Poll: Who should start?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dwight
8.33%
1 8.33%
Wood
25.00%
3 25.00%
Maxi + Wood
66.67%
8 66.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 69 (nice): DAL (34-35) vs. MEM (41-26) | 88-104 loss
My thread, my agenda. Vote for who should start in this one!
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 3 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • ItsGoTime, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, SleepingHero
Like Reply
"We have a lot of depth at center, but let's see what happens. We always ride with the hot hand" -- Jason Kidd (probably)
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Gosh...Kidd must be living in his own little world.  We have NO depth at center.

Dwight's a good guy, and a hard player, but he should come off the bench in spot situations.  Lacking in offense and defense.  But dependable.  Lacking--but dependable?  I will leave it right there.

Wood is a, well...stuck between power forward and center--leaning toward power forward.  Sometimes forgets that he is suppose to play defense.  Likes to pose after a made basket...and he can make a lot of them.

Maxi, my man!  I want to say he is a power forward, but he certainly isn't an offensive juggernaut.  He is effective, a good defensive player--a glue guy.

We need a good, versatile center!

No--not JaVale McGee.  I hoped he would be effective when the Mavs traded for him...but those hopes were quickly dashed.
Like Reply
Kyrie is questionable.  Luka is out.
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 07:47 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Kyrie is questionable.  Luka is out.

Too bad we don’t have a scorer to give more minutes…
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

But the Mavs CAN win this game--if the player rotations are right and the coach(es) coach.  4th quarter in bounds plays: the players need to put out a little more effort as well.  Rather than lackadaisically waiting for the ball, they need to go get it.  And there should be options if the primary is covered.  I've seen too many slow passes that resulted in turnovers.
Like Reply

Just promise Kyrie his money and we tank the rest of the year. Hardy/Green starting back court. Wood gets to play 35 MPG for his next contract. Just three games behind the 6th odds.  Otherwise we´ll end in the 11 to 14 range sweet spot for the Knicks.
Like Reply
I'm sure everyone is aware of this but THJ last 10 games is 55/109 and 43/80 on threes.  I have nothing to add to this other than his misses don't look awful anymore from what I've seen.
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 12:22 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: My thread, my agenda. Vote for who should start in this one!

I love it.

Please let this be the voodoo magic that causes Wood to start.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
David Roddy can't wait to top his career-high performance. I think he gets 30 and 20 tonight...especially if he sees Powell and Kleber out there again!
Like Reply

NBa regular season is becoming a joke. More than 50% of big games, the teams aren’t at full strength.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 02:52 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: NBa regular season is becoming a joke. More than 50% of big games, the teams aren’t at full strength.

yeah, it's officially becoming a problem. I think I put some stock into Redick's point about how the media has made things sooooooooo much about "rings" that the entire sport is starting not to care about anything else.
Like Reply
Kyrie out now.  wood is questionable
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...22784?s=20

This is some insane injury bad luck. Cuban must've walked under a ladder while shattering some glass and stepping on a crack.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 04:45 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Kyrie out now.  wood is questionable

“Look Casey, that one reporter who doesn’t throw me softballs asked about Wood again. Tell Christian that we think he should sit this one out for his health. If I play him 15 minutes again, my mugshots will be all over twitter. If I actually start him, I’ll be exposed as a fraud because it will work.”
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 04:45 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Kyrie out now.  wood is questionable

Cuban finally gotten smart? Huh 

Looking at our remaining schedule and the Hornets (4th odds lock) new found desire to win basketball games as a good luck lottery charm (0.500 over their last 20 games); it doesn´t take much fantasy to see us go 2-12 or 3-11 over these last 14 games, which would take us comfortably into the bottom 10 records imho. Push for the play-offs, finish a possible 5-9 and you are a 1-2% chance away from converting a top 14 pick to the Knicks. Depressing.

Even without the top 10 lottery protection, we should not risk Luka´s health for this trash season. It might be worth to shut him down just for long-term heatlh security. Let´s be honest, Kyrie does not need a reason not to play basketball. As long as you guarantee him his 200M contract in the summer, he probably could not care less.

Now I have no doubt Cuban would immediately flip the 8th or 9th pick for a veteran player (that probably sucks according to recent results), but it´s still the correct approach. And *fingers crossed* we get Wembanyama or Henderson, I think we are immediately top 5 in the betting odds for the NBA title next season, before free agency even starts. Cool
Like Reply
Wood is out. What will be the anti Wood argument after they give up 130 tonight?
Like Reply
Are the Mavs making up an injury so they don’t have to explain why Wood doesn’t get minutes, even when the team needs offense and the other bigs can’t provide any?  This season went south in a hurry after the Kyrie trade. Ironically, it had nothing to do with Kyrie.  The Luka era itself is circling the drain right now. There’s just not a clear path to get this on track.
Like Reply
Love the thread title, if there’s a game to win it’s this number. Must win game
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 06:13 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Are the Mavs making up an injury so they don’t have to explain why Wood doesn’t get minutes, even when the team needs offense and the other bigs can’t provide any?  This season went south in a hurry after the Kyrie trade. Ironically, it had nothing to do with Kyrie.  The Luka era itself is circling the drain right now. There’s just not a clear path to get this on track.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply