Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Draft Prospects
Lets start with another 7'3 european playmaker. Feels like we get one of them each year. Not as mobile as some of the unicorns. But already an awesome passer. Real Jokic/Sengun vibes.
Even more interesting. We finally will see one of them in college basketball. He is going to play for UCLA next season.

https://twitter.com/DraftLabNBA/status/1...4474984448

https://twitter.com/DraftLabNBA/status/1...0574574592
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Cooper Flagg is a 2025 prospect, but he is already garnering some serious attention and is arguably the best HS player in the country already. High end projection would be a rich man's AK-47 which would make him an absolute monster in this era

Carlos Boozer's son also looks crazy good, but that's 2025 as well. 2025 looks more like the year for American prospects
Like Reply
2024 draft. Sheesh I still remember the Simba draft like it was yesterday. Time just flies by.
Like Reply
(08-10-2023, 04:39 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Cooper Flagg is a 2025 prospect, but he is already garnering some serious attention and is arguably the best HS player in the country already. High end projection would be a rich man's AK-47 which would make him an absolute monster in this era

Carlos Boozer's son also looks crazy good, but that's 2025 as well. 2025 looks more like the year for American prospects

Flagg reclassified to 2024 in the last few days.  Already saying he's the top pick. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-bas...g5z93jc1ym
Like Reply
Figured I'd bump this so we can all talk about March Madness and the players we're liking.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-17-2023, 12:50 PM)Hooper21 Wrote: Flagg reclassified to 2024 in the last few days.  Already saying he's the top pick. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-bas...g5z93jc1ym

The article you linked says

"With his reclassification, Flagg will now be eligible for the 2025 NBA Draft (as opposed to the 2026 NBA Draft if he remained in high school for two more seasons).

Flagg instantly becomes the projected No. 1 overall pick in the 2025 NBA Draft with his decision to reclassify."
Like Reply
First round, the most NBA-ready player I saw was Tyon Grant-Foster of Grand Canyon U. Formerly at Kansas, then Marquette, then heart surgeries. Now a 24 year old projected to go in the second round. Looks a lot like Andrew Wiggins to me.

By the way, Grand Canyon is 30-4 on the year, 2-0 vs. ranked teams.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
K.J. Adams Jr(Kansas, 6'7, 235lbs, Forward) looks to have very good defensive footwork, stays in front of his man, keeps arms up in air so refs cant call easy, ticky tacky fouls and also doesnt bite at pump fakes and stays grounded instead of getting airborn where fouls are easily called.

Does anyone know anything about this kid. I watched him for only a few minutes and his defense stuck out to me and also looked decent height(6'7).

Maybe I dont know what I am talking about. I do know that I would coach kids to keep hands up in the air and to stay grounded instead of jumping for blocked shots. When I watch guys defend that have good footwork, keep arms up in air and dont bite at pump fakes....they are always giving ball handler trouble.

EDT: Looked him up to see if he is on any draft lists...lol...dont see him. Maybe I have a bad eye for defensive footwork. He is a Junior too which is concerning.
Like Reply
(03-24-2024, 08:40 AM)youzigizag Wrote: K.J. Adams Jr(Kansas, 6'7, 235lbs, Forward) looks to have very good defensive footwork, stays in front of his man, keeps arms up in air so refs cant call easy, ticky tacky fouls and also doesnt bite at pump fakes and stays grounded instead of getting airborn where fouls are easily called.

Does anyone know anything about this kid.  I watched him for only a few minutes and his defense stuck out to me and also looked decent height(6'7).

Maybe I dont know what I am talking about.  I do know that I would coach kids to keep hands up in the air and to stay grounded instead of jumping for blocked shots.  When I watch guys defend that have good footwork, keep arms up in air and dont bite at pump fakes....they are always giving ball handler trouble.

EDT: Looked him up to see if he is on any draft lists...lol...dont see him. Maybe I have a bad eye for defensive footwork.  He is a Junior too which is concerning.

I watched very little college basketball this year but his name popped up to me last year.  I was expecting bigger #'s for him.   He is probably best suited for a small ball 5.  The issue is he may be too small for that.   He is a pretty good rim runner in college.   It may be tough for him to do that in the pros due to his size.   

I was impressed with Baylor Sheireman last night.  Nice skills. Good rebounder and likes to get the rebound and run with it.  Sort of gave me some Dante Exum/Joe Ingles feel.   I have no idea if he can play defense.  I guess probably not great or he would be rated much higher.
Like Reply
It is weird how the game has changed. I see a really good player in college but then see he is only 6'1 or 6'2 and I mostly move on. Then I watch Oregon last night and they have a 6'9 freshman named Kwame Evans who scored 0 points and I am thinking he looks interesting in todays NBA...despite being not nearly good as some smaller players at his current stage. Sort of depressing
Like Reply
Minus Kyrie and some lineup tinkering, you could use Dallas in this as well.

https://twitter.com/JordanBrenner/status...9070418990
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(03-24-2024, 09:05 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is weird how the game has changed.  I see a really good player in college but then see he is only 6'1 or 6'2 and I mostly move on.  Then I watch Oregon last night and they have a 6'9 freshman named Kwame Evans who scored 0 points and I am thinking he looks interesting in todays NBA...despite being not nearly good as some smaller players at his current stage.  Sort of depressing

Before Nico, when Dallas had a bunch of guys with major fundamental flaws,  I was pounding the drum around here to choose the BASKETBALL PLAYER over the POTENTIAL PLAYER.

My main argument was to choose the guy that was 6'3 or 6'4 that could play basketball over the 6'7 to 6'10 guy with potential but very flawed.

Luckily we only have a few guys left with major issues in their game...so I wouldnt care about taking a risk on potential now.
Like Reply
(03-24-2024, 08:49 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I watched very little college basketball this year but his name popped up to me last year.  I was expecting bigger #'s for him.   He is probably best suited for a small ball 5.  The issue is he may be too small for that.   He is a pretty good rim runner in college.   It may be tough for him to do that in the pros due to his size.   

I was impressed with Baylor Sheireman last night.  Nice skills. Good rebounder and likes to get the rebound and run with it.  Sort of gave me some Dante Exum/Joe Ingles feel.   I have no idea if he can play defense.  I guess probably not great or he would be rated much higher.

He is interesting. But if he could play D, Cousinard probably wouldn’t have gone off like he did.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Kolek from Marquette is interesting. He has some Brunson in him. I don’t think he has the upside but I think he is a solid backup point. Maybe more if he can learn to compensate going against elite point guard athletes.
Like Reply
de Silva from Colorado looked like pro in these tourney games. Good size with nice skills. Williams is nicked as a high lottery pick. His brother is Jdub from OKC.
He looks very raw but has the body type everyone is looking for.
Like Reply
Shead is a bad MFer. That is all.
Like Reply
(03-24-2024, 11:53 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Kolek from Marquette is interesting.  He has some Brunson in him.  I don’t think he has the upside but I think he is a solid backup point.  Maybe more if he can learn to compensate going against elite point guard athletes.

Kolek reminds me a lot of Kendall Marshall if you remember him.

He could easily become TJ McConnell or is out of the league in 2 years. No in between.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 01:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kolek reminds me a lot of Kendall Marshall if you remember him.

He could easily become TJ McConnell or is out of the league in 2 years. No in between.

Marshall was such a fun college PG to watch.  He just didn't have the athleticism or shooting to make it in the NBA.  You can carve out a career deficient in one of those areas, but not both.

Doug Gottlieb and Pepe Sanchez were similar.  Ran the hell out of their college offenses, just didn't have the needed skill/athleticism to play at the next level.
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 02:09 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Marshall was such a fun college PG to watch.  He just didn't have the athleticism or shooting to make it in the NBA.  You can carve out a career deficient in one of those areas, but not both.

Doug Gottlieb and Pepe Sanchez were similar.  Ran the hell out of their college offenses, just didn't have the needed skill/athleticism to play at the next level.

WOAH!!!!! What. A. Throwback!!!

I haven't heard those names in years. I can definitely see the parallels between Sanchez/Gottlieb/Kolek. But Kolek surprised me a bit so far. He seems to make the right pass consistently but can also put the ball on the floor and shoot it. Neither of which were Sanchez and Gottlieb's forte.
Like Reply
Best guy on Creighton is Kalkbrenner. Best shot blocker I’ve seen in awhile. Lively-like prospect who is older with a better shot
Like Reply