Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bullock (+0, 9 pts, 4 rbd, 4 ast)
0%
0 0%
MAXI (-11, 10 pts, 4 rbd, 2 ast, CLUTCH AF GAME WINNER)
38.10%
8 38.10%
Powell (+5, 5 pts, 4 rbd, 1 ast)
0%
0 0%
Green (+0, 9 pts, 2 rbd, 1 ast)
0%
0 0%
Kyrie (+11, 38 pts, 6 rbd, 6 ast)
61.90%
13 61.90%
CWood (+4, 12 pts, 9 rbd, 8 ast, 4 stl, 1 blk)
0%
0 0%
Bertans (+8, 6 pts, 1 ast, 1 blk)
0%
0 0%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 71 DIRKIE: Kyrie steals it!
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...Gd0bctAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
[Image: XXNXAMMAQIE3LNWNESVUPDOU7Y.jpg]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...iB0LctAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Tough one.  Need to give it to the game winner right?  Thought he was pretty poor tonight before getting fouled on the three and hitting game winner.

Kyrie was so good tonight though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...Ch0rctAAAA
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/kporzee/status/1636957693926690817
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Bertans with an honorable mention.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Tough choice between Kyrie, Maxi and AD. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Hypermav
Like Reply
For awhile there I was afraid that I was gonna need to choose a stinker of the game.

Last game it would have been Maxi for his hail mary.  This game--no I'm not giving him the Dirkie, but I sure was glad to see him make those free throws and drain that 3 pt shot with 1 second on the clock.  Better than getting a stinker award.

Of note, there was sort of an 11 man rotation + Pinson.  4 men in double figures, which I believe you need at least that many to consistently win games.  Not a sterling shooting night for the most part.  I was fairly happy with the overall effort.

Jaden Hardy made a cameo appearance.  So did THJ--but his cameo lasted 27 minutes.  If anybody can figure out Kidd's rotation clue me in.  I guess it worked.

I'm not going to pretend to give the Dirkie to anyone besides Kyrie.  He earned it.  He deserves it.  We don't win without him.  The funny thing is how low key he played the game.  Almost effortless.
Like Reply
Kyrie bailed Kidd out...despite running into a wall every time on offense in the 4th quarter because Kidd could not find ways to adjust once the Lakers defense put all of their focus on Kyrie. Even on the game-winning shot, he might be the only player in the league who could have made any type of play there. It was the perfect double team with Schroder's quickness and Gabriel's length.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...3093215234

I love this pic
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:09 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Tough one.  Need to give it to the game winner right?  Thought he was pretty poor tonight before getting fouled on the three and hitting game winner.

Kyrie was so good tonight though.

I think there must be a rule that game winners at .2 seconds must be given a Dirkie as part of their reward along with getting tackled on the court.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
I feel like the head coach usually keeps his cool instead of getting into the dog pile. You can tell how badly they needed this W.
Like Reply
[Image: FrepoT0WwAMZQ3Q.jpg?width=1536&height=1024]

[Image: FrepoT2WIAAj1Z_.jpg?width=1536&height=1024]

Maxi needs to get this one framed.
Like Reply
I went with Maxi but Kyrie was just as important to carry us to that point.  Huge win.

(03-18-2023, 12:16 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Tough choice between Kyrie, Maxi and AD. Tongue

"Laker fan" very upset with AD right now.  The fan forum threads have been blistering him.
Like Reply
Maxi was overall pretty bad but he was clutch in the last two possessions. Maybe the heroics will finally get him on track this season. Hell, maybe it will finally get the team on track. Kyrie was straight up incredible and got my vote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply