Poll: How many points do the Mavs give up in the paint? O/U 55.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
66.67%
4 66.67%
Under
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 63: IND (28-35) vs. DAL (32-31) | 124-122 loss
(03-01-2023, 06:09 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: He is a spoiled little princes, who thinks he knows everything. As all modern players, he has all the right answers, to make him look cute, but actions tell a different story.
He will be humbled in the next few years, due to Mavs sucking because of their FO. Maybe he learns something.
If we go on personality traits (if I would be a player on a team and have a option to choose) I am going with Giannis or Jokič 10 out of 10 times. He might by better on certain days, but his talent doesnt outweigh whining, crying, complaining and entitlement.

And I am writing this as a Slovenian, and it hurts. He is a bad representation of what we appreciate in this country.
Hopefully he has a hard look in the mirror one day (soon, dude is 24!) and grows up. Wish him all the best, but if you take a neutral stance its hard to see past it.
We all played with dudes like this. Personally I prefer a "dog" with less talent, than a dude who whines on calls, refuses to play when he thinks he knows better etc. You know what I am talking about, we all have a friend like that, and for me it ruins a game when we play. I prefer 5 dogs, who run, shoot and keep their mouth shut. Even if we loose.

Its one of those...I am not mad, just disappointed...

I am Slovenian too and I love Luka. Where I don't agree with you, "spoiled little princess" or not, he has proven he can win. This is why I like him. I also think this "spoiled little princess" take is hugely exaggerated. He doesn't act like a star off the court, he seeks no special star priviliges, he is loved by teammates off the court. 

By no means I think he is perfect, no one is. What I resent to this FO is that they are totally incapable of building around him. Identify his weaknesses and put players next to him that will help with them, either that being leadership or weaker defense. A lot of you also want Luka to change instead of building correct complementary pieces.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 63: IND (28-35) vs. DAL (32-31) | 124-122 loss - by omahen - 03-02-2023, 07:25 AM