Poll: How many rebounds do the Mavs as a team get tonight? O/U 39.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
33.33%
1 33.33%
Under
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 67: DAL (34-33) vs. NOP (32-34) | 106-112 loss
[Image: FqtLYvlXgAM7EZf?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...7687433216
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Time to bring out the Latvian Laser
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(03-08-2023, 02:04 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...7687433216

I'm thinking that, without McGee, they've got no shot tonight.
Like Reply
2 games on, 1 game off, 1 game on, 1 game off.
Like Reply
New Orleans have been reeling.   There was a time people were talking them as a finals contender earlier.  Injuries has zapped them of any hope over the past few months.   

There is talk they could eventually get the first pick in the draft with their Lakers pick swap this year.   Now, the Lakers have a better record and the Pelicans are at the #10 spot.   Maybe they get lottery luck, but it doesn't look as promising as it did.
Like Reply
(03-08-2023, 03:17 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: New Orleans have been reeling.   There was a time people were talking them as a finals contender earlier.  Injuries has zapped them of any hope over the past few months.   

There is talk they could eventually get the first pick in the draft with their Lakers pick swap this year.   Now, the Lakers have a better record and the Pelicans are at the #10 spot.   Maybe they get lottery luck, but it doesn't look as promising as it did.

Zion always being hurt has zapped that team to no end. When he was healthy, they clearly were a much improved team. They had the best record in the West early on before him and ingram went down for significant time. Now there is talk he may not come back at all this season. Such a shame for a talented player.
Like Reply
(03-08-2023, 03:17 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: New Orleans have been reeling.   There was a time people were talking them as a finals contender earlier.  Injuries has zapped them of any hope over the past few months.   

https://twitter.com/TopBallCoverage/stat...8202498048

Speaking of injuries, Zion probably out for the season. Sheesh. Dude has averaged 30 games played a year for his career.
Like Reply
[Image: IMG_1728.png]
Like Reply
It’s been one of those days on my end, let’s hope the boys make it one of those days for the Pels tonight. Must win game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrMav's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Technical foul. Luka has done it. 16 for the season. One game suspension.
Like Reply
Playing Morris is beyond idiotic. He’s single handedly given the Pelicans hope. Every minute is important in a playoff race. You can’t just give them away by playing guys like that. Kidd needs figure his roster out. It’s ridiculous he’s still pulling this shit so late in the season.

(03-08-2023, 08:01 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Technical foul. Luka has done it. 16 for the season. One game suspension.

Now more than ever this is a must win game. But that looked like a cheap technical.
Like Reply
Guess he had one rescinded.  So at 15.
Like Reply
Pelicans are running the ball down their collective throats. Clearly see their game plan. Play in the paint..
Like Reply
I would rest Luka in the second half.  The team doesn’t have it tonight.  He is hurting.  But I don’t want to watch isolation Luka ball and then after he misses watch him put his head down and jogs back on defense.  That is loser basketball.  The whole team looks awful but that is terrible on court leadership by your best player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
There’s so many little things that just make no sense.  It’s not that they’re huge swingers on their own merit but it’s a symptom of what a watcher Kidd actually is. 

Things like Bertans playing 5 minutes and they don’t manage to run a single off ball action to get a sniper a shot.  Things like having Frank initiate offense because he has the “mismatch” of the big guarding him…there’s a REASON that’s the matchup they’re using.

This roster is gross…Kidd makes it grosserer!

(03-08-2023, 08:44 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I would rest Luka in the second half.  The team doesn’t have it tonight.  He is hurting.  But I don’t want to watch isolation Luka ball and then after he misses watch him put his head down and jogs back on defense.  That is loser basketball.  The whole team looks awful but that is terrible on court leadership by your best player.

Luka is doing a good job of showcasing ALL of his flaws that people like to hammer him for…well except people working within the organization.  He’s definitely hurting and it’s just highlighting those moments even more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
The teams we are battling for playoff spots are just as messed up as us, but I just can’t see how this team avoids the playin tourney.  The mentally tough team from last year is gone.  Add a poor defense and it will be win one, lose one finish to the season.
Like Reply
Luka definitely taking plays off. One sequence under the basket he hung his head on a missed shot that would have been an offensive rebound if he had his head up. Stuff like that all half. Just taking a game off I guess.  Maybe the team will play hard in the 2nd.  I’d play Hardy some.
Like Reply
Why is Luka still out there. Idiots.
Like Reply
I really think Luka could have his leg amputated in the middle of the quarter and Kidd would keep him in to finish the quarter.

Great…yeah let’s give Pinson some fun.  Let give Hardy run instead.

Green really struggling again.
Like Reply