Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavsboard update for PHP8
Our software runs on an older version of PHP which is no longer supported. Long story short I need to update the software so that I can run the newer version of PHP on the server. This should be "easy" but just know sometimes it can cause problems.

I tried updating the PHP version a minute ago and started seeing some errors bc I hadn't update the software yet.

All that to say it will get worked out but if you notice errors you can post them here.
[-] The following 2 users Like StepBackJay's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-07-2023, 11:04 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Our software runs on an older version of PHP which is no longer supported. Long story short I need to update the software so that I can run the newer version of PHP on the server. This should be "easy" but just know sometimes it can cause problems.

I tried updating the PHP version a minute ago and started seeing some errors bc I hadn't update the software yet.

All that to say it will get worked out but if you notice errors you can post them here.

FYI I am making updates to the board software today. I will leave this thread sticky for a while to track any issues.
Like Reply
So far having some issues upgrading PHP to 8.1. Had to disable the mentions plugin so far which is incompatible.
Like Reply
Had to roll back again because I could not resolve errors
Like Reply
Okay after disabling some plugins and disabling errors I was able to get us running on the latest PHP version. If there are any plugins you are dying to have I will look at them again.
Like Reply
Just got an error, trying again. This is a test.
Like Reply
Testing
Like Reply
This is another test
Like Reply
Okay so I disabled some more plugins and now I don't get an error on posts.
Like Reply
Once again if there are any plugins you want back please let the mods know. I will have to help test before we re-activate.
Like Reply
Fancy! Thanks for keeping us in the future

[Image: giphy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Only main thing that I've noticed is that Tweets don't show up in threads like they used to. Hopefully not too much of a headache to get those showing again 

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1653382222815145989
Like Reply
(05-05-2023, 01:50 PM)Jym Wrote: Only main thing that I've noticed is that Tweets don't show up in threads like they used to. Hopefully not too much of a headache to get those showing again 

So it looks like the "Embedded Tweets" plugin we were using is 10 years old and isn't compatible with the latest version of this software. We will need to look for another solution or plugin.
Like Reply
(05-05-2023, 01:50 PM)Jym Wrote: Only main thing that I've noticed is that Tweets don't show up in threads like they used to. Hopefully not too much of a headache to get those showing again 

News articles either. They use to pop right up after copy & paste.
Like Reply
(05-05-2023, 11:30 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Once again if there are any plugins you want back please let the mods know. I will have to help test before we re-activate.

Back in the stone ages I used PHP forum software for several (all?) of the websites and forums I had.  I understand how difficult it is and really appreciate all that you do.

The only thing I've missed is the ability to "like" a post.  It's certainly not essential, but since I'm just a fan--rather than one of the many very astute and knowledgeable posters--I generally "like" a post I more or less agree with.

Who are the mods?...and have you been able to gain complete access to this site and software?

Do what you think is best.  I'll live with it.  Keep up with the damn good work!  Wish I could help you more, but...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • StepBackJay
Like Reply
I still get this error when logging in but it still logs me in I just need to click on the site main page and re-enter.

Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes speedkilz88's post:
  • StepBackJay
Like Reply
(05-07-2023, 08:05 AM)speedkilz88 Wrote: I still get this error when logging in but it still logs me in I just need to click on the site main page and re-enter.

Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

I have gotten that for a long time
Like Reply
(05-09-2023, 02:37 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I have gotten that for a long time

I haven't gotten that lately tho for what its worth
Like Reply
(05-06-2023, 08:11 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: Back in the stone ages I used PHP forum software for several (all?) of the websites and forums I had.  I understand how difficult it is and really appreciate all that you do.

The only thing I've missed is the ability to "like" a post.  It's certainly not essential, but since I'm just a fan--rather than one of the many very astute and knowledgeable posters--I generally "like" a post I more or less agree with.

Who are the mods?...and have you been able to gain complete access to this site and software?

Do what you think is best.  I'll live with it.  Keep up with the damn good work!  Wish I could help you more, but...

I turned it back on but it was giving me a weird icon. I bet we can figure out how to get a like button back tho
Like Reply
(05-09-2023, 02:42 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I turned it back on but it was giving me a weird icon. I bet we can figure out how to get a like button back tho

Not essential. I'm sure you have more important things to deal with.  Just do what you think best.
Like Reply