Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: CP3 to Warriors, Poole to Wizards
Wild

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2023/6/22/2...ds-details
Like Reply
Wizards doing some good work. Getting a FRP and SRP. They can also try to rehab Poole and he'll have all the opportunity in the world to earn his contract number.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime, omahen
Like Reply
inb4 the Heat dump Herro in a similar deal
Like Reply
Real simple. They dealt Poole so they could resign Draymond. They couldn't pay them both.
Like Reply
Wow!

Pride swallowing for CP3, imho.

A) They aren't going to change their system, meaning he's not going to get a lot of screen and roll time, which is the skill he is perhaps the best ever at executing. Instead, he'll have to try to find ways to be effective within the golden state system. Not an easy adjustment at his age. This will probably be the first time in Paul's career that the offense isn't at least partially designed to fit his game ("partially" being a conservative take on it).

B) Because of A, I feel like he's definitely going to come off of the bench, and will probably play less than Poole did the past couple of seasons.

Wild stuff.

I wonder how this affects the Kuminga dangling...
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 04:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wow!

Pride swallowing for CP3, imho.

A) They aren't going to change their system, meaning he's not going to get a lot of screen and roll time, which is the skill he is perhaps the best ever at executing. Instead, he'll have to try to find ways to be effective within the golden state system. Not an easy adjustment at his age. This will probably be the first time in Paul's career that the offense isn't at least partially designed to fit his game ("partially" being a conservative take on it).

B) Because of A, I feel like he's definitely going to come off of the bench, and will probably play less than Poole did the past couple of seasons.

Wild stuff.

I wonder how this affects the Kuminga dangling...

I think it was purely a financial move by GS.  Poole was paid like a superstar, but didn't produce at that level.  Chris Paul rolls off the payroll in a year.  Whatever little bit of performance they can coax out of him this year is all gravy.

Washington took on a bloated salary, but acquired draft picks to compensate.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 04:50 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I think it was purely a financial move by GS.  Poole was paid like a superstar, but didn't produce at that level.  Chris Paul rolls off the payroll in a year.  Whatever little bit of performance they can coax out of him this year is all gravy.

That, too! So, even more pride swallowing.
Like Reply