Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charania: Kyrie Reaches out to Lebron to team up in DAL. Lebron: I'll think about it
(06-05-2023, 05:12 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think there are three ways to look at this:

1.  Kyrie is just having some fun

2. This is a leverage play...'get Kyrie here or I might force my way out'.  We've kind of played out the Kyrie to Laker scenarios ad nauseum already.  So, no fund in repeating that.

3. There is some world in which this is real (like a tweet I read said, this was the grand plan all along).  McGee has to stay (he was part of the grand plan.  Hardy (Klutch) has to go (Klutch will insist on Hardy getting shots and that won't happen on the LD/KI/LJ Mav's). 

So, if those are the parameters, how do you help LA build around AD, Rui, Vanderbilt, Reaves and Hardy?  Picks?  Yep.  Expiring contracts like Bertans and/or Reggie?  Yep.  THJ?  Probably not.  You need about $8.44mm in addition to Hardy/Bertans/Reggie (plus picks).

We have to take into account that Shams is not nobody. This is not just a wild rumor. So, why would he publish this? Who is his source?

A simple truth scenario is not realistic for me. Players reach out to one another all the time. My problem with this - there is nothing big in this if it is just what was literally said - Irving reached out. Why would a guy like Shams bring it out? He is not just a simple click-bait artist. There has to be more. Either its LeBron pushing for Kyrie or there actually is something behind it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charania: Kyrie Reaches out to Lebron to team up in DAL - by omahen - 06-06-2023, 06:03 AM