Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bullock (+11, 20 pts, 13 rbds, 2 ast, 2 stl, 6-10 from 3!)
23.53%
4 23.53%
Powell (+7, 22 pts, 8 rbd, 2 ast)
29.41%
5 29.41%
Green (+17, 21 pts, 3 rbd, 7 ast, 1 stl)
17.65%
3 17.65%
Hardy (+23, 22 pts, 6 rbd, 4 ast)
0%
0 0%
CWood (+5, 28 pts, 13 rbd, 3 ast, 10-11 FTs)
29.41%
5 29.41%
Maxi (+5, 3 pts, 2 rbd, 2 ast, 1 great inbounds pass)
0%
0 0%
Davis Bertans (+2, 6 pts, 1 rbd, 1 ast, 1 stl, 2 blks)
0%
0 0%
Wright IV (-15, 11 pts, 4 rbd, 2 ast)
0%
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 70 DIRKIE: CWood and Diamond Powell win!
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/16...as_LQtAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
This game was odd for me, because the entire time I was convinced the Mavs were trying to lose. Every time they made a little run I'd glance at the scoreboard and realize they'd still be down 5 or 6 points, despite hitting 2 threes in a row. I was imagining that Kidd was conjugating some sort of master tank plan.

And then chaos ensued. If you told me the Mavs made their comeback run off of 6 straight Dwight Powell PnR's I'd have said you are pulling some sort of excerpt from Mak's diary. But it happened. And despite basically having the game in the bag, the Mavs still found a way to send it into overtime. I swear I never laughed so hard after Maxi decided to throw a touchdown pass for literally no reason. I'm still laughing now at the absurdity of it. Literally all he had to do was hand it to someone and go shoot freethrows. But no. This Mavs team isn't in the business of making consistent, sound, winning decisions. 

For the Dirkie, there was actually a lot of good to pull from here. I really enjoy watching Hardy poke and prod defenses. His decision making has come a LONG way. Even if he was 5-17 tonight, he still more often than not made the correct play. His shooting is so pure. He is flashing everything I saw in him pre draft and the skys the limit. Can't give him the Dirkie though just based on his shooting.

Wood had a pretty good game. His 4th quarter and OT probably won them the game. He was rebounding well, and his defense wasn't bad despite some slip ups. I did find it pretty funny watching him root for Powell going off as he was standing at the scorers table to check in for Powell, only to be benched for a little bit longer near the end of the 4th while he had a blank stare back in his seat. Still that didn't deter him. Can't give him the Dirkie though for getting 4 straight offensive fouls.

Powell was doing very Dwight Powell things and because of that he does not get the Dirkie. 

It's almost a tie between Reggie and Josh. Bullock made so many clutch defensive plays and he had a career high rebounding night with 13. Couple that with some incredible 3 pt shooting and he had himself quite the night.

But I have to give it to Josh. He's such a winning player. He showed so much of what makes his game unique. His defense was great. He had some insane passes and ran the offense beautifully. His driving game has grown so much. If he has another summer like he did last year I really do think he can be a 15ppg guy every night. For that I gotta give him the dirkie. 

Very entertaining from the short handed Mavs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 6 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, HIMAV, loki, MFFL, omahen
Like Reply
Well...time for a rare Dirkie night.  I thought for awhile I was gonna need to give out a stinker award. 

Yeah, yeah...my man Maxi would have got the stinker award.

We had 6 players in double figures.  But SA had 7.  I guess we were sort of lucky to get the win.

I want to give the Dirkie to RB for his 20 points and 13 rebounds.

I want to give the Dirkie to  Dwight Powell for his 8 rebounds and 22 points--something he rarely does.

I want to give the Dirkie to Jaden Hardy for his fearless 22 points.  He played a pretty good game.  Even had 4 assists--which is encouraging, but he still has a lot of work to do.

I think I'll give the Dirkie to CWood--13 rebounds, 28 points.

Damn...I should have given it to Josh Green.  I think JG is duking it out with CW for third best player on the Mavs.  I hope he wins, because CW is going to leave this summer...and I don't blame him.

Did anybody besides me notice the SA color commentator (Sean Elliot, I think) showed exactly what is wrong with the Mavs defense--and it's a coaching problem.  I hope I don't run anybody off by harping about coaching.  It's a player problem as well...but coaching comes first.
Like Reply
This game has been really entertaining, especially the comical ending of the regulation. Maxi gets dirkie for the funniest moment ever. I hope he gets to shaqtin. I guess if you are desperately trying to lose, Maxi is the guy you give a task to inbound the ball in the key moment. I love him, but his huge offensive limitations are seen so badly without a guy generating wide open looks for him.
Like Reply
(03-16-2023, 02:19 AM)omahen Wrote: This game has been really entertaining, especially the comical ending of the regulation. Maxi gets dirkie for the funniest moment ever. I hope he gets to shaqtin. I guess if you are desperately trying to lose, Maxi is the guy you give a task to inbound the ball in the key moment. I love him, but his huge offensive limitations are seen so badly without a guy generating wide open looks for him.

https://twitter.com/fastbreakbreak/statu...0759074816

I really havent laughed so hard in such a long time. Literally makes no sense having Maxi inbound the ball and even less sense if you're making him throw that touch down pass
Like Reply
I didn't realize Maxi was also responsible for the Johnson dunk to tie the game. No idea, what he was trying to do, just complete brain freeze

(1) Bleacher Report on Twitter: "Wild Spurs-Mavs sequence ? Spurs force OT on a Keldon Johnson alley-oop ? https://t.co/DMiReszxMD" / Twitter
Like Reply
Green is also a comedian. Maxi is a good passer Smile

(1) Grant Afseth on Twitter: "I asked Josh Green about the Mavericks' success playing out of Horns, particularly in overtime when featuring Christian Wood: On utilizing Horns sets with two bigs: "It creates so many options. Dwight's a good passer. Maxi's a good passer. So to have that, it helps a guard out… https://t.co/xF9It2budS" / Twitter
Like Reply
Reggie
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply