Curry....
Or just being COMPLETELY ignorant of a simple rule that the CASUAL FAN knows, like inbounding the ball off the freakin rim and not having anyone else on the floor touch it before you do....

I've seen it all, but even more, I've seen it all THIS SEASON.  It's not just an honest miss or an honest mistake, it's incompetence that they are getting 6 figures to fail at on national TV.

This is terrible.
I agree that the refs aren't near as good as they should be and I don't like how they aren't held accountable for their mistakes. They should get fines for missed calls. There should be some type of other penalties to hold them accountable. NFL refs are pretty bad also. It's hard to believe that they are truly the best of the best.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:54 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 09:46 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: It's so fitting that this game ends with only 1 action to watch on the court, by 3 referees, and as CLEAR a foul call, that is called all the time...one of the most transparent bush league things...the elbow tap...that has been a point of emphasis for referees before in this league...

Goes uncalled.

Fire ALL of these morons.  There's nothing that I hate more than NBA officiating.... Its one thing to miss a call that's a tough call to make, but that was a clear, CLEAR foul to anyone in the stands, unbiased.

To have to use a charge on Jackson's shot...
To shoot 8 FTS with the COMPLETELY ignored calls in that game...

I don't care if we would have won at the end, I'd still say this.  The NBA officating crews are about as incompetent as I have ever seen...

Whether it's ignoring LeBron just picking up the ball and walking with it...or Dwight Howard just bear-hugging Seth Curry....
Or just being COMPLETELY ignorant of a simple rule that the CASUAL FAN knows, like inbounding the ball off the freakin rim and not having anyone else on the floor touch it before you do....

I've seen it all, but even more, I've seen it all THIS SEASON.  It's not just an honest miss or an honest mistake, it's incompetence that they are getting 6 figures to fail at on national TV.

This is terrible.
I agree that the refs aren't near as good as they should be and I don't like how they aren't held accountable for their mistakes. They should get fines for missed calls. There should be some type of other penalties to hold them accountable. NFL refs are pretty bad also. It's hard to believe that they are truly the best of the best.

When was the last time a referee was out and out fired?  Donaghy?
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:49 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: More specifically the western conference finals. He really played well and was scoring a good amount. The previous series, he was about like now. I won't be disappointed if he gets traded. I'm not saying he should be, but he was given a chance for a bigger role here and didn't seize it. That's on him.

He literally only had 1 good game.

Overall, he shot 35% from the field, and 38% from three in the WCF. Averaging 6 ppg, 2 rpg, and 2 apg in 23 mins per game.

Remember, Portland got swept; definitely not Seth's fault but he contributed to that poor play.
Like Reply
There’s no excuse for a lot of these blatant missed calls as well as the game to game and in game officiating inconsistencies.

Beyond the missed calls that Bama pointed out, why is one thing a foul in the 1st minute but not the 48th? Why is one play an on the floor foul in the 1st quarter but an And-1 in the 4th? Why can big players get mauled and get no calls but Harden can jump 4 feet forward into a defender on a 3 pointer and it’s a foul?

Put a 4th ref on the court if that’s what it takes to get the calls right, just make it better.
Like Reply
Can't win every game but damn. What a waste of game from THJ. We're gonna need more of that next week.
Like Reply
Hate that in a game we played poorly that I have to complain about the refs. but they were pretty poor all night.  Missing that last foul on Luka for the game tying shot was just inexcusable.  The fact that this is more than a couple games that the mavs have gotten hosed at the end just makes it worse.  Generally, the reffing has been pretty solid this year, but for some reason, in tight games, we have been getting messed over.  Waiting for the 2min report with the "i'm sorry we messed up" message.
Like Reply
I was one of the 2 people that voted for a Kings victory (incoming eggs and tomatoes)

Anyways, I did not feel like the Mavs would have the juice today, and before today, the Kings are playing like 0.800 ball at our AAC.

I'm not going to complain about the no-call on the last Luka play, because we did not come ready to play, and they took advantage of it.

The Kings are stacked.  When they get Fox and M. Bagley reintegrated, they will be a tough, tough team to deal with.

Silver lining, this loss could help the Mavs sharpen their focus to help them over the next few against the top teams in the East.
Like Reply
Defensive Rating last 12 games:

Maxi on the court: 98
Maxi off the court: 109

Mavs starting lineup: 113
Like Reply
(12-09-2019, 01:13 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Defensive Rating last 12 games:

Maxi on the court: 98
Maxi off the court: 109

Mavs starting lineup: 113

Problem is that the same can be said about Powells offensive rating. Great to have both. I still prefer Klebers skillset but with KP struggling on offense it makes sense to start Powell.
I think RC figured out how to use both. Against easy matchups Powell gets more minutes and the Mavs take advantage of his offense. Against tougher matchups Kleber gets more minutes. Remember the game against Toronto? Maxi played 38 minutes. RC adjusted the rotation and matched his minutes with Siakams.
Like Reply