Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In an alternate universe
We're all trying to convince ourselves that our DSJ/Barnes/WCJ core just needs one more piece and then we'll be a playoff team
Like Reply
(12-06-2019, 10:19 PM)Branduil Wrote: We're all trying to convince ourselves that our DSJ/Barnes/WCJ core just needs one more piece and then we'll be a playoff team

I bet we're paying Noel 17.5 mil a year to play 15 mpg in that universe too 

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Like Reply
unfortunately a very true story.  Huh
Like Reply
(12-06-2019, 10:27 PM)Jym Wrote: I bet we're paying Noel 17.5 mil a year to play 15 mpg in that universe too

At least we’d have the league leader in hotdogs per game though
Like Reply
Ugh! No, no, wake me up, wake me up!
Like Reply
This is horrible.
Like Reply
The only positive would be that Dirk wouldn't have retired. No way he leaves us to the fate of that trio. No offense to WCJ.
Like Reply
If we sit at 5, do we pick WCJ?  I thought the buzz was Bamba...  I want to find the alternate universe where the Mavs don't make the trade for Luka and see how that draft plays out.  Does ATL draft him?  Do they STILL draft Trae? If so, Does MEM draft luka or does he still fall to us?  I need the Alt universe police to answer this.
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 12:29 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: If we sit at 5, do we pick WCJ?  I thought the buzz was Bamba...  I want to find the alternate universe where the Mavs don't make the trade for Luka and see how that draft plays out.  Does ATL draft him?  Do they STILL draft Trae? If so, Does MEM draft luka or does he still fall to us?  I need the Alt universe police to answer this.

I could be pulling this from my rear end, but I seem to remember that the Mavs really liked WCJ.  Most of the Bamba buzz was posters on the old site.  

I wanted BagLady and wanted no part of Luka (mostly because I thought the pressure of being a Euro would be too much for him following in Dirk's footsteps).  I love being wrong.
Like Reply
Or we could be talking about a young core of DSJ, WCJ, and Zion.  Because without Luka, maybe we don't pull off the Porzingis trade. Meaning we keep our Tank Commander Wesley Matthews. We end up with the #1 pick and grab Zion.

In the off season: Matthews, Dirk, Deandre all expiring. Barnes opted out. We don't extend Powell... What do we do with all that free agency money? Maybe they pursue Kemba harder. Does Kyrie/ Durant look our way? ...What about Leonard if we can pull off the Paul George trade? Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Vucevic? All in play.. Since we're talking alternate universe i'm going with this.

Kyrie Irving
DSJ
Durant
Zion
Wendell Carter JR.

or

Kemba
DSJ
Jimmy Butler
Zion
WCJ
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 12:29 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: If we sit at 5, do we pick WCJ?  I thought the buzz was Bamba...  I want to find the alternate universe where the Mavs don't make the trade for Luka and see how that draft plays out.  Does ATL draft him?  Do they STILL draft Trae? If so, Does MEM draft luka or does he still fall to us?  I need the Alt universe police to answer this.

Really interesting question that there's no way we'll ever get the answer too unless someone from Atlanta goes out for a night then decides to talk to some cameras like he's Jerry Jones.

I bet Luka doesn't get by Memphis either way.
Like Reply
I didn't think we had a shot at Doncic. I was pretty much all in with a DSJ/Bamba duo for the next 10 years.
Like Reply
IIRC RC said in our first Chicago game last season that they liked WCJ and were gonna draft him if it wasn't for the trade.Would have been a mistake if we picked him over Trae, but right call over Bamba
I think WCJ will be a very good starting big for the next decade or so. 

Regarding OP, I think people are ignoring the butterfly effect that would have happened. May be we develop WCJ better, trade for KP (Mavs tried to get him before Luka, it was rumored we tried to trade for him for 2 years before the trade happened) and get Morant and be all excited about what we have right now. Plenty of variables could have happened.
Like Reply
I would hate to live in alternate universe if I would know, how our present universe looks like...
Like Reply
LOL there is no alternate universe where the mavericks ever get the number one pick. Don't kid yourself.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 12:54 PM)bin610 Wrote: LOL there is no alternate universe where the mavericks ever get the number one pick. Don't kid yourself.
Hehe, truer words and all.
Like Reply
Alternate universe? This already happened. 

Dennis "Rookie of the Year, Future Alpha Dawg Superstar, Hall of Famer" Smith Junior.

Harrison "All-Star Caliber, Extend Him To Long Term Contract" Barnes.

Didn't matter who we drafted in 2018, we were already set!! Just needed a role player to compliment these franchise cornerstones.
Like Reply