Poll: How would you grade the deal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
64.29%
18 64.29%
B
35.71%
10 35.71%
C
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyrie Resigns 3/126
Free agent Kyrie Irving has agreed to a three-year, $126 million contract to return to the Dallas Mavericks, with a player option in third season,
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
learned.

THIS DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD. NICO PULLIN A RABBIT OUTTA THE HAT.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Free agent Kyrie Irving has agreed to a three-year, $126 million contract to return to the Dallas Mavericks, with a player option in third season,
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
learned.

THIS DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD. NICO PULLIN A RABBIT OUTTA THE HAT.

This is about as good as we could hope for.  It's also a very tradeable contract if we get to the TDL and it's just not working with him and Luka together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kidnova's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
Works out well for both sides, I think.
Like Reply
3 years is great
Like Reply
The fact the Mavs retained their all-star and got him at a reasonable deal already qualifies this summer as an A+
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
It could have started as low as 38.88888M.

But it might be at 40M with 5% raises.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Still not a tradeable contract on 126/3 with his injury history and mental problems, but the good news is that Irving has an incentive to behave for the next two years, so that he can opt out and sign his last big contract at age 33.

Another good sign. Seems Nico is actually putting in some work and thought, unlike Cuban and Donnie, who just threw a full five year max at Porzingis without second thought.

Now the real work begins.
Like Reply
Not a big fan of Kyrie, but the deal is very good given the circumstance. Short enough to mitigate risk of a sharp injury/age based decline and keep him tradable. Big enough to keep him him happy.

Will be interesting if he really stays in Dallas ...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Halfnir's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Hard to complain too much.
Glad it got done quickly and we can move on to the MLE and possible trades without any weird hangups
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KyrieIrving/status/1...26624?s=20

Big Shoutout to
My Agent Shetellia Riley Irving
and
My business manager Drederick Irving,
who did a great job throughout the whole entire process.
Thank you
A11EVEN MANAGEMENT FIRM

Hélà

https://twitter.com/cbamavs/status/16749...70400?s=46&t=Ofn9ihgBPdBFQJpnkEDS0A

Kyrie’s contract options

Max raises

2023-24: $38,888,889
2024-25: $42,000,000
2025-26: $45,111,111

Could also be flat

2023-24: $42,000,000
2025-26: $42,000,000

Max decline?

2023-24: $45,652,174
2025-26: $38,347,826

Or in between
Like Reply
Beal got 5/251.

This is an A signing
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
I should sign my emails with Hela
Like Reply
Didn’t love the trade, but this deal is fair, as long as he’s focused on holding up his end. Best case scenario so far, given where things were at the beginning of the summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
I see some Mavs Twitter are mad some are hating on this deal. I say relax. Kyrie has earned the doubt. He is definitely worth that contract just on the court but it is everything. Just enjoy that he resigned.

Question in 2 or 3 years how much of the conversation is if we would be letting Kyrie walk and giving the starting spot for Jaden?
Like Reply
I voted B. Maybe it should be A. But I will hold my A until I see how the next two years go Smile
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Didn’t love the trade, but this deal is fair, as long as he’s focused on holding up his end. Best case scenario so far, given where things were at the beginning of the summer.

This deal makes that trade way better.  It could still all fall apart, but now there is at least a chance that could turn out to be a good long term move.

(06-30-2023, 07:21 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I voted B.  Maybe it should be A.  But I will hold my A until I see how the next two years go Smile

I mean, that will always be the concern, but its hard to imagine an outcome better than this.  I think his trade value is higher right now that it would have been for an S&T.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
While Kyrie Irving had planned earlier in the day to meet with several teams about free agency, Dallas' 3-year, $126 million offer changed those plans. "We planned to take the meetings but decided that Dallas would be our place," his agent Shetellia Riley Irving told

(06-30-2023, 06:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Didn’t love the trade, but this deal is fair, as long as he’s focused on holding up his end. Best case scenario so far, given where things were at the beginning of the summer.

I was right with you regarding the trade, but this deal is short enough to where it gives Kyrie an incentive to not give into his mercurial tendencies. 

I think he'll all but decline the PO, which means this is a 2 year deal. I was expecting Kyrie to get 4/200 at the minimum and instead Kyrie is getting paid less than Fred VanVleet. 

Mavs finally got their steal of a deal AND resigned a player of theirs (which based on last years summer was a big problem this FO had).
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KyrieIrving/status/1...47238?s=20

Kyrie sticking up for himself and secondarily for Dallas.
Like Reply
This is not quite best case scenario, but it's close enough. This is a very tradeable contract in one year if things don't work out. Also as mentioned it will keep him motivated for a potential better contract in 2 years. Still a lot left to do.
Like Reply