Poll: How many points do the Mavs score tonight? O/U 113.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
100.00%
8 100.00%
Under
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 64: PHI (40-21) vs. DAL (32-31)| Mavs -4 Favs
[Image: FqJJraPWwAERzWN?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Are the Mavs really a 4 point favorite or is this a typo?
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 10:29 AM)Smitty Wrote: Are the Mavs really a 4 point favorite or is this a typo?

They are.

But it's just vegas trying to get money.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 10:31 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: They are.

But it's just vegas trying to get money.

Well, I would think the public would hammer the Sixers, which tells me the Mavs will win tonight (and cover) because Vegas doesn't like to lose...

https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1631...66817?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w
Like Reply
Look who’s back
Back again
.500 ball’s back
Tell a friend
Like Reply
Vegas algorithm for Mavs games: How do the Knicks get the 11th pick.

Cry
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/biasedslightly/statu...41633?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 10:34 AM)Smitty Wrote: Well, I would think the public would hammer the Sixers, which tells me the Mavs will win tonight (and cover) because Vegas doesn't like to lose...

https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1631...66817?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w

We'll see. I don't see a path to them winning all things being equal. Stranger things have happened though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 02:08 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I don't see a path to them winning all things being equal.

Big night from Kyrie after, by his standards, two duds in a row..?
Like Reply
It is a 2nd night of a b2b both on the road for PHI.

Maybe that's where Vegas irrational line is coming from?
Like Reply
Oops missed the early start. Bad weather but hopefully good basketball. Must win game
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrMav's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 05:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It is a 2nd night of a b2b both on the road for PHI.

Maybe that's where Vegas irrational line is coming from?

Maybe the betting public thinks Luka and Kyrie are good.
Like Reply
Vegas continues to love the Mavs. They understand how much talent is here and how this team is underachieving.
Like Reply
37 points.

Another bad defensive quarter.

Thankfully their offense was clicking, but can't win consistently like this.
Like Reply
beard and embid will get their points anyway, just don't let their role players show up.

beard already dished 7 assists in just one quarter, which ain't a good sign imho. if their role players begin to sh!t on us for fun, we are f*cked.
Like Reply
This team really needs the player Bullock was suppose to be.

Last year of contract but only 5 mil guaranteed.  Is he back next year?
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 08:26 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This team really needs the player Bullock was suppose to be.

Last year of contract but only 5 mil guaranteed.  Is he back next year?

I think so.  

Since they are over the cap, if they just let him expire or buy him out, they can't replace him with anything of value.

Better to trade him for someone with similar salary. Either a better player with longer contract, or similar player but different position.
Like Reply
Another 30-point quarter for a Mavs opponent.

I guess we should be happy, since they allowed fewer than the first quarter??

Giving up 62% FG.  Too many drives to the hoop!
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 08:33 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I think so.  

Since they are over the cap, if they just let him expire or buy him out, they can't replace him with anything of value.

Better to trade him for someone with similar salary. Either a better player with longer contract, or similar player but different position.

Yeah that is what I am thinking via a trade.  It would be nice if we had another larger expiring or partial guarantee contract to combine via trade.

Once you see him getting beat on defense often, it is tough not to see.  I get it.  Perimeter defense is really tough…especially without rim protection.  But he looks like he lost a step.  I also hate when he gets the ball and he doesn’t have a shot.  He provides no pressure on the defense.

Even if they don’t move him, Dallas needs to go looking for a guy who can replace him in a year.  It would be nice if they found a diamond in the rough.
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 08:41 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Yeah that is what I am thinking via a trade.  It would be nice if we had another larger expiring or partial guarantee contract to combine via trade.

Once you see him getting beat on defense often, it is tough not to see.  I get it.  Perimeter defense is really tough…especially without rim protection.  But he looks like he lost a step.  I also hate when he gets the ball and he doesn’t have a shot.  He provides no pressure on the defense.

Even if they don’t move him, Dallas needs to go looking for a guy who can replace him in a year.  It would be nice if they found a diamond in the rough.

That $5mil contract is really handy when trading with a team looking for cap relief.  Allows them to trade an $11m player for Bullock, then release him and save $6m plus a lot of additional luxury tax.
Like Reply