Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Woj: Mavs sign Seth Curry for 2yrs w/BAE
[Image: Fz6jimPaIAA6vrM?format=jpg&name=large]

Welcome back Seth!!!!!!!

14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Tyler
Like Reply
Quote:https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...4834660355

Seth Curry is the new Devin Harris

7/15/2016 - Signs with Dallas Mavericks
7/10/2019 - Signs with Dallas Mavericks
6/30/2023 - Signs with Dallas Mavericks

Where is Mak!! He has his new guy.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
should've never let him go in the first place.

it wouldnt surprise me if we see dfs back at some point. cuban is always looking to fix his mistakes.
Like Reply
Oh… wanting to know the details… hoping it doesn’t use up any of the MLE
Like Reply
Hoping to hear it's the BAE

But would be such a classic Mavs move to split the MLE between Curry and Powell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • soog
Like Reply
Seth is like the poor battered woman that just keeps going right back to her husband. I'm sure at his press conference Seth will say: "I tripped and fell." Or the ""He didn't mean to do it."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bayliss's post:
  • RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon
·
38s
Sources: The Mavericks used their $4-plus million biannual exception on Seth Curry, a 43.5% career 3-point shooter returning for his third stint in Dallas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • soog
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:06 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon
·
38s
Sources: The Mavericks used their $4-plus million biannual exception on Seth Curry, a 43.5% career 3-point shooter returning for his third stint in Dallas.

Amazing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes soog's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Ok that's a win.
And now you can easily trade THJ and/or Bullock
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Im over the moon with this signing. I've been missing Seth's consistent elite shooting now for 2 years. I was dejected when they gave him up for Richardson and even more sad when Richardson was big ass while Seth just continued to be a lights out shooter on a value contract.

Now he's back, on an even more value contract.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:07 PM)Jym Wrote: Ok that's a win.
And now you can easily trade THJ and/or Bullock

I keep forgetting Bullock is on the team. I’ve already traded him in my mind so many times.
Like Reply
Massive W. Now get THJ's ass out of here.
[-] The following 7 users Like cow's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, MFFL, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I like the signing, especially if it’s more of a glorified Dragic role that was pitched last year. 

One thing that hasn’t been said around here for a long time is, I hope Curry has started shooting more contested 3’s since he left (I think I remember hearing he did better in Phi). I reeeeeeally didn’t like that about him, almost as if he was sacrificing the possible score to preserve his shooting %.

He and Hardy on the court together will be fine to get Luka and Kyrie some time on the bench together. I do wonder how it works with one of Luka or Kyrie injured though. Not so sure I like either being a PG for that long a stretch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Its a solid pickup, but it doesn't help the defense. And the thing is everyone is looking at defense for the starting lineup, but the bench unit needs it also even if not as much. Prob not much better you could do with this slot though.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:40 AM)Dundalis Wrote: Its a solid pickup, but it doesn't help the defense. And the thing is everyone is looking at defense for the starting lineup, but the bench unit needs it also even if not as much. Prob not much better you could do with this slot though.

They added two defensive guys in the draft though there were better offensive players to be had. You need both offense and defense. This team let tons of open shots go to waste last season. Having a threat like Curry opens up more space for Luka and Kyrie and anyone else on the floor. They should never have let Seth go in the first place. The only concern with Seth is that he can’t seem to stay healthy for long stretches.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 07:27 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: They added two defensive guys in the draft though there were better offensive players to be had. You need both offense and defense. This team let tons of open shots go to waste last season. Having a threat like Curry opens up more space for Luka and Kyrie and anyone else on the floor. They should never have let Seth go in the first place. The only concern with Seth is that he can’t seem to stay healthy for long stretches.

It´s a good deal. No reason to complain. But right now this feels like the football version of an NBA team. Without the option to make offense/defense subs.
Basically no two-way impact players on the roster. Either awesome offensive fire power and no defense. Or athletic defensive minded with big question marks on offense.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 07:37 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: It´s a good deal. No reason to complain. But right now this feels like the football version of an NBA team. Without the option to make offense/defense subs.
Basically no two-way impact players on the roster. Either awesome offensive fire power and no defense. Or athletic defensive minded with big question marks on offense.
Brooks, GWill and Horford added to an improved confidence Green. I’m liking it, just do it Nico!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 07:37 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: It´s a good deal. No reason to complain. But right now this feels like the football version of an NBA team. Without the option to make offense/defense subs.

Every team is looking for two way talent. It’s not easy to find.  Omax might be a two way guy.  Lively at least in his workouts showed a good jump shot and brings shot blocking from the center spot.  Like TC he is a lob threat immediately and one can hope that he might develop a jump shot from the corner. 

As for Seth we won a title with JJB and JeT playing significant roles.  Defense is important but making buckets is also very important. 

What the Mavs really need more than any acquisition is for Luka to be in shape, play hard on both ends even if it means sacrificing some offense , and stop constantly complaining.  You are not magically going to find great two way guys to surround him with when all teams are looking for those types.
Like Reply
Curry is sort of a reclamation project at this point, at best. He was terrible last year (-2.43 LEBRON). And, he’s getting old and is in decline. Plus, he’s short and the Mavs traded him in the first place because he couldn’t play defense. In truth, he was an underrated defender back then and that trade was a regrettable and obvious mistake. But now, he really can’t defend. His ideal role is as a spot player you bring in from time to time if you’re behind in a game and need to start hoisting three pointers. I’m not a fan of this blast from the past move. It’s pretty much irrelevant. But maybe part of the deal is that Luka and Kyrie both get a player. Whatever the Mavs do next will determine the success of the off-season.
Like Reply
I mean, it's the BAE, so whatever, but this team really doesn't need more players that can't defend. I like him, but going back to the well on players past their prime is something this team needs to stop doing.
Like Reply