Poll: How many points does Josh score? O/U 14.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
50.00%
5 50.00%
Under
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 61: SAS (14-46) vs. DAL (32-29) | 116-142 WIN!
(02-25-2023, 04:27 PM)phiL Wrote: Wtf i am reading Just ban that idiot

Simulation sending its bots to make me look like the problem.  Predictable, coward.
Like Reply
So, DynamicalVoid has been banned for 3 days for overly cussing. This is not to say we don’t allow cussing on this site, I myself have used an expletive here or there at times here, but we as mods deem overly cussing as a detraction to the board that we don’t want. I have gone back and deleted all the cuss words used and the message didn’t change at all.

Also, I found out today that I am phiL.
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 05:12 PM)ItsGoTimel Wrote: Also, I found out today that I am phiL.
Ehh...what? Could you please explain this further?
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 04:48 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Simulation sending its bots to make me look like the problem.  Predictable, coward.
This was his reply to phiL’s post requesting we ban dV. Apparently phiL is a bot we sent to make him look like the problem. So, phiL is me and I am phiL as the simulation goes!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 05:12 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I have gone back and deleted all the cuss words used and the message didn’t change at all.
Did you also find out, who changed his sig?

I'd say such actions must not repeat. If users have to worry about their account integrity, the board will suffer substantialla.
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 05:49 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This was his reply to phiL’s post requesting we ban dV. Apparently phiL is a bot we sent to make him look like the problem. So, phiL is me and I am phiL as the simulation goes!
Ah, thanks. Was my guess, but too cryptic for me back then Wink

#ConspiracyTheories
Like Reply
If I had mod privileges, I would totally mess with that dude. But I wish you wouldn’t ban him. I have him blocked, and when he’s banned, he just comes back with a new handle.

Agree with S Hero that changing his sig is going too far. But I disagree that it isn’t funny. Inappropriate and unfunny do not go hand in hand.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 05:54 PM)WillE Wrote: Did you also find out, who changed his sig?

I'd say such actions must not repeat. If users have to worry about their account integrity, the board will suffer substantialla.
I’ve asked the other mods. If you’ll allow me to change your signature, I can see if that ends up on the moderation logs. If that doesn’t do it, I’ll look for other avenues, but no, I haven’t found the culprit.

The signature is something that you guys as users can change yourself, so I myself find it a bit trivial that it was taken so seriously. However, I also understand my thoughts on this are not gonna be the same person to person. The title is something only moderators can change, so I can understand getting upset with that.
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 06:17 PM)The Jom Wrote: If I had mod privileges, I would totally mess with that dude. But I wish you wouldn’t ban him. I have him blocked, and when he’s banned, he just comes back with a new handle.

Agree with S Hero that changing his sig is going too far. But I disagree that it isn’t funny. Inappropriate and unfunny do not go hand in hand.
If he comes back and isn’t doing bannable things, fine.
Like Reply
Being like he is isn’t necessarily bannable. I myself would have put him on ignore a while ago except I feel it my duty as a moderator to read every post to make sure stuff like this doesn’t go unchecked.

If everyone has him on ignore though, it’s as if he’s banned anyway.
Like Reply
(02-25-2023, 06:31 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I’ve asked the other mods. If you’ll allow me to change your signature, I can see if that ends up on the moderation logs. If that doesn’t do it, I’ll look for other avenues, but no, I haven’t found the culprit.

The signature is something that you guys as users can change yourself, so I myself find it a bit trivial that it was taken so seriously. However, I also understand my thoughts on this are not gonna be the same person to person. The title is something only moderators can change, so I can understand getting upset with that.
Sure, go ahead. Or do I first need to do anything?

I'm not emotionally upset about it, as it is not even evidenced to this point what was really happening.

However, I just think such actions are categorically wrong and would hurt our community, so we should make sure they will not happen.
Like Reply
I am not a Bot (would be nice though). Most of the time i am a quiet reader but that guy broke all board-rules and disturbs my joy of reading. So i was forced to write something. 

But if someone wants me to be his bot i am open for negotiations ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[-] The following 1 user Likes phiL's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 02:27 AM)WillE Wrote: Sure, go ahead. Or do I first need to do anything?

I'm not emotionally upset about it, as it is not even evidenced to this point what was really happening.

However, I just think such actions are categorically wrong and would hurt our community, so we should make sure they will not happen.
Looks like you didn’t have to do anything. You don’t have your sig enabled so what I typed didn’t show up. However, I went to the log and saw it showing me editing your signature.
Yesterday, I changed my own signature and that didn’t show up on the logs though.
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 11:03 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Looks like you didn’t have to do anything. You don’t have your sig enabled so what I typed didn’t show up. However, I went to the log and saw it showing me editing your signature.
Yesterday, I changed my own signature and that didn’t show up on the logs though.
So can you conclude anything out oft this?
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 11:55 AM)WillE Wrote: So can you conclude anything out oft this?
Once I knew exactly what I was looking for and I went back further than before (thinking the change was more recent than it actually was) I did find out who it was. I’ve PM’d him and am giving him time to come clean on his own.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • MFFL, WillE
Like Reply
Mods should always be part of a solution...never part of a problem.  I know that's a lot to ask--since I've had my own sites and forums--but some people simply aren't cut out to be a mod.

Healthy discussions, debates, and informative posts are great.  Let's keep having more of that.  I hope those who have left come back.  Some of them were very knowledgeable and informative...a real plus for the forum. 

We still have some great people on this forum.  Let's never lose sight of that either.
Like Reply