Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Summer League | Mavs end off 4-1
Lively and Omax with suffocating defense.

Its incredible
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
That is the area Lively needs to improve on. If he doesn’t have space to jump and dunk. Finishing thru contact in the pain is a weakness. Something he will definitely need to spend time on.

I love everything about OMAX so far. Just seems like a guy you throw out there and he does positive things.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • audiosway, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Good move by Lawson with the and-1 there.

So far I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with Hardy's aggression. He's felt pretty passive. I want him to shoot 20 shots a game. He's had 2 great drives on Chet though
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Omax is great.

With a guy like that, it always comes down to can he knock down the open 3 at an acceptable clip.
Like Reply
And as I post that Hardy hits the side step 3 and makes me look stupid.

(07-08-2023, 03:36 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Omax is great.

With a guy like that, it always comes down to can he knock down the open 3 at an acceptable clip.

Exactly. He's hit 1 so far. If he can hit it at a 35% clip, no reason why Omax can't be a rotation player day 1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Good move by Lawson with the and-1 there.

So far I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with Hardy's aggression. He's felt pretty passive. I want him to shoot 20 shots a game. He's had 2 great drives on Chet though

I think it’s because they are trying to teach him how to play point guard. It’s probably the right move in summer league, because he is going to have to add at least some of that to his skill set to make it in the league. But, I think he would look better playing off of Luka or Kyrie right now.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • AgGiE1991, MFFL
Like Reply
Hardy looks bigger in the upper body. Looks like he will be able to take the pounding this year and probably dish some out
Like Reply
They let Lawson go once before. They better not do it again. Give him the Thybulle roster spot. Him and Omax look good together.

Lively has outstanding elite footwork, good feel for the game and makes good passes/reads. That combined with his size and wingspan already helps the defense, but his reaction times on rebounds and receiving passes seem pretty slow. I hope we don´t have a case of brick hands.
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:39 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: They let Lawson go once before. They better not do it again. Give him the Thybulle roster spot. Him and Omax look good together.

Lively has outstanding elite footwork, good feel for the game and makes good passes/reads. That combined with his size and wingspan already helps the defense, but his reaction times on rebounds and receiving passes seem pretty slow. I hope we don´t have a case of brick hands.

I agree, Lawson is looking good.

Had a similar thought about lively’s hands, but I think it’s just the speed of this game, not that his hands are bad.
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think it’s because they are trying to teach him how to play point guard. It’s probably the right move in summer league, because he is going to have to add at least some of that to his skill set to make it in the league. But, I think he would look better playing off of Luka or Kyrie right now.

Fair point.

I can see why they want to teach him PG duties, but I hope it doesn't give him role confusion. Hardy is a bucket.

The threes start raining as soon as Omax and Lively sit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I think we have matched up with our NBA players are on the floor. OKC stretches the lead when they are out though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mavs2021
Like Reply
Amazing how fast they lose the lead and it gets out of control when lively and Omax sit.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:44 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think we have matched up with our NBA players are on the floor.  OKC stretches the lead when they are out though.

It´s likely Mavs are trying to electrocute themselves. MIDGETS BAD. *shock* MIDGETS bad *shock* INSERT Lawson, Omax, Lively.
Like Reply
Ok, NOW I’m watching Wright. Yikes.
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ok, NOW I’m watching Wright. Yikes.

Had some hope for him but he's on his way to Europe or China
Like Reply
Lively and Omax with 2 great contests on three's back to back. Both misses.
Like Reply
(07-08-2023, 03:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ok, NOW I’m watching Wright. Yikes.

Yeah, he's not an option. In fact, it looks like maybe 4 players on the Mavs to about 8 for OKC who resemble NBA players
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
First time Lively got taken advantage of. Chet ate his physicality and made a nifty move.

Then right down again Lively reaches in.

Just contest!!

Did Kidd really repeat the "tyson was a 3 coming into the league" schtick again
Like Reply
Another fumbled pass in the paint. Lively’s hands have looked good on the roll, but not so much from the dunker’s spot. Needs to improve at that. Could just be expecting passes with more awareness.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Lively has been poor catching passes today. Simply no way around it. Also where the hell did they find all those bench players. They all look like they should be playing in the SL of SummerLeague. Miles Jr. looks too small.
Like Reply