Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitter
Does anyone else has problems today, or is it just me? I can see a single tweet, following a link. If I try to go to (for example) Adrian Wojnarowski home tweeter page, I just receive the "something went wrong. Try reloading" message. Same for every twitter home page.
Like Reply
(07-12-2023, 01:15 PM)omahen Wrote: Does anyone else has problems today, or is it just me? I can see a single tweet, following a link. If I try to go to (for example) Adrian Wojnarowski home tweeter page, I just receive the "something went wrong. Try reloading" message. Same for every twitter home page.

Sucks for you, dude, because the biggest news of the summer just dropped!

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1679190868216135680?s=61&t=Zmns3TEXDYnIJIXeN05-eQ
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(07-12-2023, 01:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sucks for you, dude, because the biggest news of the summer just dropped!

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1679190868216135680?s=61&t=Zmns3TEXDYnIJIXeN05-eQ
I expected a rick roll, not far off!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-12-2023, 01:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sucks for you, dude, because the biggest news of the summer just dropped!

As I said, I can see such a thing Smile I just can't go to nba central and find it myself. Some nice guys on some boards need to post me a link Smile

Problem is, I like finding stuff myself Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(07-12-2023, 01:15 PM)omahen Wrote: Does anyone else has problems today, or is it just me? I can see a single tweet, following a link. If I try to go to (for example) Adrian Wojnarowski home tweeter page, I just receive the "something went wrong. Try reloading" message. Same for every twitter home page.

I'm pretty sure Elon Musk instituted a bunch of limits on who can view twitter.

If you don't have an account you can either view a single tweet (if you clicked a link direct to it) if you're lucky, or nothing at all.

If you're a brand new account you're rate limited in how much you can see. The more senior your account the more Twitter you can use.

Musk claims its for weeding out bots, but others have claimed that he can't afford server space. Who knows?

He also changed API protocols for twitter which makes plug-ins for sites like ours incredibly more difficult (although not impossible).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-12-2023, 01:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm pretty sure Elon Musk instituted a bunch of limits on who can view twitter.

If you don't have an account you can either view a single tweet (if you clicked a link direct to it) if you're lucky, or nothing at all.

If you're a brand new account you're rate limited in how much you can see. The more senior your account the more Twitter you can use.

Musk claims its for weeding out bots, but others have claimed that he can't afford server space. Who knows?

It worked fine until today (and the other day when everyone had problems). That is why I am asking.
Like Reply
(07-12-2023, 01:40 PM)omahen Wrote: It worked fine until today (and the other day when everyone had problems). That is why I am asking.

Yeah its been an intermittent mess since July 1st. I'm surprised you haven't had an issue until now.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Elon is the biggest idiot on the planet.
Like Reply
I was able to see the Ryan Brokeoff retirement announcement...but I usually can only see about half of the twitter things. I'm not signed up there. I don't know if that is the reason.
Like Reply
(07-12-2023, 03:05 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Elon is the biggest idiot on the planet.

Elon is the richest man on the planet Smile
Like Reply
Pretty sure when he tried to block all links from Threads and Substack it created that issue where you only see the single tweet on a link you click. It's become quite the mess, I don't see this ending well for Elon, twitter is just going to turn into a weird 4chan sort of place at this rate.

Sidenote, after messing around with Stein's substack, I honestly just wish every NBA writer used that medium. It's got long form, short form and chat engagement which Stein used well and others just kind of used as a group chat when he was away.
Like Reply